Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:23 pm Tuesday 9am. Probably not central European time I guess
https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 7603640323

Safe to assume EST (UTC-4)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Tuesday 6AM PST for me which is a nice thing to wake up to for my 6AM alarm :D :lol Which also probably means a Monday 9PM PST iTunes release and NZ will have the song and album preorder up on iTunes by Monday? :eek :dance

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I’m not waking up to listen - last time I did that was Show Me a Leader and 2 hours later I remembered literally nothing about the song.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Hey friends! We love all the excitement around here, and have also had to clean up a few posts.

From the stickied post: "As massive fans of the Alter Bridge, we try to respect the band's wishes about the timing and method by which things are released. So, please be reminded that TABN may not be used to distribute leaks of any kind. Anyone sharing leaks on TABN will be subject to our rules—warnings, temporary bans, or even permanent bans—depending on the nature of the infraction. Thanks in advance for keeping TABN a place to support, promote, and appreciate our favorite band in a manner they would be proud of!"

Please be mindful. We're looking forward to seeing all your artwork and new avatars when the band officially releases their work. Fingers crossed for Tuesday!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Ashlee wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:28 pm Hey friends! We love all the excitement around here, and have also had to clean up a few posts.

From the stickied post: "As massive fans of the Alter Bridge, we try to respect the band's wishes about the timing and method by which things are released. So, please be reminded that TABN may not be used to distribute leaks of any kind. Anyone sharing leaks on TABN will be subject to our rules—warnings, temporary bans, or even permanent bans—depending on the nature of the infraction. Thanks in advance for keeping TABN a place to support, promote, and appreciate our favorite band in a manner they would be proud of!"

Please be mindful. We're looking forward to seeing all your artwork and new avatars when the band officially releases their work. Fingers crossed for Tuesday!
why was my post commenting on a certain leaked image removed? because it was unflattering? there's nothing above that indicates my comment is against the rules. i didn't re-post or link to the image. i just said 'oof.' :lol
Last edited by scarecrow on Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I still luv shea my boi what a sparkle of sunshine

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:31 pm I still luv shea my boi what a sparkle of sunshine
What did I do? :shifty :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

scarecrow wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:40 pm
Ashlee wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:28 pm Hey friends! We love all the excitement around here, and have also had to clean up a few posts.

why was my post commenting on a certain leaked image removed? because it was unflattering? there's nothing above that indicates my comment is against the rules. i didn't re-post or link to the image. i just said 'oof.' :lol
Well, I got my comment removed even though I prefaced it with, "If what [leak site] says is true," since I never take anything at face value until the band announces it themselves. Oh well, I will say what people have quoted in their signatures which something I stated in scenarios like these. "Oh well, deal with it."

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Nothing was deleted due to “wrongness.” Deleting your mentions of a leak discourages people from asking you or PMing you for the leak. We’ve been asked to limit discussion of it so that’s what we’re doing. Tell us how much you like it or don’t like it when it’s released officially. Thanks!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:39 pm
AB23 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:31 pm I still luv shea my boi what a sparkle of sunshine
Exactly my point, adorable.

I'd still participate in our Facebook group chat, but as you've probably noticed, my Facebook account was hacked and now my current profile name is "Coco Xiao." Have fun talking to whoever Coco is.

Relay the message to the other boys. I wish I could participate. Facebook sucks and so do their account recovery services.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AB23 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:29 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:39 pm
Exactly my point, adorable.

I'd still participate in our Facebook group chat, but as you've probably noticed, my Facebook account was hacked and now my current profile name is "Coco Xiao." Have fun talking to whoever Coco is.

Relay the message to the other boys. I wish I could participate. Facebook sucks and so do their account recovery services.
You’re officially out of the group chat. Fuck, Coco.

But for real miss ya in the chat, bud.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Time for Monty to create a 2nd FB account so he can rejoin.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

As I was proving my identity to them, I asked them for Coco Xiao's email. I swear to god they said "we can't give you that for security reasons."

I laughed my ass off. I can't recover my stolen identity FOR SECURITY REASONS.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

What a time to be alive!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:14 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:23 pm Tuesday 9am. Probably not central European time I guess
https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 7603640323

Safe to assume EST (UTC-4)
Tim Tournier said on Facebook that it's Central time, "the only time zone that matters." Cool because that's the time zone I live in. But sadly, when the announcement drops, I will be in no time zone as I will be on the plane from Zurich to Chicago.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:42 pm Does anyone know what that object is on that short video? It just looks like some decorative trim to me. Maybe it's part of a crown, otherwise I can't really fit it into a pawns or kings thing.
In the second teaser it looks like it's a circle of figures. The figures kinda look like Oscars to me. Which could be a dig towards Hollywood. The elite vs. us plebs.

Otherwise those could just be pawns.
Last edited by Timotheus on Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The skull with what seems to be a snake in it is very much something Slash would get a tattoo of.
For all of the hope that it brings...

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Fucking hell boys here we GO
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:25 am The skull with what seems to be a snake in it is very much something Slash would get a tattoo of.
Rock/metal bands seem to have an odd liking for snakes and skulls. Hopefully the music isn’t as boring.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I generally think skulls are too gimmicky, and not really suited for AB. I can tolerate this because the rest looks good, and I can see it fitting with the theme. I'd like it less on the bass drum live for example.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.