The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Lindsey Buckingham is a guitar genius, G!

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:21 pm As for the horribly overrated and annoying Fleetwood Mac,
I've never been closer to banning Greg before... He is free to "go his own way," though.
TayUmSwift wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:51 pm Image
:lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

My Pool Table…

Post by MaraCarr »

I am so happy! My pool table is fully playable and finally installed! :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Today I applied for a job at my local grocery store for the first time since I moved to my new town back in October 2020. I sent my application online in the morning and then got a call back a few hours later letting me know they were interested, then I got a 2nd call later asking me to come in for an interview on Thursday and Im nervous cuz this is the first legitimate interview Ive had to do. :eek I kinda skipped that process at my last job somehow :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: More like an unacceptable question.

Post by zazthespaz »

Good luck! Remember, when they ask you, "Why do you want this job?", "Money" is not an acceptable answer even though everyone is thinking it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: More like an unacceptable question.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:29 pm Good luck! Remember, when they ask you, "Why do you want this job?", "Money" is not an acceptable answer even though everyone is thinking it.
Thanks Cam! :lol I will try not to say the main reason why anyone wants a job :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

As some people might have read here back in early 2016 and 2017, I have botched a few job interviews. Looking back on those and what I have learned in the five years of being employed, I would have handled a lot of questions differently.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Good luck Shea!

I had a bit of a dry throat going in to one interview so I took a bottle of water with me, but once the nerves started in there I just kept using it as a crutch and basically got through the whole bottle. I did not get the job, probably because I looked like some kind of water freak.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

A well-hydrated employee is important though!

I hate it when there are multiple steps, and you feel like you really nailed the first few interviews/tests and you also made a connection with the interviewer(s) on a personal level, which is really important.
And then in one of the last steps there's this person who clearly has no clue about any of the previous conversations/tests because clearly nothing was communicated internally.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 am Good luck Shea!

I had a bit of a dry throat going in to one interview so I took a bottle of water with me, but once the nerves started in there I just kept using it as a crutch and basically got through the whole bottle. I did not get the job, probably because I looked like some kind of water freak.

Could have been worse :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I got the job :D Orientation is on Sunday.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: This is probably why groceries are so expensive now. Thanks Shea.

Post by zazthespaz »

Woo! Congrats!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Congrats :cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: All 6 of you...

Post by zazthespaz »

Happy to report I am now banning Russian spammers and providing them with a message asking them to leave Ukraine.

That being said, if this site gets hacked and begins fueling Russian propoganda, I apologize. Find TABN on Facebook I guess...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Just pretend you're busy and point vaguely in the opposite direction

Post by gbruin »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:25 pm I got the job :D Orientation is on Sunday.
Congrats, Shea!!

Hey, where do you guys stock the dehydrated water?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Hello guys. Right now I'm in the middle of the first show of our school musical. I'm realizing how everybody in the live pit, not just Addison, has been leaving me out of every social situation. Is there anything I can say to my bandmates so that I can feel not left out? Like an apology or anything? There's two more days left of the musical plus the after party.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And don't skimp out and get all plain glaze.

Post by zazthespaz »

Bring donuts, let everyone know you brought donuts at the start of whatever you're doing, then never mention them ever again.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Thanks guys! :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:02 pm Hello guys. Right now I'm in the middle of the first show of our school musical. I'm realizing how everybody in the live pit, not just Addison, has been leaving me out of every social situation. Is there anything I can say to my bandmates so that I can feel not left out? Like an apology or anything? There's two more days left of the musical plus the after party.
Step 1) Google solutions for "what to do when people stop talking to you"; there's plenty of articles and opinions out there on the internet for how to handle it.
Step 2) If step 1 doesn't work then get new friends who wont do that to you and try to prevent this situation from happening again.
Step 3) Profit?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Then...Profit

Post by gbruin »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:15 am
maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:02 pm Hello guys. Right now I'm in the middle of the first show of our school musical. I'm realizing how everybody in the live pit, not just Addison, has been leaving me out of every social situation. Is there anything I can say to my bandmates so that I can feel not left out? Like an apology or anything? There's two more days left of the musical plus the after party.
Step 1) Google solutions for "what to do when people stop talking to you"; there's plenty of articles and opinions out there on the internet for how to handle it.
Step 2) If step 1 doesn't work then get new friends who wont do that to you and try to prevent this situation from happening again.
Step 3) Profit?
Step 1.9) Do not do things to try to make other people act/react in a certain way. Do things that present yourself in the best light and the way you want to be seen now and remembered later. How others react to you is then a reflection on them.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Lots of crying.

