Summer of 99 Tour

A place for all Creed discussion.
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Summer of 99 Tour

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:26 am How about a 2nd cruise? Instead of 3 Doors Down, Daughtry will fill the spot instead. Can't they just go ahead and do the simple thing and book the amphitheater tour with either 3 Doors Down or Daughtry?

https://loudwire.com/creed-second-summer-of-99-cruise/
Unless they are going to restrict themselves to only stuff from the first two albums, I think Daughtry is a little out of place genre-wise on this lineup.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

Me and ton of other people are itching to give these guys some money to play some music on dry land but they refuse to give in lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:55 am
anguyen92 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:26 am How about a 2nd cruise? Instead of 3 Doors Down, Daughtry will fill the spot instead. Can't they just go ahead and do the simple thing and book the amphitheater tour with either 3 Doors Down or Daughtry?

Unless they are going to restrict themselves to only stuff from the first two albums, I think Daughtry is a little out of place genre-wise on this lineup.
Not really. I would think differently if this was a Daughtry and AB tour, but Creed and Daughtry is a solid billing for what they want to present. Plus, Tremonti toured with Daughtry last year and that was an even more out of place lineup.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:23 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:55 am

Not really. I would think differently if this was a Daughtry and AB tour, but Creed and Daughtry is a solid billing for what they want to present. Plus, Tremonti toured with Daughtry last year and that was an even more out of place lineup.
I would think that Dearly Beloved-era Daughtry is more similar to Alter Bridge and Tremonti than it is to Creed.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Post by tgriffith1992 »

One cruise I can understand. Two is just insulting to the fans. Again, you're pricing out the vast majority of your fanbase doing what is looking increasingly like a cash grab.

The "you asked, we answered" tag followedb by the announcement is a second cruise is so tone-deaf. No one was asking for a second cruise, and I would be the second cruise has been planned this whole time, they just waited to announce it after the first one sold out.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:15 pm I would think that Dearly Beloved-era Daughtry is more similar to Alter Bridge and Tremonti than it is to Creed.
I mean, by that logic, 3 Doors Down is a bit out of place with Creed since when has 3 Doors Down have released any recent stuff that's of intrigued?

As stated before, I do think Creed is going to be in amphitheaters in the Summer of next year and I wouldn't be surprised if Daughtry or 3 Doors Down is going to be the band to play before them. I think there's an audience for that. This year's amphitheater tours had bands like Matchbox 20 with Matt Nathanson and Goo Goo Dolls with O.A.R. (in which I'm going to see that bill today). I saw 3 Doors Down with Candlebox. That late 90s/early 00s alt rock/post-grunge vibes. No reason why Creed can't do that in today's age.

I think we are at the time where Creed can fill a certain need to get those amphitheaters numbers and if everyone is feeling good, morale is good, no one needs to feel resentful of anything, it's going to work out. Just let it cook. Let things play itself out.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Management saw the first cruise selling out in two days, with people complaining they even did get a chance in line to buy it. Why not get a second cruise right after? I hope they have fun with that and I am really happy to see the Creed logo in something real, but I hope they're working on something new, a US tour(and World Tour) and new music. The time's right for that.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

EcstaticFanatic
Brand New Start

Post by EcstaticFanatic »

George wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:05 pm Management saw the first cruise selling out in two days, with people complaining they even did get a chance in line to buy it. Why not get a second cruise right after? I hope they have fun with that and I am really happy to see the Creed logo in something real, but I hope they're working on something new, a US tour(and World Tour) and new music. The time's right for that.
This post says it best. If the cruise heads struggle to sell, there is no way they be doing it. But the demand was clearly there and it’s pretty hard to pass up sure thing money.

I feel like we are so, so close to having access to creed shows again. I don’t want to pay cruise ship money to see them, but I’m willing to dip into my kids college funds if need be to see them on actual dryland

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I think the only thing that disappointed me about the cruise is the missed opportunity for a lineup more similar to the Creed days. Don't get me wrong, all of them are late 90s early 2000s bands but it would have been cool to have one off reunions of The Tea Party, Another Animal, Blisskrieg (OG Tantric), Virgos and The Mayfield Four. Just a bunch of bands Creed has been a part of in someway touring wise. Especially if it was years in planning.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Devil Inside You wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:45 pm I think the only thing that disappointed me about the cruise is the missed opportunity for a lineup more similar to the Creed days. Don't get me wrong, all of them are late 90s early 2000s bands but it would have been cool to have one off reunions of The Tea Party, Another Animal, Blisskrieg (OG Tantric), Virgos and The Mayfield Four. Just a bunch of bands Creed has been a part of in someway touring wise. Especially if it was years in planning.
To your point, 3DD did open for Creed back in 2000 when I saw them in Pittsburgh and Cleveland - I think it was 3DD and Sevendust if I remember right. I was never really much of a fan of either of those bands though.

Sad I never got to see Mayfield Four open for Creed, that would have been cool.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

imo this second cruise was planned all along. with the schedules these guys have you can't just spawn that second tour so quickly based off the sales of the first one. it's a FOMO sales tactic. This creed tour is just a grift and it means nothing to me because all I care about is new music - not some nearly middle aged guys getting together and playing their greatest hits on a boat, trying to relive their glory days for mad cash before the nostalgia factor of the 90's fades away. Give me new music or gtfo because your using your fans

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Touring is always, for a lack of a better word, a grift and that goes for most bands. Like look at all of bands I mentioned in the previous post. What compelling new stuff have they released nowadays that matches well to their classics of the late 90s/early 00s? Can people just be appreciated that this band wants to do something after a lot of internal conflicts that would have put this band to rest once and for all?

Like I'm happy for the band that they are coming back (at the expense of my favorite band not doing stuff) after everything that has happened. I'm not really happy for the people that always wants to denigrate what the other guys have done prior to this and the moment Creed decides to come back and only wants to do a cruise for now, it's still not enough for them. It's like they want the band to put an end to AB and Stapp solo and do new music. I even think if they do release new music, it still wouldn't be enough for them.

On the other hand, I do want to see Creed do something similar to what Porcupine Tree has done when they had a brief reunion last year (and if you look at Steven Wilson's prior interviews regarding why he didn't want Porcupine Tree to reunite, it's close to what Mark had said prior to reuniting Creed. It's just Steven Wilson was more oblige and more dismissive of the reunion in prior times). They were able to release good new music based on the ideas they had in between the hiatus and did a short tour and people were happy and they went off going back to doing other things with the door always opened for Porcupine Tree.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I doubt anyone wants AB to end for Creed.
But AB needs a hiatus more than ever: they seem burnt out creatively, and Tremonti is not the biggest band in the world, so I don't understand what's stopping Mark from giving Creed 18 to 24 months. It would allow him to write/record a great album and tour it extensively, and then, he could resume his 3 year AB/Tremonti cycles.

I have zero interest in hearing a rushed album like Full Circle, with ideas that were not good enough for AB or Tremonti. And those 2011 demos could also go to the thrash bin for all I care.
But a new album written from scratch by Stapp and Tremonti in a room, after they've had time to reconnect as musicians and people (dare I say friends)? THAT, I wanna hear.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

chtimixeur wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:42 am I doubt anyone wants AB to end for Creed.
But AB needs a hiatus more than ever: they seem burnt out creatively, and Tremonti is not the biggest band in the world, so I don't understand what's stopping Mark from giving Creed 18 to 24 months. It would allow him to write/record a great album and tour it extensively, and then, he could resume his 3 year AB/Tremonti cycles.

I have zero interest in hearing a rushed album like Full Circle, with ideas that were not good enough for AB or Tremonti. And those 2011 demos could also go to the thrash bin for all I care.
But a new album written from scratch by Stapp and Tremonti in a room, after they've had time to reconnect as musicians and people (dare I say friends)? THAT, I wanna hear.
I feel like Alter Bridge takes enough time off to be honest. 3 years between albums is a long time. I think Pawns and Kings is their best since Blackbird, I even like it more than Fortress. Tremonti project is the one that's burned out imo. Those 5 albums really feel interchangeable. There's good music on all of them but its very samey to me for some reason. I'm glad Mark has his swing outlet now.

As for Creed, Mark seemed to understand that Full Circle was the odd one out around 2012. He even compared one of their new songs to a hybrid between My Own Prison and Faceless Man. I think he's been ready to give Creed the love it deserves, back then and currently. Its just in Stapp's hands to not burn it down again.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Vaux wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:23 am
Devil Inside You wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:45 pm I think the only thing that disappointed me about the cruise is the missed opportunity for a lineup more similar to the Creed days. Don't get me wrong, all of them are late 90s early 2000s bands but it would have been cool to have one off reunions of The Tea Party, Another Animal, Blisskrieg (OG Tantric), Virgos and The Mayfield Four. Just a bunch of bands Creed has been a part of in someway touring wise. Especially if it was years in planning.
To your point, 3DD did open for Creed back in 2000 when I saw them in Pittsburgh and Cleveland - I think it was 3DD and Sevendust if I remember right. I was never really much of a fan of either of those bands though.

Sad I never got to see Mayfield Four open for Creed, that would have been cool.
That first 3 Doors Down album is amazing and everything after that is duller than grass growing. Same with Puddle of Mudd. Those two bands came swinging with amazing debut records and just never hit a home run again for me lol

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

You guys really hijacked this thread.

Wolfie told me he has managed to get his hands on an advanced copy of the new Creed album.

PM him for more info.

:headbang
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Macca wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:34 pm You guys really hijacked this thread.

Wolfie told me he has managed to get his hands on an advanced copy of the new Creed album.

PM him for more info.

Is this some type of inside joke, or?

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Vaux wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:22 am
Macca wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:34 pm You guys really hijacked this thread.

PM him for more info.

Is this some type of inside joke, or?
mark confirmed in a recent interview that there is no new creed music but it could happen down the road :/

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Almost makes me not want to go to the concert i spent $300 on

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I mean if you are not going to go to a show on principle because the band hasn’t officially announced new music yet and just want to focus on their first tour in 12 years, where most likely they are going to play the hits to showcase themselves, I don’t know what to tell you. This is why I keep saying to quell expectations.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.