The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Miro
Brand New Start

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by Miro »

Happy birthday Alter Bridge. I started listening to them veeeery late, in the beginning of summer 2020, but i became quite a huge fan of them + their side projects. Been to one gig in Nov 2022 in Prague, Czechia. And i saved B-sides and rarities CD from O2 live digipack at the very end and from last week i'm enjoying "new" album with songs i mostly didn't know :) :cheers

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Miro wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:04 pm Happy birthday Alter Bridge. I started listening to them veeeery late, in the beginning of summer 2020, but i became quite a huge fan of them + their side projects. Been to one gig in Nov 2022 in Prague, Czechia. And i saved B-sides and rarities CD from O2 live digipack at the very end and from last week i'm enjoying "new" album with songs i mostly didn't know :) :cheers
Ah man. That b-sides album is really good. I'm jealous of your discovery experience you're getting to have.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I've been a fan since 2008, was 17 back then. Crazy that it's been so long. I'm now 2 years older than Mark was when ODR was released...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Been a fan since fall 2007 myself, right before Blackbird was released. Time flies.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Been an Alter Bridge enthusiast since August 2004.
Weirdly enough, I listened to hours and hours of their music between the 3rd and the 5th of this month, which isn't usually the case.
Happy 20th birthday to the band, and here's to 20 more!

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

20 years...Wow! Would it be okay if I start an AB scrapbook thread with photos from shows, fan art, or our videos from the years?
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Disciple since 2006

Post by gbruin »

Happy 20th. Let's honor the occasion by not doing any Alter Bridge and having a creed reunion instead.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Miro
Brand New Start

Post by Miro »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:57 pm
Miro wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:04 pm Happy birthday Alter Bridge. I started listening to them veeeery late, in the beginning of summer 2020, but i became quite a huge fan of them + their side projects. Been to one gig in Nov 2022 in Prague, Czechia. And i saved B-sides and rarities CD from O2 live digipack at the very end and from last week i'm enjoying "new" album with songs i mostly didn't know :) :cheers
Ah man. That b-sides album is really good. I'm jealous of your discovery experience you're getting to have.
It feels good man :cheers But this was my last discovery before AB will put out some new music :)

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Creed cruise, around the world, all year.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:06 am Happy 20th. Let's honor the occasion by not doing any Alter Bridge and having a creed reunion instead.
Wait til you see what they do for #25!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

20 years is wild. I remember when they turned 10.

I am pretty sure I started listening in '06 when I was about 13.

Ew. I'm 31. Where did that time go?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, well. The band may be on break, but at least, they have released a video of them playing Fortress from the Royal Albert Hall show.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:04 pm All right, well. The band may be on break, but at least, they have released a video of them playing Fortress from the Royal Albert Hall show.

Am I the only one hoping that this is a teaser for another Royal Albert Hall show soon?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I'm still in debt from going to RAH last time haha.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:04 pm All right, well. The band may be on break, but at least, they have released a video of them playing Fortress from the Royal Albert Hall show.

Great performance.
But I do miss the line "fortress is coming down" at the end of the second chorus.
I never really understood why Myles never sings it in performances of this song.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I think the reason he doesn't sing that line is because the pause between "Fortress coming down" to "I know we can't save it all" is basically non-existent for him to transition line to line. It wouldn't be a clean singing transition compared to later in the chorus from "Everything is gone" to "Oh, I have seen it all"

On a side note, Metalingus is not just a wrestling theme song anymore, it's now used by a UFC fighter. Not bad for a song that wasn't used much for radio play at all.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 3042446666

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Rock gods, Demigods, and uh errr well Wrestler

Post by gbruin »

Speaking of Edge, anyone watching the new Percy Jackson series would have noticed a very eerie similarity between him and the god Ares who, sort of, helps Percy and friends on their quest in the episode 2 weeks ago.

Seriously, his character and portrayal were hilarious. Best moment of the series thus far tbh.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

So here's a random Alter Bridge thing. Had the radio on at work one day, and Rhianna's "Umbrella" was on. And I heard this little vocal run that sounded awful familiar...

Skip to the 3 minute mark, and listen to the notes when she sings "I'll be all you need and more, because..." -- is that not the same vocal run that Myles does in Calm the Fire, the end of the opening section when he sings "that this is not their fault"? Did Myles lift this melody from Rhianna?!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Seems plausible enough. The fact that we are talking about this now tells me, this is going to one long year off from any AB activity...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

haha what

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, came back from the Haken show at the House of Blues in Anaheim. Pretty good show, but that's not what I want to talk about here. Saw a bunch of skateboard displays on the walls of the venue that highlights bands that have played in this very venue and I wondered, "Hmmm, is AB somewhere here?" and look what I found. Almost one year ago, I was there. Front and center. Great show. Met Ryan once again during that show.

Last edited by anguyen92 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.