Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by tgriffith1992 »

From Tim Tournier on FB:

"Fast Facts based on the amount of tags I have received.

*Creed is reuniting

*What’s that mean, it means that when time allows for all parties we will do stuff together. This has been in the works for 4 years.
*AB, Tremonti, SMKC, MK Solo, Stapp solo will all continue. Everyone fully supports each other.

*Peoples pasts are their pasts, we all met and have been communicating for years now. All water under the bridge. So no worries there.

*A Cruise is a great comeback, $995 is the cheapest ticket for a massive lineup and multiple night all inclusive vacation. That’s cheap if you have ever taken a vacation… but it’s not for everyone and that’s ok! We are cruise fans!

*Maybe we have more up our sleeve’s - maybe we don’t. Time will tell but Creed is back!

*17 year old Tim is pumped. 38 year old Tim is pumped.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

All in all, it's good news.
I just hope it leads to bigger and better things. Fingers crossed!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

tgriffith1992 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:25 pm From Tim Tournier on FB:

*Creed is reuniting

*What’s that mean, it means that when time allows for all parties we will do stuff together.
This is insulting bilge from Tim. Even those of us who are excited to get more Creed know that it has nothing to do with time/schedules etc. It has more to do with when the money is too good to turn down. This cruise promotion being the perfect example.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:39 pm
tgriffith1992 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:25 pm From Tim Tournier on FB:

*Creed is reuniting

*What’s that mean, it means that when time allows for all parties we will do stuff together.
This is insulting bilge from Tim. Even those of us who are excited to get more Creed know that it has nothing to do with time/schedules etc. It has more to do with when the money is too good to turn down. This cruise promotion being the perfect example.

Yep. There’s time for Sinatra cover bands and pinball tracks.

Money talks I guess
Last edited by austin. on Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

You think so? Haha Marching in Time came out less than 2 years ago, Sinatra was a little over a year ago and it hasn't been a year since Pawns and Kings. There's been nothing but good news in the AB camp

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Im honestly kinda disappointed. But at least we get something. I’m just hoping to get some good quality video/audio quality shared online.

The link below says they are doing two sets. I’d be curious if they do the deeper cuts or just play greatest hits twice.
https://consequence.net/2023/07/creed-r ... ruise/amp/

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Shortman45 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:53 pm Im honestly kinda disappointed. But at least we get something. I’m just hoping to get some good quality video/audio quality shared online.

The link below says they are doing two sets. I’d be curious if they do the deeper cuts or just play greatest hits twice.
https://consequence.net/2023/07/creed-r ... ruise/amp/
It's a party boat.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I remember that Mark said it takes a lot of preparation to get a band that hasn't been together for a decade back to full strength, and he wouldn't want to do that just for a one-off show. Something else is coming....
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Well, I think everyone is disappointed in this. Just to varying degrees.

Even if you were like me expecting a small tour and a song, then you're only a little disappointed.
Some expected a world tour and a record. They're devastated.

To me this comes off as them doing it for the cash again like in 09. And maybe mark testing waters to see if stapp is workable for an actual record.

Does anyone here actually want to go to this? This is just a thing to appeal to the old fans. Nostalgia. This wont garner new fans.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I would go to this cruise if I was working on a more flexible work schedule, but $1000.00 minimum for this sort of thing requires me to have that sweet FU money which I don't have yet.

As for Tim's comments, it's the sort of reassurance that I was hoping someone from the bands' circle would address and if everyone is cool with everyone, that's great. Maybe they can arrange that throw in the kitchen sink tour one of these days where every band is in one bill.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

nagpo wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:54 pm Well, I think everyone is disappointed in this. Just to varying degrees.
It's baffling. I mean, I assume that people from all over the world watched that teaser video a few days back. And then they announce a cruise sailing from Florida. Surely they could have put something like... "Fans in the US, stay tuned" or something.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Cruise ships usually sell out so this is bound to make a lot of money. Creed's getting reasonable press, even from some unlikely people. Even if its just for this show I'm happy there's finally proof that Stapp is on good terms with the guys again. I don't doubt the 2012 record is guaranteed as well as some more shows. Stapp wasn't willing to do the 2008 reunion unless an album was guaranteed, which gave us Full Circle. More is coming. We've been patient this long, what's a little more? Haha

Talking to my best friend rn to see if we're gonna go

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Devil Inside You wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:27 pm. We've been patient this long, what's a little more? Haha
This is nothing to do with impatience though. It's horrible communication. Like I said above, social media is worldwide. Imagine being a fan in the UK like myself, or a fan in Brazil, or wherever, and seeing that teaser video a few days back. You think... "Oh, what this could be"... and then you find out it's for a cruise sailing from Florida.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

It's fine to take the "glass half full" approach to this - sure, there *could* be more to come. Okay.

But what a hack job. I feel insulted. You've been planning a CRUISE for four years, Tim? The reunion of a band that has sold tens of millions of records absolutely calls for something, anything other than this. Or at least in addition to it.

If you have a tour planned but you can't announce it until after this event, or until this event sells out (seems like a long shot to me), you HAVE to come with something else. ESPECIALLY if you've been working four years on it.

Jesus Christ.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, people being a bit mad about this and I'm sitting here thinking, "I am calm. I am cool. I am iron, etc." Speaks about the mindset and expectations.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:44 pm Man, people being a bit mad about this and I'm sitting here thinking, "I am calm. I am cool. I am iron, etc." Speaks about the mindset and expectations.
Christian Bale saying... "Ohhh good for you" comes to mind :rolleyes

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:44 pm Man, people being a bit mad about this and I'm sitting here thinking, "I am calm. I am cool. I am iron, etc." Speaks about the mindset and expectations.
I'm not mad, I'm incredulous. Totally dumbfounded. I think they really fucked this up.

I've got bigger problems right now, for example my depression coming down on me like an anvil this week.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Sail…

Post by MaraCarr »

I am so excited. I’ve never been on a Cruise and never seen Creed live so it’s a win…win for me! I signed up for the pre sale. Will be purchasing three tickets! Bringing the family along! 😀

It is so exciting! I think it will be so much fun and there will be a lot of happy people all gathered in one place!

Only beautiful things come from that kind of collective energy! It’s going to be EPIC!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Sail…

Post by Dan Dando »

MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:12 pm I am so excited. I’ve never been on a Cruise and never seen Creed live so it’s a win…win for me! I signed up for the pre sale. Will be purchasing three tickets! Bringing the family along! 😀
Pleased for you, Mara :cheers

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Sail…

Post by scarecrow »

MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:12 pm I’ve never been on a Cruise
For your sake and all that money you'll be dropping - I hope you like it. For me personally, I was forced to go on two as a kid and I loathed them. Untold numbers of drunk people in cramped quarters. Cruises are definitely not for everybody.