The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:13 am
maximzub wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:47 pm I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. In fact, I feel so bad that I think I might just quit music after my show with Six Speed tomorrow. Six Speed anyway is going to be stopping playing live after that show and one show on Thanksgiving because we're sick of playing the same songs in the same arrangement to the same crowds. We will instead move to doing stuff for YouTube...if I even keep doing music.

Why did this have to happen? I created the new band because I wanted to have something new and refreshing to do with music. Instead, I'm running into even more problems than before. And we've already scheduled a practice for Thursday. If that doesn't go well, I'm out. It's seeming to be impossible to find people I enjoy playing with that are close to my age, so I might as well not even try.
Well, I'm in a much better mood than I was in a week ago, certainly.

We had our first band practice...except it ended up not really being much of a practice. Our drummer Josiah's brother, who is insanely talented, decided to pick up the bass so that our bassist Hunter could play guitar instead. Well, he ended up sitting out most of the time as we stumbled through 6 songs. In fact, our rhythm guitarist Dylan spent about 15 minutes trying to teach Hunter the main riff to American Idiot. I mean, it's easy! Hunter admitted that he's really a beginner and he doesn't know anything about music theory. So Josiah and his brother found some theory books and gave them to him. Hunter seems like he wants to learn, so I'm more optimistic about him than before. Dylan looks even more enthusiastic about learning.

Anyway, we decided that we were better off hanging up the instruments and just listening to some song suggestions. I liked that part a lot, actually. We have a decent list of songs now to choose from. I'm actually learning stuff for the first time in a while. I've realized that I'm completely rusty when it comes to playing electric guitar, as acoustic is not the same thing. So I've been practicing a lot these days, and I will continue to do so.

In a way, this meetup ended up resembling the first time I had Mack and Carson over for the first Headroom Karma meeting. We also listened through some suggestions and then tried them, eventually collecting a decent song list that we could play after five practices. Hopefully this new band ends up being the same way.
It's just a part of being a local musician. There is a limited pool of decent musicians of any one style in a location and you have to be persistent to find them. I've been at this 'local band' stuff for more than a decade now and it's always an exercise of two steps forward and one step back. Half of being in a band is learning decent communication, organisation and collaboration skills, the ability to play is maybe 50-60% of it. Keep at it and things will take shape, probably not the first time but after a while at least.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:49 am It's just a part of being a local musician. There is a limited pool of decent musicians of any one style in a location and you have to be persistent to find them. I've been at this 'local band' stuff for more than a decade now and it's always an exercise of two steps forward and one step back. Half of being in a band is learning decent communication, organisation and collaboration skills, the ability to play is maybe 50-60% of it. Keep at it and things will take shape, probably not the first time but after a while at least.
It is taking shape after all. Dylan and I met up to discuss some more songs, and we now have a list of 48 songs we want to learn eventually. Now we just have to narrow it down to, say, 5 to learn and practice on Thursday.

Also, welcome back! I haven't seen you on here in a while.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Anyone wanna join #27?

Post by maximzub »

Today I finally decided to count how many bands I've been in so far. 26. Wow.

Granted, 7 bands were at band camp. 4 were bands in which I was filling in for a missing member for either a show or a rehearsal. 1 was a one-off impromptu set with members of other bands. But it's still an impressive number.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Anyone wanna join #27?

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:08 pm Today I finally decided to count how many bands I've been in so far. 26. Wow.

Granted, 7 bands were at band camp. 4 were bands in which I was filling in for a missing member for either a show or a rehearsal. 1 was a one-off impromptu set with members of other bands. But it's still an impressive number.

Sure I’ll join number 27! Bucket list item.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

You know you’ve been in the medical field too long when you can take a needle and a lab tube away from young nurses and stick your own self in front of them to show them how it’s done without causing hematomas.

Seven times they stuck me today and missed. I look like a drug user from all the holes in me.

I finally decided to put an end to my own suffering and some how managed to stick a needle in my own vein and retrieve my own blood for a lab sample all while giving them a lesson in how to draw blood from a patient without burying the hub of the needle in someone’s arm.

It’s definitely time to do something more fun with my life.

maximzub
On The Rail

Plot twist: Max is secretly Mark in disguise.

Post by maximzub »

MaraCarr wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:52 pm You know you’ve been in the medical field too long when you can take a needle and a lab tube away from young nurses and stick your own self in front of them to show them how it’s done without causing hematomas.

Seven times they stuck me today and missed. I look like a drug user from all the holes in me.

I finally decided to put an end to my own suffering and some how managed to stick a needle in my own vein and retrieve my own blood for a lab sample all while giving them a lesson in how to draw blood from a patient without burying the hub of the needle in someone’s arm.

