The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
UninvitedZero
Isolated

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by UninvitedZero »

Very cool skate decks! Haken rules btw 🤘

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Open Your Eyes is playing in my head right now, but instead of the original version, it sounds like what the song would have sounded like if Elvis produced it.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:13 pm Open Your Eyes is playing in my head right now, but instead of the original version, it sounds like what the song would have sounded like if Elvis produced it.
This I can't imagine sounding right. I love the production of ODR. By far the best Myles was ever recorded and the sound is so enveloping.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB's Twitter feed posted a Youtube link from a festival in Spain they played last year of a proshot video of Metalingus. I will say this. In the years that is deemed AB's year off (think 2012, 2015, 2018, 2021, now), I always get the feeling, during those years, that the band doesn't really exist or isn't out there to have any plugs. Except maybe 2018, since that was the year to build-up hype for the release of the Royal Albert Hall DVD.

This time around and I don't know how long it will last throughout the year, the Socials have doing some plugs and getting the name out there even though they got nothing big planned to be released and have no shows for 2024. Having some proshot videos released from their channel or the festivals' channel or otherwise. It's something, I guess.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Maybe I did learn something in those marketing classes?

Post by zazthespaz »

Maybe Creed's (2nd re-)union is being viewed as a more feasible marketing point now that AB has a few more years & albums under their belt and that's why they're promoting on the socials more? When Creed reunited in 2010, AB only had 2 albums out and wasn't as well established in the rock community. Now that Creed is back in the news & AB has 7 studio albums (plus all the side bands), it's a great opportunity to seize upon some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Alter Bridge and stay relevant in the conversation when Creed comes up now that AB has a little more history behind them.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

What is it always with Mark's guitar sound? There is literally no pro shot of Metalingus on this planet where his guitar sounds bearable.

On a side note, I like how Flip has more screentime than Mark in that video.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

No, I don't think you did.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:01 am Maybe Creed's (2nd re-)union is being viewed as a more feasible marketing point now that AB has a few more years & albums under their belt and that's why they're promoting on the socials more? When Creed reunited in 2010, AB only had 2 albums out and wasn't as well established in the rock community. Now that Creed is back in the news & AB has 7 studio albums (plus all the side bands), it's a great opportunity to seize upon some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Alter Bridge and stay relevant in the conversation when Creed comes up now that AB has a little more history behind them.
It guess it's perspective, because I see it the opposite way. With the tidal wave of Creed pub and appearances at mega events like the World Series, Super Bowl ads, and Daytona over the last 6 months or so, it has been really disappointing (but not at all surprising) to me that there has been basically zero cross-promotion for Alter Bridge. And when something does come out to suggest they are only mostly dead, it's just a year old lesser known festival video with, as Mr Slash understandably points out, a grating guitar tone and Myles butchering the lyrics from one of their signature live songs.

Angy says, it's something. I say, that's it?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: No, I don't think you did.

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:20 pm And when something does come out to suggest they are only mostly dead, it's just a year old lesser known festival video with, as Mr Slash understandably points out, a grating guitar tone and Myles butchering the lyrics from one of their signature live songs.

There will be a video of Blackbird from that same festival coming out in just over an hour and a half. So to answer your question, no, that's not it.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: No, I don't think I did either.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:20 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:01 am Maybe Creed's (2nd re-)union is being viewed as a more feasible marketing point now that AB has a few more years & albums under their belt and that's why they're promoting on the socials more? When Creed reunited in 2010, AB only had 2 albums out and wasn't as well established in the rock community. Now that Creed is back in the news & AB has 7 studio albums (plus all the side bands), it's a great opportunity to seize upon some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Alter Bridge and stay relevant in the conversation when Creed comes up now that AB has a little more history behind them.
It guess it's perspective, because I see it the opposite way. With the tidal wave of Creed pub and appearances at mega events like the World Series, Super Bowl ads, and Daytona over the last 6 months or so, it has been really disappointing (but not at all surprising) to me that there has been basically zero cross-promotion for Alter Bridge. And when something does come out to suggest they are only mostly dead, it's just a year old lesser known festival video with, as Mr Slash understandably points out, a grating guitar tone and Myles butchering the lyrics from one of their signature live songs.

That's fair. I hadn't watched the video and was projecting a possible plan more than what they were doing I guess. They really need to be using Creed's name and it's member's names in their posts to leverage the Creed reunion for a larger presence on the web.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Wait, see? You did after all.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:47 pm That's fair. I hadn't watched the video and was projecting a possible plan more than what they were doing I guess. They really need to be using Creed's name and it's member's names in their posts to leverage the Creed reunion for a larger presence on the web.
Totally agree with that. :rockon
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I just watched the video. Wow. I mean that in both a good way and a bad way.

Like others have said, Mark's guitar tone sucked for most of the song. I think that not using the wah for the main riff and in other parts of the song would make the guitar sound clearer. Myles's vocal delivery was also pretty lazy.

