Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by scarecrow »

Ashlee wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:09 am Nothing was deleted due to “wrongness.” Deleting your mentions of a leak discourages people from asking you or PMing you for the leak. We’ve been asked to limit discussion of it so that’s what we’re doing. Tell us how much you like it or don’t like it when it’s released officially. Thanks!
fair but that should be more clearly spelled out in the rules - that we shouldn't even talk about leaks

:cheers

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Timotheus wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:40 pm I generally think skulls are too gimmicky, and not really suited for AB. I can tolerate this because the rest looks good, and I can see it fitting with the theme. I'd like it less on the bass drum live for example.
Watch us get snakes and skulls on the album cover and then get an album full of songs like “Tear Us Apart.” It’d be so metal, bro……

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Tear us apart is great though

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

DarkKnight12 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:34 pm Tear us apart is great though
It’s my least favorite AB song, if I’m being honest, but that’s not what I’m referring to.

I’m simply saying if I see snakes and skulls on an album cover, that the album better go hard. Better sound metal. No obligatory cheese.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Not that it matters that much, but Slipknot is posting clips from each album in order, hinting they're building up to revealing they're new album on the same day at this rate. Gonna have some major competition for next week and likely album release day too.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:03 pm
DarkKnight12 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:34 pm Tear us apart is great though
It’s my least favorite AB song, if I’m being honest, but that’s not what I’m referring to.

I’m simply saying if I see snakes and skulls on an album cover, that the album better go hard. Better sound metal. No obligatory cheese.
Yeaah I feel you. Everything so far including yesterday… missteps, indicates towards sth more akin to fortress rather than walk the sky. Which makes me VERY happy. I’m hoping for an album really dipping into light prog territory or sth really dark and potentially not radio friendly at all

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

bruh

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Ahhh! All I wanna do is shout to the heavens about that alleged "tracklist leak" that got passed around.

All I'm gonna say is... Judas Priest?!

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

The tracklist is likely fake, the board photo Mark took has 12 tracks total which is two more than claimed.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

RevenantGB wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:20 am The tracklist is likely fake, the board photo Mark took has 12 tracks total which is two more than claimed.
Bonus tracks?

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Dan Dando wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:26 am
RevenantGB wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:20 am The tracklist is likely fake, the board photo Mark took has 12 tracks total which is two more than claimed.
Bonus tracks?
Yeah that's true, the only scenario in which it's real imo is if two of the recorded songs were kept for bonus tracks. It's possible, but surely a 10 song album in this day and age is a little short?
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

RevenantGB wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:32 am It's possible, but surely a 10 song album in this day and age is a little short?
Considering that people's attention span is getting shorter and that Tiktok is now king with it's 10-20 second long music videos, I'm not surprised they went for a shorter album.
A lot of progressive rock/metal album have 5-6 tracks. The difference is that those can be 10-12 minutes long.
In any case, ff the album is shorter but actually better and more focused - take my money.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:45 am
RevenantGB wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:32 am It's possible, but surely a 10 song album in this day and age is a little short?
Considering that people's attention span is getting shorter and that Tiktok is now king with it's 10-20 second long music videos, I'm not surprised they went for a shorter album.
A lot of progressive rock/metal album have 5-6 tracks. The difference is that those can be 10-12 minutes long.
In any case, ff the album is shorter but actually better and more focused - take my money.
I also wouldn't be surprised if the songs are longer than average. I mean, we already know that the songs are pretty complex, right?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Some people say certain issues of AB albums in the past (like AB III and Walk The Sky) was that there was probably maybe a tad too many songs which kinda makes it tiring to go through (especially with Elvis's style of production).

Personally, I'm all for them making a double album, at some point, if they are able to vary the styles of songs, but given the landscape of where everyone is at, I'm honestly fine if Pawns & Kings ended up being 10 songs if they average around 5+ minutes a song. Still could be 50+ minutes of what could be solid material.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

I had a dream last night that there was 2 songs that were almost 10 minutes long. I’d give anything for my dream to come true.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Assuming the Tuesday announcement is album pre-order and not just another teaser, only 21 hours to go until the pre-order should be live for our NZ friends, where we will get the track lengths and all will be officially revealed :peace Unless they change it up this time and decide to not make it available in their timezone until our Tuesday too, which would be Wednesday for them...But I dont think they've ever done that. So tomorrow at 5AM PST should be a safe bet :peace

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

maximzub wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:23 am
Dolo wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:45 am
I also wouldn't be surprised if the songs are longer than average. I mean, we already know that the songs are pretty complex, right?
Complexity doesn't mean the extension of duration, but yeah, the prog scene is known for the fact that the complex tracks are longer.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:01 am Assuming the Tuesday announcement is album pre-order and not just another teaser, only 21 hours to go until the pre-order should be live for our NZ friends, where we will get the track lengths and all will be officially revealed :peace Unless they change it up this time and decide to not make it available in their timezone until our Tuesday too, which would be Wednesday for them...But I dont think they've ever done that. So tomorrow at 5AM PST should be a safe bet :peace
Keep us posted! I think it’s a single drop as well from what I’ve read! Buzzing either way! 😀

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Colour me excited.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

One think I didn’t realize, In “That’s Life” Sinatra sings “ I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet
A pawn and a king”. I wonder if that had any influence on the album name. Just an interesting tidbit regardless.