I could never do that. I can't even look at the needle when my blood is being drawn. What sucks is that I'm a very hard stick, so many times either they gave to stick me multiple times, or they just send me home and ask me to come back another time. Also, although it hasn't happened recently, I have fainted sometimes after having my blood drawn. Just like Mark Tremonti....
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Plot twist: Max is secretly Mark in disguise.

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:19 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:52 pm You know you’ve been in the medical field too long when you can take a needle and a lab tube away from young nurses and stick your own self in front of them to show them how it’s done without causing hematomas.

I could never do that. I can't even look at the needle when my blood is being drawn. What sucks is that I'm a very hard stick, so many times either they gave to stick me multiple times, or they just send me home and ask me to come back another time. Also, although it hasn't happened recently, I have fainted sometimes after having my blood drawn. Just like Mark Tremonti....
I can relate, I usually have to look away when someone sticks me. I was completely shocked that I actually drew my own blood. I did it with absolute perfection! It was a “Beautiful” moment.

I can promise you and all your “additional personalities” if you all ever need some blood drawn and I do it, you won’t feel a thing.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Did you ever see Scrubs? Sounds like you're basically the Carla of that place :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

From the Bucket List thread....
maximzub wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:17 pm - Write a book. Specifically one of two kinds:
- A memoir. I might want to start that now so that I don't forget stuff along the way. Although, knowing myself, I probably will still remember every single detail of things that happened many years ago.
- A fictionalized version of my early life, inspired by dreams I've had while asleep. I've already started this one, but with other things I want to do, that has sadly fallen by the wayside.
As of today, I have started serious writing on the fictionalized book! So excited!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:34 am

Did you ever see Scrubs? Sounds like you're basically the Carla of that place :lol
No unfortunately I missed that one. 🙂 I laughed at myself when it was over. I couldn’t believe I did it. I do love to teach, so I used it as a teaching moment.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:43 pm From the Bucket List thread....
maximzub wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:17 pm - Write a book. Specifically one of two kinds:
- A memoir. I might want to start that now so that I don't forget stuff along the way. Although, knowing myself, I probably will still remember every single detail of things that happened many years ago.
- A fictionalized version of my early life, inspired by dreams I've had while asleep. I've already started this one, but with other things I want to do, that has sadly fallen by the wayside.
As of today, I have started serious writing on the fictionalized book! So excited!

Same. I type my dreams out. One day I will do something with them. I have very detailed dreams, mostly nightmares.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MaraCarr wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:03 pm Same. I type my dreams out. One day I will do something with them. I have very detailed dreams, mostly nightmares.
Join the club! My dreams are very detailed, which is why I'm able to weave them into a fiction novel in this way. I'm sorry that most of your dreams are nightmares. They especially hurt when they're in great detail.

After hours and hours of work, I have a very strong rough draft! I'm gonna set it aside for a few days, but when I come back, rest assured that I will be working on expanding it! :cheers
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Nice to meet someone with dreams like mine. The nightmares have made me very empathetic to people especially those in a lot of pain. So it’s a gift. ❤️ Empathy can’t be taught, it has to be experienced. I am Thankful!

Yesterday my day started at 2 am. Im working two jobs. My grown kids were at a friends house playing monopoly (board game night) so when I got off work I decided on Jack and Coke and a movie at home.

Well Jack and Coke and a 14 hour work day resulted in me tripping over a rug in the bathroom and breaking the back of the toilet.

The little dog that follows me everywhere was soaking wet because when I broke the toilet the water line came loose and was spraying everything. Before I could get my glasses on to see the small writing on the shut off valve …he and I were soaking wet. LOL

I have to go to Lowe’s on my day off and buy a new toilet for my kids. 😂 I’ve tripped and fell a lot in my life but never broken a toilet before! It’s hilarious. I wish I could have done a video…it would go viral.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So apparently, Live Nation is launching a program where they are going to stop taking merch cuts for bands that's playing in smaller venues and will also give bands an extra $1500.00 per show if it is in a venue owned by them. Here is the list of venues.

https://loudwire.com/live-nation-on-the ... erch-cuts/

Dang, AB has or had played in some of these venues in recent memory. I can recognize like 5 venues they played this year from that list. If only this was implemented last year. They could have made some extra cash.

maximzub
On The Rail

*takes a 7 year break* AlterBlade is back! *takes a 5 day break* Max is back!

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:38 pm So apparently, Live Nation is launching a program where they are going to stop taking merch cuts for bands that's playing in smaller venues and will also give bands an extra $1500.00 per show if it is in a venue owned by them. Here is the list of venues.

https://loudwire.com/live-nation-on-the ... erch-cuts/

Dang, AB has or had played in some of these venues in recent memory. I can recognize like 5 venues they played this year from that list. If only this was implemented last year. They could have made some extra cash.
Is it a bad thing that I recognize so many of these venue names?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Not a bad thing at all. Most of these venues should be recognizable since those are venues that AB, and their contemporaries, have performed in the past or present. I have been to 9 of these venues listed (not just in SoCal, but in Grand Rapids, Toronto, and Raleigh).

