Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge - VII

Post by peapod0609 »

Ubik wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:25 am
Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:53 am Pawns & Kings would be a great album title imo. Even though the name implies that the lyrics would be quite... political?
Or - chess concept album.

Is this how we found out the Walk the Sky title as well? Rings a bell.
Possibly. The last couple of albums had headlining tours named after the album around album release.

The Last Hero Tour:

https://eddietrunk.com/alter-bridge-ann ... our-dates/

Walk The Sky Tour:
https://loudwire.com/alter-bridge-walk- ... pean-tour/

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Red_D wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:44 am
Crumbso wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:53 am
Timotheus wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:25 am
TTournier wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pmAnyway, you'll shit when you see what's coming. Its pretty cool, AB is angry again.
Can't wait to shit my pants!
DarkKnight12 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:46 pm Also guys Holy Shit the AB website has been updated. The Pawns & Kings tour, will that be the name of the record? :eek
That line up is insane btw! Also I see a Switzerland date ! :headbang
Pawns & Kings would be a pretty cool title! It's going to give me a headache to see everybody abbreviate that differently though... P&K, PAK, PaK, P+K, PK, ...

Kidding aside (it should obviously be P&K :shifty), if that's really the title, that gives some insight in the content of the album lyrically.
I can't help but keep reading it as Prawns & Kings :facepalm :lol
Glad i’m not the only one, when i first saw the tour poster i thought it was Prawns & Kings as well :facepalm

So anyone for Cod of Achilles, The Last Herring or Words Darker Than Their Fins?

Sorry i’ll see myself out 😂
Shed my Scales?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I think last time out it got leaked via a magazine ad rather than an official announcement, so this has been an improvement :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Very excited now. Presumably the first single will hit sometime in June?
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

You know what would be a fantastic thing to put on special editions? The pre-production demos. Soundgarden included pre-pro rehearsal recordings on their Superunknown anniversary edition releases and they were awesome to listen to a more rough-and-ready take on things.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Crumbso wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:07 am You know what would be a fantastic thing to put on special editions? The pre-production demos. Soundgarden included pre-pro rehearsal recordings on their Superunknown anniversary edition releases and they were awesome to listen to a more rough-and-ready take on things.
Myles has been doing this on his solo stuff as well (on editions I can never get hold of).
For all of the hope that it brings...

Red_D
Brand New Start

Post by Red_D »

Crumbso wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:07 am You know what would be a fantastic thing to put on special editions? The pre-production demos. Soundgarden included pre-pro rehearsal recordings on their Superunknown anniversary edition releases and they were awesome to listen to a more rough-and-ready take on things.
Hopefully we get the two tracks that were cut as b sides as well :rockon

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

When do you think they'll officially announce the album?
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:03 pm When do you think they'll officially announce the album?
Sometime in May me reckons.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Holy shit then comes the album cover (my favorite pre-release moment) and the tracklist, exciting times indeed.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Is On My Way Now finally going to get recorded and released?

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Blackbirddd wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:12 pm Holy shit then comes the album cover (my favorite pre-release moment) and the tracklist, exciting times indeed.
Same!

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Red_D wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:58 pm
Hopefully we get the two tracks that were cut as b sides as well :rockon
Be aware that Tremonti put his two most recent bonus tracks on vinyl only. One of them on the Best Buy green edition. The other on black/white marble, orange and clear editions. I bought all four editions.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Yes, also got all versions. Still hoping though for a CD-version of MIT with the 2 extra tracks....................

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

nagpo wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:32 pm Is On My Way Now finally going to get recorded and released?
I was thinking that yesterday and listened to the live video on my way home from work. Such a great song. My guess is that will forever be their lost gem, but you never know.

As for ABVII I'm good with the title if it's Pawns & Kings... or is it Kings & Pawns. I'll probably mix that up for a while. But pawns first makes sense I guess because it puts more emphasis on that word, like someone rising up to defeat what's holding them down. I hope it's a more introspective take like that and farther from the literal meaning since I know some didn't care for their venture into politics (personally I still thought TLH had plenty of great moments). Either way I'm excited. Let the speculation begin!
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Pawns & Kings might lean on the same topic as the upcoming Muse's record "Will of The People"

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

DarkKnight12 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:42 pm Pawns & Kings might lean on the same topic as the upcoming Muse's record "Will of The People"
Even though AB would approach such topics with a lot more subtlety... God I hope they don't go down that road :lol

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

riemslag1 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:04 pm Yes, also got all versions. Still hoping though for a CD-version of MIT with the 2 extra tracks....................
Doubtful it will ever happen. None of his albums have been reissued on CD.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:09 am
DarkKnight12 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:42 pm Pawns & Kings might lean on the same topic as the upcoming Muse's record "Will of The People"
Even though AB would approach such topics with a lot more subtlety... God I hope they don't go down that road :lol
If you haven't already, look at the track listing for Will of the People. They couldn't get less subtle than that if they tried :lol.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

WaywardOne wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:30 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:09 am
If you haven't already, look at the track listing for Will of the People. They couldn't get less subtle than that if they tried :lol.
Had a look and it's about what I expected :facepalm :lol