If the Forbidden Door were to be opened...

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

If the Forbidden Door were to be opened...

Post by TenaciousBe »

...and for one day, or one tour, Alter Bridge were playing with Stapp opening, or Creed were playing with Myles or SMKC, and the opportunity was there...... what song would you like to hear the other lead singer join in for? Which Creed songs would you want to hear Myles sing? Which AB songs would you want to hear Scott sing?

I bring this up because I was listening to Faceless Man last night, and I felt like I could really hear Myles tear that song up (especially if it was ABIII-era Myles). And I think it'd be most natural for Stapp to do something from ODR since it was the closest to the Creed days, so I'd probably go with Burn It Down.

Thoughts?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: If the Forbidden Door were to be opened...

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I think if anyone is gonna be singing Creed songs in this scenario I'd choose Mark, personally. And he could pretty much sing any/all Creed song. Scott would probably fit best with most of the ODR record and maybe some select songs from BB or ABII.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I want to hear Stapp sing Summergirl, but I also want to hear Myles sing Summergirl, so yea...

I think Myles would've sounded good on most Creed balad/mid-tempo songs back in the ODR/BB era. Now I think he lacks the depth and I can't really imagine him being into it, so I think it would just be boring.

Stapp could maybe pull of some more upbeat Alter Bridge songs, but there are a few songs where Myles stays in that mid register, so I think he would struggle with pretty much all of them. Maybe something like Metalingus would be in his range.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know there is going to be a time where AI is going to get too out of control and someone will do something like an AI version of Myles singing Higher and cause a civil war in here.

As for the actual conversation, I don't want Myles or Stapp singing songs from the bands they are not a part of. It just wouldn't feel right. It works when Myles sings AB songs. It works when Stapp sing Creed songs. Let's not get all mad scientist and think the other guy would sing songs better than the original singer.

I'm hoping at one point, they probably do something like Hunger Strike where Myles does the Cornell parts and Stapp does the Vedder parts. I think that would be something fun for them to do.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I can't see Myles singing any Creed songs. He is not your new messiah and he will not take you higher, is what he said. :)

If I had to pick one though, I don't know. How about Inside Us All? Those are Myles type lyrics. And maybe Scott singing Shed My Skin, that could work.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Vaux wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:49 pm And maybe Scott singing Shed My Skin, that could work.
I can totally imagine a 1999 era Stapp belting that one out.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Is this what BCD was about on the old forums?

Post by zazthespaz »

Vaux wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:49 pm I can't see Myles singing any Creed songs. He is not your new messiah and he will not take you higher, is what he said. :)

If I had to pick one though, I don't know. How about Inside Us All? Those are Myles type lyrics. And maybe Scott singing Shed My Skin, that could work.
:lol :lol that was such a good line, kind of wish they kept it in

SMS could work pretty well, wouldn't mind seeing that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: Is this what BCD was about on the old forums?

Post by TenaciousBe »

zazthespaz wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:26 pm Re: Is this what BCD was about on the old forums?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I think prime 1999 Stapp on One Day Remains (the song, not the album) would have been really great.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

No.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

[Deleted] Wrong thread!
Last edited by Crumbso on Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

If I had to choose. Myles singing “Say I” but in his signature voice. He could do things with that song that would make us all cry.

Scott singing “Words Darker Than Their Wings” it fits him and it would sound different but in a good way.

I would really love to hear Myles sing some Journey covers! He has that unique voice! 🙂

But who cares what I think. I’m just an uneducated redneck who doesn’t know how to use the internet.
❤️