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

The “Loo” Saga continued…

Post by MaraCarr »

I honestly believe that no matter how bad things get in life… something “amazing and positive” can result from any situation if we choose to find it.

Breaking the toilet was rock bottom for me. I got up the next morning and told my son in law I needed help replacing the toilet. He said,”Installation and Consultation will cost you $900” he laughed. ☺️

Thank goodness he has a sense of humor! Of course I will return the favor x10! 😊

I will send them on a trip somewhere!

Anyway .. I got the correct measurements and took off to Lowe’s with a positive outlook that everything happens for good.

I made it to Lowe’s and stayed in there for a long time. I really enjoyed myself. There are so many really cool things in there. I had so much fun that I went to Home Depot as well just to browse. Anyway I bought the new “Loo” or in fancy plumber terms “Water Closet”.

I must say I spent some quality time with my kids that day and I learned how to install a new “throne”. It’s very easy! The hardest part is removing the old one.

That is a direct reflection of everything in life, it’s always so hard to let go of the old and put on the new. We are all hoarders.

I went to my doctor’s appointment the next day and they discovered my falling more is directly related to the injury from the car accident and the damage in my left ear. He says I had a contusion and brain trauma from the impact. It’s caused permanent hearing loss and I have to learn how to balance again. So I start Physical Therapy next week.

Crazy stuff. 😊

So on a more positive note I am watching Tom Morello in “Master Class” (I bought a year subscription) teach guitar. He has a great story on how he discovered his signature style. The ideas he shares in this class are great. I also watched “Metallica’s Master Class”. It’s great too, they are always perfect to me. Lots of great information being shared there! Well worth the $180 …Carlos Santana has a class there also among many others like my favorite business person… Richard Branson himself! Love it!!! ❤️

Have an Awesome Sunday! 😍

(Saga Meaning: a long story of heroic achievement)
Last edited by MaraCarr on Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Michael Angelo Batio

Post by MaraCarr »

I have to walk before I can run. Michael Angelo Batio was one of Tom Morello’s guitar teachers. He taught him to be completely perfect… 100%… going slow utilizing every string and every finger (and tooth 😂) before attempting to go fast.

It’s Wisdom. It is the same as learning the alphabet before attempting to read.

“Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication” …DaVinci

Amazing! ❤️

“Arm the Homeless… With a Guitar” 🎸

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/1HRSM5Oq9zI?si=l9Qzj33hbK7pUbDP[/YouTube]

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ok back at the House of Blues in Anaheim. Here for Owl City. 3rd show I’ve been to in this venue this year.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Weekly update from me:

We don't even need to talk about how hard my homework assignments are, or how I'm still unable to interact with girls I find attractive, because they're not at all important compared to what just happened tonight.

Lzzy Hale recently started doing Ask Me Anythings via Halestorm's messaging system. She'll answer as many questions as she can during her downtime before their tour starts in November.

She responded to my text tonight. Okay, big deal. She's responded to me four times before. Well, this one was special.

Lzzy: "Hello Freaks, Lzzbians, Storm Chasers, Hale Raisers, Lzzybirds, and everyone in this lovely Halestorm community!
Lzzy here!
And I think it's long overdo for an "Ask Lzzy Anything"
So do your best, worst, and everything in between.
This is not limited to just today either. I'll be checking in on this specific campaign often, and will continually answer as many as I can in my free moments. Love!"

Me: "Hi Lzzy! I'm so happy you're doing AMAs again!

My name is Max, and I'm a 19 year old aspiring musician. I've been playing guitar and drums for almost 10 years, and singing and writing songs for almost 4 years. You probably hear this a lot, but you and your band have inspired me and my music endlessly. I saw Halestorm live for the very first time in July, and I was absolutely blown away by your performance, more than any live music I've ever seen.

Anyway, the question. If I successfully put a band together, would you bring us out on tour with you someday? It would really be beyond my wildest dreams come true! 😂😌 I hope you have an incredible time touring in Europe this fall, and that we one day rock out on the same stage! Love ya! 🤘❤️"

Lzzy: "First thing. Congrats on music finding you! It's such a beautiful thing to be a part of the magic it brings!
Yes. Put a band together, and play out everywhere and anywhere you can. Hone your craft....and it is totally possible that we could work that out.
Sometimes the promoters cock block and need us to bring a band that can put butts in the seats... but we have taken unknowns before.
So I say get your band together, make a big noise and we'll see what happens!"

I cannot believe this is real. I might be on the way to achieving my wildest dreams.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!