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:59 am Bring donuts, let everyone know you brought donuts at the start of whatever you're doing, then never mention them ever again.
Then there would have been too many donuts. Somebody else brought donuts already, and, like, five people brought cookies.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:15 am Step 1) Google solutions for "what to do when people stop talking to you"; there's plenty of articles and opinions out there on the internet for how to handle it.
Step 3) Profit?
Step 1) Googled already. I didn't know where to start doing those things that people suggested.

Step 2) These people aren't exactly my friends and weren't from the start. I was just trying to feel more like a part of the group that I was assigned to be in.

Step 3) What?
gbruin wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:30 am Step 1.9) Do not do things to try to make other people act/react in a certain way. Do things that present yourself in the best light and the way you want to be seen now and remembered later. How others react to you is then a reflection on them.
Great minds think alike. This is what I decided to do in the end.

Friday night was nothing special. Saturday was better. One of the cast members organized an after party and invited everybody that was involved in the musical. Cast, crew, and live pit. Only four people from pit showed up, and since the two Sophias are basically inseparable from each other, I spent most of the time hanging out with the piano player Wolfgang. It was fun. There was karaoke and I sang If It Means A Lot To You by A Day To Remember (which, as you may have noticed, is quoted in my signature). Everybody was singing by the end.

Every student involved in the musical was allowed a chance to give a speech where they could talk about their experience in the musical and thank anybody they wanted to. We went by grades each day: freshmen on Thursday, sophomores on Friday, juniors on Saturday, and seniors on Sunday. We all knew Sunday was going to be emotional because we're seniors and it's our last day of our last musical, so all of us spent some time rehearsing our speeches. I don't think anybody made it through their whole speech without crying. The girl that played Belle (we were doing Beauty And The Beast) could barely say three words per ten seconds because she was crying so hard. Anyway, like everybody else, I rehearsed my speech, so fortunately, I can write close to exactly what I said.

"Hi, my name is Max Zubic. I'm the bassist in the live pit, and I was in the cast last year, so it's great to see both sides of a musical (both vocal and instrumental). I came into this feeling out of place and like I was trying to break into a tight-knit friend group, but as time went on, I felt more welcome here."

(I hope you don't mind names being dropped. I said a lot of names in my speech and I don't know whether it's an invasion of privacy or not.)

"So I feel like I should shout out everybody in the live pit. Madeline, Elizabeth, Jakob, Sophia, other Sophia...and my three favorites."

"Mekenna, you rock! It's so fun to talk with you about guitar and drums and math and...birthday collections!"

(Mekenna and I both collect birthdays, and we compared our lists on Friday. She has about 60, but I have close to 300!)

"Wolfgang, you are hands down the best musician I have met at Hononegah!" (Cheers from everybody.) "And you made me feel welcome even when I was otherwise feeling left out."

"Addison...I know our relationship isn't really good right now, but I'm so grateful that you walked into my life. You're an amazing clarinet player" (cheers from everybody) "and I'm so glad I got to know you very well over the last 2 1/2 years. I'll miss you so much, I'm gonna cry buckets at graduation!"

(This is when I started crying.)

"And this wouldn't be complete without Mr. and Mrs. Frieden, Mr. Kramper, Mrs. Dibble, any of you...Oh, and the cast and crew! I don't have time to thank everybody right now, but I'll try to get to as many of you individually as I can! I just don't want to take up too much time. Thank you for making this another wonderful experience for me!"

If I was selfish, I would say that I felt amazing and I don't care how anybody else felt.

But I'm not selfish. I wonder how everybody else felt about what I said. Specifically the ones I called out, and especially the ones I said longer things about. I hope that what I said was nice enough that everybody took it gently and was happy.

I did get hugs from four people: two male cast members, Wolfgang, and Mekenna.

By the way, Addison cried really hard during her speech, and after, she hugged Madeline and Wolfgang like she was holding on to them for dear life. It was both sad and beautiful at the same time. I wanted to hug her so bad then, but I know she wouldn't have let me. I love her so much, just as much as her other friends do.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs