Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, there you go. AB's and Mark's manager was able to clear it up. Was wondering why he didn't clear that up sooner, but if he had a reason, he had the reason. He shot down the fact that AB was going to be performing Metalingus as Edge's entrance at Wrestlemania the day before the event so I know his posts will have some caution to quell expectations.

Why he needed to change the profile picture for algorithm reasons? I don't know. Business reasons, I guess. Maybe have people keep thinking that the band is not over yet, but when they will be active? Keep the door a little open. Who knows.

People and media have such high expectations when an entity, in general, does something so small that these outlets will run away with all kinds of speculations and then get pissy when nothing actually happens. Jokes on them I guess.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Yeah, I kinda had my suspicions all along that there would be any sort of Creed reunion news WHILE Alter Bridge is in the middle of their tour. Maybe only after.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Post by tgriffith1992 »

Is there a source for Tim's response to this?

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

TremontiFan4Life wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:02 pm
Devil Inside You wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:53 pm Bad news for the hype. Apparently the guy who manages the socials for Alter Bridge and Creed is named Tim Tournier and he's essentially admitted he just changed Creed's profile pic and cover photo to keep Creed's socials in the algorithm. Apparently his dad just died and that's why he hasn't actually made some formal post about the buzz it generated but he admitted being confused as to why people are getting so excited for a pfp change.
not trying to stir things but it doesn't explain the creed site being behind a password

I looked into that too. Supposedly Creed's website has been behind a password lock since last year, with November being confirmed as the most accurate month its been under lock

Devil Inside You
Isolated

tgriffith1992 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:24 pm Is there a source for Tim's response to this?
I have a screenshot but idk how to post it. There's a Scott Stapp Facebook page that has it posted.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:13 pm Well, there you go. AB's and Mark's manager was able to clear it up. Was wondering why he didn't clear that up sooner, but if he had a reason, he had the reason. He shot down the fact that AB was going to be performing Metalingus as Edge's entrance at Wrestlemania the day before the event so I know his posts will have some caution to quell expectations.

Why he needed to change the profile picture for algorithm reasons? I don't know. Business reasons, I guess. Maybe have people keep thinking that the band is not over yet, but when they will be active? Keep the door a little open. Who knows.

People and media have such high expectations when an entity, in general, does something so small that these outlets will run away with all kinds of speculations and then get pissy when nothing actually happens. Jokes on them I guess.
Almost 20,000 people reacted to it on Facebook. In pretty much everyone's defense it wasn't naive of far fetched for the media and Creed fans to get carried away. They casually talk about doing Creed all the time now. Idk it just feels irresponsible and like a deliberate middle finger. Mudvayne's social media presence was dead for an entire decade until they got back together. They didn't bait and switch out fans

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

There's some responses in the Army of 12 Facebook page that Tim frequents. He said, "Just updating social images gang……" among other stuff. Can't screenshot pictures, but it's there.
Almost 20,000 people reacted to it on Facebook. In pretty much everyone's defense it wasn't naive of far fetched for the media and Creed fans to get carried away. They casually talk about doing Creed all the time now. Idk it just feels irresponsible and like a deliberate middle finger. Mudvayne's social media presence was dead for an entire decade until they got back together. They didn't bait and switch out fans
It's still on everyone else to quell their expectations until things are officially official. Seen plenty of hockey news that gets many people excited for something and then disappointed when nothing happens. It's nothing new.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Devil Inside You wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:53 pm but he admitted being confused as to why people are getting so excited for a pfp change.
But he put up the new logo in a colour scheme that I don't think I've ever seen before. That's the only thing that made me wonder if something new was coming. The fact he was then confused by the reaction is baffling.

Edit - Also, Tim, if you stumble upon this topic, sort out the YouTube thumbnails on the Alter Bridge Live From Amsterdam songs you uploaded - they look awful :lol

Devil Inside You
Isolated

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:33 pm There's some responses in the Army of 12 Facebook page that Tim frequents. He said, "Just updating social images gang……" among other stuff. Can't screenshot pictures, but it's there.
It's still on everyone else to quell their expectations until things are officially official. Seen plenty of hockey news that gets many people excited for something and then disappointed when nothing happens. It's nothing new.
That's the one I'm talking about. True. Its not like this hasn't happened before. In 2020 or 2021 they updated their pfp to the full circle promo and nothing happened then either. It just seemed legit this time.

The only other piece of hope I have is there is someone I know of very close to the band who also teased Creed coming back when they updated their pfp. But they did it in a super cryptic way that can easily be dismissed as nothing. Only time will tell I guess

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

TremontiFan4Life wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:14 am saw this on facebook

https://fb.watch/lIO74FTMpa/
Nothing comes up when I click on the link.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I don't know.... maybe they just weren't ready to announce yet and want to back people off a bit. There might be a big production involved with this.

I don't know why Michael Tremonti would mislead me about it - I mean, his intention seemed pretty clear to me. He could have just ignored me.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

im done with this bullshit

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:03 pm im done with this bullshit
If its any consolation he could just be talking out of his ass, and there's evidence to support it.

-to my understanding, the Slash/Mark collab is just for a single song. Not an entire album. Mark has repeatedly said he worked on a RECORD before this tour. He also refers to new Sinatra songs in future sense as something he hasn't done before

-The rest of the stuff everyone's already posted here. The "just updating socials" could be a red herring so Creed doesn't completely overshadow everything else the guys have going on with Alter Bridge right now.

Speaking of things that never happened, did Stapp ever play Sinatra in that Reagan film?

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Vaux wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:33 pm I don't know.... maybe they just weren't ready to announce yet and want to back people off a bit. There might be a big production involved with this.

I don't know why Michael Tremonti would mislead me about it - I mean, his intention seemed pretty clear to me. He could have just ignored me.
Could you elaborate on that? I may have missed your comment

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Devil Inside You wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:52 pm
Vaux wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:33 pm I don't know.... maybe they just weren't ready to announce yet and want to back people off a bit. There might be a big production involved with this.

Could you elaborate on that? I may have missed your comment
https://i.postimg.cc/tCfd15Kx/Screensho ... 074323.png

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

Devil Inside You wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:48 pm
nagpo wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:03 pm im done with this bullshit
If its any consolation he could just be talking out of his ass, and there's evidence to support it.

-to my understanding, the Slash/Mark collab is just for a single song. Not an entire album. Mark has repeatedly said he worked on a RECORD before this tour. He also refers to new Sinatra songs in future sense as something he hasn't done before

-The rest of the stuff everyone's already posted here. The "just updating socials" could be a red herring so Creed doesn't completely overshadow everything else the guys have going on with Alter Bridge right now.

Speaking of things that never happened, did Stapp ever play Sinatra in that Reagan film?
Stapp did shoot that movie, but it hasn't come out yet. As far as I know anyway

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Ohh haha I thought you meant another one besides that. Hmm Idk he might have just been being sarcastic because of the way you phrased the question

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

ugh why are there still people here acting like they're owed a creed reunion lol

especially when there have only been positive developments on that front

i still think this is the first domino of many

be patient!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDrhI1GUnNg

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I was expecting Guns N' Roses's "Patience" to come up. :lol
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

The hype is real