The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:53 pm Oddly enough, Blackbird should have qualified under these perimeters, but Loudwire opted not to include it.
I'm pretty sure Blackbird charted on Billboard Mainstream Rock 100.

EDIT: It did not, but it was released as a promotional single from its parent album. Metalingus was also released as a promotional single from One Day Remains.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alter_B ... iscography
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Island of Fools is probably from people trying to wrap their head around that insane solo.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I'm actually surprised that Gotten by Slash and Adam Levine was not released as a single back then. They even released a music video for that song which has like 10 million views.

I remember that a couple of years ago I checked for the AB streaming numbers on Spotify. I was really surprised that Island of Fools was ranked that high back then. Maybe it was added to a super popular Spotify playlist or something like that.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So with the impending announcement that's going to happen where once this announcement happens, it would probably lead to AB being on borrowed time from now until maybe post-August for the foreseeable future. My question is what is there something to be excited about in regards to AB from after August 2023 until whenever they are ready to record another album, if it happens, in early 2025? The one thing I would not want this band to have is an instance of 2015, where there was just silence. Just nothing. Nothing to get hyped about, just a waiting game until maybe something happens to get excited about months down the line.

What would there be something, AB-related, to be excited about for the fans that may not follow the upcoming Creed announcement or whatever upcoming Slash tour, and just tune out of whatever everyone does, non-AB related, after the August tour?

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:55 am So with the impending announcement that's going to happen where once this announcement happens, it would probably lead to AB being on borrowed time from now until maybe post-August for the foreseeable future. My question is what is there something to be excited about in regards to AB from after August 2023 until whenever they are ready to record another album, if it happens, in early 2025? The one thing I would not want this band to have is an instance of 2015, where there was just silence. Just nothing. Nothing to get hyped about, just a waiting game until maybe something happens to get excited about months down the line.

What would there be something, AB-related, to be excited about for the fans that may not follow the upcoming Creed announcement or whatever upcoming Slash tour, and just tune out of whatever everyone does, non-AB related, after the August tour?

At around 4:25 here, Mark does mention his hope to do a One Day Remains anniversary run, even though it would be during an AB off year.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, Creed cruise is in April 2024. AB has the Fall to do something. Right?

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Welp... Crushed. No wonder Mark looks like he'd rather be anyplace else than in the new band pic. :lol :facepalm

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

There always has to be that one picture where someone is staring in a different direction and one where Brian stares into our souls.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Ew I just got an email about the cruise, lousy AB mailing list betraying me like that.
anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:09 am All right, Creed cruise is in April 2024. AB has the Fall to do something. Right?
The something being to stop being too scared to play Fable live.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep, got that email as well. So I guess Creed is part of the Janus Music Management group like everyone else?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yeah says at the bottom. Typos on the dates as well, tsk.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

The End Is Here?

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:28 am Ew I just got an email about the cruise, lousy AB mailing list betraying me like that.
anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:09 am All right, Creed cruise is in April 2024. AB has the Fall to do something. Right?
The something being to stop being too scared to play Fable live.
I'm fully expecting a late spring/summer amphitheater tour after the cruise, +/- the European summer festivals, too, meaning that eliminates any AB stuff in the fall.

lol at them announcing the reunion and the cruise dates and the immediate presale all at once.

Frankly, I'm really bummed by this. I've sensed a growing lack of enthusiasm for Alter Bridge from their own camp for a few years now (with fear of playing certain songs being a manifestation of that, Ubik). I get the guys have their own interests, and they've been doing AB for almost 20 years so it's understandable that their enthusiasm for it may fade, to say nothing of the different financial components involved. But I'm legit worried about the future. :(
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I meant Fall of this year before everyone goes off doing other things in 2024.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: The End Is Here?

Post by Ubik »

gbruin wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:59 pm
I'm fully expecting a late spring/summer amphitheater tour after the cruise, +/- the European summer festivals, too, meaning that eliminates any AB stuff in the fall.

lol at them announcing the reunion and the cruise dates and the immediate presale all at once.

Frankly, I'm really bummed by this. I've sensed a growing lack of enthusiasm for Alter Bridge from their own camp for a few years now (with fear of playing certain songs being a manifestation of that, Ubik). I get the guys have their own interests, and they've been doing AB for almost 20 years so it's understandable that their enthusiasm for it may fade, to say nothing of the different financial components involved. But I'm legit worried about the future. :(
In fairness their setlists have been deeply unadventurous for many cycles now, though it does seem to have got even worse lately. A little crazy to me that Walk the Sky has basically been thrown to the kerb already when its own tour got shafted - two songs played this tour, one of those only a single time.

My feeling is that AB is basically like home to them now - it's comfortable and welcoming, they'll always want to come back to it. But with that I guess you also risk losing an edge of adventurousness that you then have to seek elsewhere. '24 would usually be the side project year, so I guess a lengthier Creed spell would impact the next Tremonti record which would be a bummer.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:36 pm My feeling is that AB is basically like home to them now - it's comfortable and welcoming, they'll always want to come back to it. But with that I guess you also risk losing an edge of adventurousness that you then have to seek elsewhere. '24 would usually be the side project year, so I guess a lengthier Creed spell would impact the next Tremonti record which would be a bummer.
I think if the guys wanted adventurousness they'd try a different producer now and then :D

maximzub
On The Rail

Acknowledging the birthday of one of the best songs ever.

Post by maximzub »

Happy 1 year anniversary to the release of the song Pawns & Kings.

Man, I remember when some of the Walk The Sky songs were less than a year old. Where did the time go?

Of course, there's always gonna be somebody that says "I remember when One Day Remains wasn't even a year old. Where did the time go?"
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Acknowledging the birthday of one of the best songs ever.

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:49 pm Happy 1 year anniversary to the release of the song Pawns & Kings.

Man, I remember when some of the Walk The Sky songs were less than a year old. Where did the time go?

Of course, there's always gonna be somebody that says "I remember when One Day Remains wasn't even a year old. Where did the time go?"
I remember when One Day Remains wasn't even a year old. Where did the time go?

:cheers

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Acknowledging the birthday of one of the best songs ever.

Post by Crumbso »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:38 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:49 pm Happy 1 year anniversary to the release of the song Pawns & Kings.

I remember when One Day Remains wasn't even a year old. Where did the time go?

:cheers
You're not kidding.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:53 pm
Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:36 pm My feeling is that AB is basically like home to them now - it's comfortable and welcoming, they'll always want to come back to it. But with that I guess you also risk losing an edge of adventurousness that you then have to seek elsewhere. '24 would usually be the side project year, so I guess a lengthier Creed spell would impact the next Tremonti record which would be a bummer.
I think if the guys wanted adventurousness they'd try a different producer now and then :D
Get ready for an Elvis-produced Creed album :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh s***, Mark's twitter account got hacked and now I see nothing but Crypto plugs.....