Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: /sarcasm

Post by Dan Dando »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:52 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:59 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:47 pm the fact that the band was “angry” when writing this album
This never fails to make me chuckle. If the band wrote together with a theme emerging as a result, then I could understand “Alter Bridge is angry again” (Tim’s words). But we all know how Mark and Myles operate creatively. They don’t write together before they convene. I doubt Flip and Brian turned up angry, they just added their parts to the best of whatever was brought before them. The theme of any record these guys make together is complete happenstance.
I have it on good authority that they made each band member angry before recording. Apparently all it took for Flip to get mad was Elvis holding a finger in front of him and saying “I’m not touching you,” for 20 seconds and he got enraged.
:lol :peace

AB23
Still Remains

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by AB23 »

bruh

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

For any who haven't seen this - as I hadn't, brief descriptions of most songs:-

https://napalmrecords.com/english/alter ... vinyl.html

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Already any versions known with bonus tracks ?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Tim has mentioned on Facebook that there won't be any. 10 songs is what we get.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

So they decided once again to pass on the opportunity to record On My Way Now. Great.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I think you guys should get over this song already.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Yesterday my parents were watching Peaky Blinders, and there was a song whose melody sounded a lot like the end of Pawns & Kings ("Pawns and kings, let sovereign wings give strength where there is none").
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Why deny us?

Post by gbruin »

nagpo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:21 am So they decided once again to pass on the opportunity to record On My Way Now. Great.
This is how they made each other angry.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

nagpo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:21 am So they decided once again to pass on the opportunity to record On My Way Now. Great.
Why would they record it at this point? How many years has it been? It wouldn't be representative of their current sound at all.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

VigilantSteve wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:24 am
Why would they record it at this point? How many years has it been? It wouldn't be representative of their current sound at all.
Yeah. OMWN would only really work with the ODR sound, and that is long gone.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

yeah they shouldn't have released breathe either :rolleyes

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Breathe was already recorded, though. The delay there was the rights to the recordings, if memory serves.
For all of the hope that it brings...

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

you missed the point entirely but whatever

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

nagpo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:43 pm
yeah they shouldn't have released breathe either :rolleyes
Breathe was released with a compilation of B Sides and other unreleased songs that were already recorded though. They didn't take the time to go into the studio and record those songs 18 years later.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

To be fair, they literally JUST dropped songs from that era within the last 5-6 years. If they have a recording of it (which it sounds like they don't), why wouldn't they release it for the fans at this point? Put it in a deluxe edition or something and drop it. Make money off of your work.

Not all fans dig the direction the band's gone. Many people consider ODR or BB they're favorite albums. It doesn't hurt anyone to drop it.

But I mean, if they haven't even recorded the song at all in any form, then it's prob not worth the trouble. Maybe they think the song's a piece of shit.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

i can't tell if this post is serious or not

if it's not, it's funny, well done

if it is, this band and these musicians - they owe you nothing, despite what you might think

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

scarecrow wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:12 pm

if it is, this band and these musicians - they owe you nothing, despite what you might think
your post means nothing. it addressed nothing. i can criticize without being owed anything. like i did your post.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

AB23 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:00 pm To be fair, they literally JUST dropped songs from that era within the last 5-6 years. If they have a recording of it (which it sounds like they don't), why wouldn't they release it for the fans at this point? Put it in a deluxe edition or something and drop it. Make money off of your work.

Not all fans dig the direction the band's gone. Many people consider ODR or BB they're favorite albums. It doesn't hurt anyone to drop it.

But I mean, if they haven't even recorded the song at all in any form, then it's prob not worth the trouble. Maybe they think the song's a piece of shit.
But why does it matter is it's recorded or not? It's already written. And they also released another song from an older era, Outright, on a recent record that didn't have the same "sound" as the band was producing at the current time. They can do what they did with outright and record it.

I see a lot of people here being way defensive over a minor criticism. I really liked the sound of AB and wish they would release the final song of that era of the band. But maybe you're right, maybe they hate the song. I remember a lot of people here though wishing they would record and release it a bit ago. I wonder what changed.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

nagpo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:22 pm
scarecrow wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:12 pm

your post means nothing. it addressed nothing. i can criticize without being owed anything. like i did your post.
they are under ZERO obligation to record now in 2022 - or ever - a song that was part of their early ouvré in 2004

i guess you're entitled to remain salty about it but it's weird