What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:03 pm I was lying down on my bed to watch some anime on my laptop and somehow ended up slipping and falling face first into my laptop and chipped a front tooth and a little bit of my laptop where my tooth hit it. Now I gotta go to the dentist to get my chip fixed.
Bring the laptop with you and see if the dentist has a side job in computer repairs.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:14 pmBring the laptop with you and see if the dentist has a side job in computer repairs.
They can use the same stuff they'll use to fill my tooth in on my laptop too :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Just don't watch any Hentai in bed from now on.

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:03 pm I was lying down on my bed to watch some anime on my laptop and somehow ended up slipping and falling face first into my laptop and chipped a front tooth and a little bit of my laptop where my tooth hit it. Now I gotta go to the dentist to get my chip fixed.
I hope that your tooth heals soon.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

When people don't even see my texts for hours and hours. Can't you spare one minute to check your notifications and type a short message to me back?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

maximzub wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:09 pm When people don't even see my texts for hours and hours. Can't you spare one minute to check your notifications and type a short message to me back?
A) they're busy so they cant text back during that time period
B) they saw it and forgot to respond when they got distracted by other things in their life
C) they're ignoring you
D) they're not in the right headspace to want to chat at the moment so they're leaving it for later

Take your pick.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:53 pm
maximzub wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:09 pm When people don't even see my texts for hours and hours. Can't you spare one minute to check your notifications and type a short message to me back?
B) they saw it and forgot to respond when they got distracted by other things in their life
C) they're ignoring you
D) they're not in the right headspace to want to chat at the moment so they're leaving it for later

Take your pick.
Hell, sometimes it's a combination of multiple options from that list.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:36 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:53 pm
C) they're ignoring you

Take your pick.
Hell, sometimes it's a combination of multiple options from that list.
I was afraid that it was C), but it turned out to be D) with a little bit of A). My catastrophizing mind can go to hell.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Our fridge/freezer has stopped working properly so now my parents are trying to get someone to come and take a look at it to see if it can be repaired or if they need to buy a new one. But since we live on Gilligan's Island there's no refrigeration repair places we can contact to come fix it over here that isn't just for businesses/not home refrigeration so they'd have to come from the mainland on the ferry just to look at our fridge probably :/

Never realize how much you rely on things being/staying refrigerated until it stops working :lol

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

What grinds my gears? I've managed to gain back about 50 pounds over the past couple years, after having been down to nearly 200 for the first time in my adult life. That 200 was a bit of an outlier as I don't really know how I lost that weight (happened around 2019-20), but since it's come back, even though I'm "used" to this weight (it's been roughly my normal weight for the past decade), I remember how much better I felt and looked just a couple years ago, and I'm pissed at myself (and my body's physiology) for letting it get back to here. Plus, I want so badly to get this weight off again, but I find myself feeling hungry, like, almost all the time. Especially when I'm here at work. It's hard not to sit here and stuff food in me on each break, but... I'm trying.

Also, I've been doing the solo music thing for the past 15ish years, but over the past couple years, life has gotten so hectic and busy with some new hobbies/business ventures my wife and I have gotten into, everyday married/parent life duties, work, etc., that I'm lucky to get my guitar out just to practice at home like once or twice a month, let alone actually record anything or be in any position to get back out to play any shows (which I haven't done for real since like 2018). I love my life, I love being married, I love being a dad, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world... just wish there was a bit more time in the day to balance in a little "me" time with everything else.

*mid-40s-life crisis intensifies*
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TenaciousBe wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:16 pm What grinds my gears? I've managed to gain back about 50 pounds over the past couple years, after having been down to nearly 200 for the first time in my adult life. That 200 was a bit of an outlier as I don't really know how I lost that weight (happened around 2019-20), but since it's come back, even though I'm "used" to this weight (it's been roughly my normal weight for the past decade), I remember how much better I felt and looked just a couple years ago, and I'm pissed at myself (and my body's physiology) for letting it get back to here. Plus, I want so badly to get this weight off again, but I find myself feeling hungry, like, almost all the time. Especially when I'm here at work. It's hard not to sit here and stuff food in me on each break, but... I'm trying.

