Would you change an AB album in some way?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Would you change an AB album in some way?

Post by Dan Dando »

Had this idea for a topic that could end up being rather uninteresting, but I thought I'd throw it out to you all anyway...

If you could make one change to any AB album, what would your change be? :headscratch

Would you perhaps...
  • Move a song from one album to another
  • Cut a song completely
  • Move where a song is placed
  • Modify a song in some way
Here's mine to get the ball rolling - I would move Indoctrination to the Pawns and Kings record. I feel like it would fit in quite nicely on there.

PS - I'm only asking for one change, otherwise maximzub will spend all night on his reply :lol

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: Would you change an AB album in some way?

Post by TenaciousBe »

Ooh, good question.

I feel like Calm The Fire should be an album opening song. Now, Achilles is also a perfect opener, so I wouldn't want to replace that on Fortress. And I don't really want to remove Fire from the album completely, but then again, it WOULD make a banger of an opener for The Last Hero. So I'd maybe do that.

Now, I know you said only one change, but this doesn't affect the albums at all so I'm including it -- move back to the gothic lettering logo! The blocky A and E that they moved to on The Last Hero just feel so corporate. The old logo just feels like home, reminds me of the fun early days of the band.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

On Walk The Sky I would move Clear Horizon to the second track spot after One Life. Always felt like the outro of One Life flowed really well into that song, and I think it would have made for a pretty unique opener to that record.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Impossible to stick to just one if I’m thinking of swapping song orders, so I’d cut We Don’t Care At All from the album version of Blackbird and have The Damage Done in its place somewhere in the tracklist
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:18 am Now, I know you said only one change, but this doesn't affect the albums at all so I'm including it -- move back to the gothic lettering logo! The blocky A and E that they moved to on The Last Hero just feel so corporate. The old logo just feels like home, reminds me of the fun early days of the band.
I'll allow it :D
Andy92 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:39 am On Walk The Sky I would move Clear Horizon to the second track spot after One Life. Always felt like the outro of One Life flowed really well into that song, and I think it would have made for a pretty unique opener to that record.
Good shout. Also, the lyric.. 'Awake now I see the clear horizon'.. really sets the stage nicely for the rest of the album. Similar to how Slip to the Void set the tone for the dark vibe of ABIII.
AHart96 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:19 am Impossible to stick to just one if I’m thinking of swapping song orders...
Good point. Maybe just the one change was a flawed idea in retrospect.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: rant: why regional bonus tracks?

Post by zazthespaz »

AHart96 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:19 am Impossible to stick to just one if I’m thinking of swapping song orders, so I’d cut We Don’t Care At All from the album version of Blackbird and have The Damage Done in its place somewhere in the tracklist
How did you get a BB album with WDCAA on it? I thought that was a European bonus track? Even then, it's still just a bonus track, right?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AHart96
Rise Today

Re: rant: why regional bonus tracks?

Post by AHart96 »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:23 am
AHart96 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:19 am Impossible to stick to just one if I’m thinking of swapping song orders, so I’d cut We Don’t Care At All from the album version of Blackbird and have The Damage Done in its place somewhere in the tracklist
How did you get a BB album with WDCAA on it? I thought that was a European bonus track? Even then, it's still just a bonus track, right?
I thought it was weird too, in my head the album ended with Wayward One but iTunes has WDCAA on it :headscratch :headscratch

In that case, take out Break Me Down for The Damage Done
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Are we talking one change per album or per the whole discography? In case of the former:

Blackbird: replace 'Break Me Down' with 'New Way To Live'
The Last Hero: get rid of 'You Will Be Remembered'
Walk the Sky: remove 'The Bitter End' and 'Tear Us Apart'
Pawns & Kings: drop "Season of Promise' and "Last Man Standing'

So basically getting rid of the lackluster tracks.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Dolo wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:01 am Are we talking one change per album or per the whole discography? In case of the former:

Blackbird: replace 'Break Me Down' with 'New Way To Live'
The Last Hero: get rid of 'You Will Be Remembered'
Walk the Sky: remove 'The Bitter End' and 'Tear Us Apart'
Pawns & Kings: drop "Season of Promise' and "Last Man Standing'

So basically getting rid of the lackluster tracks.
It was the latter. You've got 60 seconds to delete most of your post.

Just kidding :D

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Oh shit, I forgot that one! We Don't Care At All is one of my favorite tracks ever, that DEFINITELY needs to be added into the standard Blackbird album.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:08 pm PS - I'm only asking for one change, otherwise maximzub will spend all night on his reply :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You got me there. I would have lots of suggested changes. And I don't really have all night to make a list of them because I have to do other stuff tonight, such as start the write-ups about my weekend.

So, one change? Let me think.

I could suggest any easy one like replacing an album track with a bonus track from the same album, switching up the order, just simply cutting tracks, or moving songs to albums. But for my number one change, I'll actually suggest something completely different.

I wish that for Pawns & Kings, they would have rerecorded Burn It Down with Mark on vocals and Myles on lead guitar and included it somewhere on the album.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Add Solace to ODR, that song is amazing and it doesn't get enough attention. I hope they play it some day.