On the bright side, the crowd seemed to be having a good time, and so did the band, as shown by the middle break that went on forever, where Myles did the crowd splitting and the Rock & Roll Sprinkler.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:20 pm Angy says, it's something. I say, that's it?
I mean it's the year off. Like as much as I want them to do some 20-year anniversary shows or release an EP of whatever or something more substantial, the expectations of them doing stuff this year, under Alter Bridge, is going to be low. I don't even want them to cross-promo with Creed since it seems like it's riding off the Creed's huge brand's coattails and you get people thinking that this band cannot stand on its own two feet.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:57 pm I mean it's the year off. Like as much as I want them to do some 20-year anniversary shows or release an EP of whatever or something more substantial, the expectations of them doing stuff this year, under Alter Bridge, is going to be low.
Tim Tournier did say that they were going to do something with the Mark-sung One Day Remains demos soon. I wonder if that is still going to happen.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Mr. Slash wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:31 pm What is it always with Mark's guitar sound? There is literally no pro shot of Metalingus on this planet where his guitar sounds bearable.

Even though Myles does not play guitar in this song, he's always mixed louder and panned left. Mark is (for whatever reason) always quieter and panned right. The sound guy for the festival picks the mix up from the soundcheck and uses the same preset for the whole show. If Myles had played guitar in this, it would've sounded fuller.

But yeah, the wah-wah turned on the entire time does not help either.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Dolo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:50 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:31 pm What is it always with Mark's guitar sound? There is literally no pro shot of Metalingus on this planet where his guitar sounds bearable.

Even though Myles does not play guitar in this song, he's always mixed louder and panned left. Mark is (for whatever reason) always quieter and panned right. The sound guy for the festival picks the mix up from the soundcheck and uses the same preset for the whole show. If Myles had played guitar in this, it would've sounded fuller.

They've uploaded Blackbird. See, sounds better with Myles playing along.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dolo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Mark has waaaay too much bass in his tone for a large live metal show. It might sound good on stage or in monitors but by the time it gets out to the crowd it's just a woofly, muddy mess.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:29 am Mark has waaaay too much bass in his tone for a large live metal show. It might sound good on stage or in monitors but by the time it gets out to the crowd it's just a woofly, muddy mess.
That's also true, I've been running into a similar issue with my own guitar sound - sounds epic with my headphones on but incredibly fizzy through a cab.

I'm just surprised that Mark does not recognize this being a musician with 25+ years of experience.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:21 pm I just watched the video. Wow. I mean that in both a good way and a bad way.

Like others have said, Mark's guitar tone sucked for most of the song. I think that not using the wah for the main riff and in other parts of the song would make the guitar sound clearer. Myles's vocal delivery was also pretty lazy.

On the bright side, the crowd seemed to be having a good time, and so did the band, as shown by the middle break that went on forever, where Myles did the crowd splitting and the Rock & Roll Sprinkler.
I thought almost the same exact thing watching the video, Max. When I posted my comment on the YouTube video I was trying to be nice regarding Myles' lyrical mistake at the beginning and Mark's guitar sound. I too noticed that the crowd was very engaged and the video quality was excellent. I think this goes back to my comment from a year ago after seeing AB in concert - their live energy level has dropped significantly with each album. They are much more relaxed now and I think that will hopefully contribute to their future production/projects. I just don't expect them to blow me away like they did 17 years ago when I first saw them live. I have to rely on younger bands like Sleep Token, Spiritbox, and Nothing More to deliver in that department.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

So I've been listening to a lot of the Smith & Myers side project from Shinedown (Brent and Zach, respectively), and it's fantastic. And I know the AB guys have so many different projects cycling through all at once as it is, but man, I'd love to see Myles and Mark do something like this. They sound so good when they do radio shows and play little sit-down 2-man acoustic versions of AB songs. Imagine them doing full EPs of stuff like that? The S&M stuff (ha, just got that) is mostly covers, which I think M&M would knock out of the park. I feel like Myles just shines so much brighter when he's slowed down doing stuff like that.

I've also been wishing AB as a whole would do some covers EPs anyway, Halestorm-style, but they never have time for that either. It feels like they jump from one project to the next so fast (the AB cycle just got done and Tremonti is in the studio while Myles is on tour with Slash) that they never just get downtime to do fun little side things like this. It's such a well-oiled machine at this point that there's never really a chance for anything else to happen.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Crowd reactions in the spur of the moment like these begs the question..... WHY HAVEN'T THEY PLAY METALINGUS LIVE IN A STADIUM SETTING TO PLAY EDGE OUT! I know he wanted to do something unique for his entrance in his match against Finn Balor at last year's Wrestlemania, but damn, other than 2020 (thanks pandemic), last year was the best chance to finally make this happen.

I hope at some point, AEW does a very major high-end show and host it at the building formerly known as the SkyDome in Toronto and maybe, that would be the best chance for AB to finally play Metalingus live for Adam Copeland's entrance?

https://www.loudersound.com/news/adam-c ... ter-bridge