Also, I've been doing the solo music thing for the past 15ish years, but over the past couple years, life has gotten so hectic and busy with some new hobbies/business ventures my wife and I have gotten into, everyday married/parent life duties, work, etc., that I'm lucky to get my guitar out just to practice at home like once or twice a month, let alone actually record anything or be in any position to get back out to play any shows (which I haven't done for real since like 2018). I love my life, I love being married, I love being a dad, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world... just wish there was a bit more time in the day to balance in a little "me" time with everything else.

*mid-40s-life crisis intensifies*
Ah dude. Don't beat yourself up about it. I also lost some weight and put it back on recently. Sounds like life is getting busy and maybe a little stressful, even if it's a good life it's still easy want to grab a small bit of an escape with snacking. Making space for yourself is really important in making sure that you can sustain your lifestyle without burning out.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Trying to find certain Trivium shirts with the band name and Shogun emblem, Sin artwork or Dragon artwork on them in size Large. Most of the shirts with the designs I want are out of stock in that size. :/

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Exams.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I watch the ads to financially punish those companies.

Post by zazthespaz »

New YouTube ads that just let companies plug some images and text in and they get played over stock music. Good idea in theory, most of the companies I see using it though don't size/rotate their images properly so logos/text get cut off by square boxes. One commercial I frequently see shows a picture of a room rotated 90 degrees on its side. :rolleyes
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Hey You Guys! 😊

Post by MaraCarr »

Thank you all so much for the encouragement I’m sorry I’ve been away for a while battling the terribly dark energy that has surrounded me for about 6 months.

I am not going to go into too many details as the ICU was only the beginning. 😂

I’ve been in hell for the past few months. Wrecked my Camaro … killed two monster deer at a high rate of speed. The poor things… just jumped in the road at the wrong time! 😞 and … My Poor CAR!

Then my mom almost died on me had to take her to hospital! Needless to say I’m pretty exhausted!

The good news is …My mom is much better , my car is repaired after I had to object to the market bumper they tried to force on it. 2nd time around is much much better! and I am still here… Still alive 18 lbs lighter thanks to Body Shred 6 (I’m going to win shred 7)…and guess what…

I’ve almost made it to the boat. I’m a little battered and bruised but my friends bought me a premium drink package for the cruise so we are going to party for 4 days straight. I am due for a good time!.

One of my friends got chosen to play basketball 🏀 on the cruise with Scott. He is practicing and hoping to make it to the final round. His wife and me are his cheerleaders.

Truly Grateful for the GOOD things ever how small they are.

The best is yet to come… :)

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: I watch the ads to financially punish those companies.

Post by TenaciousBe »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:39 pm New YouTube ads that just let companies plug some images and text in and they get played over stock music. Good idea in theory, most of the companies I see using it though don't size/rotate their images properly so logos/text get cut off by square boxes. One commercial I frequently see shows a picture of a room rotated 90 degrees on its side. :rolleyes
Eww, YouTube ads. I forget they have those. I've been on YouTube Premium since pretty much when it became available (back when it was YouTube Red), and then I happen to open something up on a work device or some app's built-in browser thing where I'm not logged in, and it starts playing an ad, and I'm just like.... how do you people live like this?!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: Hey You Guys! 😊

Post by TenaciousBe »

MaraCarr wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:46 pm Thank you all so much for the encouragement I’m sorry I’ve been away for a while battling the terribly dark energy that has surrounded me for about 6 months.

I am not going to go into too many details as the ICU was only the beginning. 😂

I’ve been in hell for the past few months. Wrecked my Camaro … killed two monster deer at a high rate of speed. The poor things… just jumped in the road at the wrong time! 😞 and … My Poor CAR!

Then my mom almost died on me had to take her to hospital! Needless to say I’m pretty exhausted!

The good news is …My mom is much better , my car is repaired after I had to object to the market bumper they tried to force on it. 2nd time around is much much better! and I am still here… Still alive 18 lbs lighter thanks to Body Shred 6 (I’m going to win shred 7)…and guess what…

I’ve almost made it to the boat. I’m a little battered and bruised but my friends bought me a premium drink package for the cruise so we are going to party for 4 days straight. I am due for a good time!.

One of my friends got chosen to play basketball 🏀 on the cruise with Scott. He is practicing and hoping to make it to the final round. His wife and me are his cheerleaders.

Truly Grateful for the GOOD things ever how small they are.

The best is yet to come… :)
Man, that was a rollercoaster of emotions! Glad things are looking up - have an amazing time on the cruise!!