The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: subject line here

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 pmThe TABN awards were so fun. I miss that!
Gotta get zaz to host one for 2024 and the 10 people who still come here regularly will get all the other awards while you win one for Photoshopper of the Year and Best Sig since nobody else is making them :lol

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:23 pm I just signed up for a speed dating event on campus. Y'all have any advice?
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:27 pm Be yourself. Be respectful, listen actively, and aim to create a positive and memorable impression.

(credits to Google for the advice)
Don't try too hard or put up a front. Make sure you're actually listening and responding to what's being said. Being genuinely nice but appearing too keen or desperate to please can be off-putting.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Swedish firefighters FTW

Post by gbruin »

Merinda wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:13 pm I don't know what you just said but it sounded impressive.
By the way… Kick Ass sig!!! :rockon
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: His biceps are def a reflection of that fire fighter talent

Post by Merinda »

gbruin wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:40 am
Merinda wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:13 pm I don't know what you just said but it sounded impressive.
By the way… Kick Ass sig!!! :rockon
Thank you, G :hug

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: fuck family

Post by Merinda »

Feeling very depressed today.

Had a falling out with both of my brothers in law and in a way, my sisters also.

Just feel like cancelling the wedding and eloping to save the drama.

Also I forgot to take my meds 2 days in a row and that hasn't helped.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: fuck family

Post by Crumbso »

Merinda wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:33 pm Feeling very depressed today.

Had a falling out with both of my brothers in law and in a way, my sisters also.

Sorry Merinda. Weddings always cause arguments. Don't take any crap from people telling them how YOUR wedding should be run. It's you and your partner's day, not other people's.

maximzub
On The Rail

Yeah.

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:47 pm
Merinda wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:33 pm Feeling very depressed today.

Sorry Merinda. Weddings always cause arguments. Don't take any crap from people telling them how YOUR wedding should be run. It's you and your partner's day, not other people's.
So sorry to hear this, Merinda.

I've long since decided that I'm not having a wedding. It's for these exact reasons, as well as the fact that I would rather not spend the money on all the extra stuff associated with them when I could spend it on stuff that my future wife and I actually will like in the long term.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: Might move back to NZ

Post by Merinda »

Thanks guys.

Initially, we were going to elope because neither of us are particular keen on a big ceremony and because our parents wanted to be there, we compromised and decided to go as simple as possible and just do a registry wedding, 30 guests, $500 bux, simple.

But even that seems too fucking hard for people to get their shit together for.

I don't care about anything other than marrying him but at this point it feels like I'm working around everyone else and no matter what I do, someone will end up pissed off.

Also, Max, regarding your question re advice for speed dating, I don't have much but make sure you smell good. It's very attractive.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Sorry you have to deal with all of that drama, Min :hug Like Crumbso said, fuck what other people say or think or do about YOUR wedding. Although when it involves family I know that can make things really complicated. But the reality is you cant please everyone or meet everyone's expectations about what they think is best for you. Only you know what that is. Hope that you can find a solution that you're at peace with.
Merinda wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:47 pm Thanks guys.

Initially, we were going to elope because neither of us are particular keen on a big ceremony and because our parents wanted to be there, we compromised and decided to go as simple as possible and just do a registry wedding, 30 guests, $500 bux, simple.

But even that seems too fucking hard for people to get their shit together for.

I don't care about anything other than marrying him but at this point it feels like I'm working around everyone else and no matter what I do, someone will end up pissed off.

Also, Max, regarding your question re advice for speed dating, I don't have much but make sure you smell good. It's very attractive.
In other news I went out for dinner tonight with my coworker. I think it went better than going out for coffee did :lol But If/when we make plans to do more stuff I think I gotta pick an activity that isnt just sitting and eating/drinking stuff and talking :lol :/ But from talking to her It doesn't really sound like she's into doing much except sleeping cuz that's all she talks about when I ask what she's up to :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Jokes aside, I'm happy for you.

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:23 am In other news I went out for dinner tonight with my coworker. I think it went better than going out for coffee did :lol But If/when we make plans to do more stuff I think I gotta pick an activity that isnt just sitting and eating/drinking stuff and talking :lol :/ But from talking to her It doesn't really sound like she's into doing much except sleeping cuz that's all she talks about when I ask what she's up to :lol
I think she's trying to tell you something.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Might move back to NZ

Post by Dolo »

Merinda wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:47 pm 30 guests, $500 bux, simple.
500 bucks for 30 guests or per one?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Jokes aside, I'm happy for you.

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:49 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:23 am In other news I went out for dinner tonight with my coworker. I think it went better than going out for coffee did :lol But If/when we make plans to do more stuff I think I gotta pick an activity that isnt just sitting and eating/drinking stuff and talking :lol :/ But from talking to her It doesn't really sound like she's into doing much except sleeping cuz that's all she talks about when I ask what she's up to :lol
I think she's trying to tell you something.
That she's tired :lol

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:23 am In other news I went out for dinner tonight with my coworker. I think it went better than going out for coffee did :lol
The power of "grab a bite" :cheers

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

I went and saw Sleep Token last year - drove 4 hours each way. They announced their 2024 tour - playing in May about 15 minutes from my apartment. I signed up for pre-sale tickets on two different outlets. They sold out in less than 2 hours... I've NEVER had that problem with any of the Alter Bridge or Creed concerts I've gone to. Oh well...
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Schulzy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:00 pm I went and saw Sleep Token last year - drove 4 hours each way. They announced their 2024 tour - playing in May about 15 minutes from my apartment. I signed up for pre-sale tickets on two different outlets. They sold out in less than 2 hours... I've NEVER had that problem with any of the Alter Bridge or Creed concerts I've gone to. Oh well...
There seems to be an insane amount of hype surrounding this tour. Since the show is local maybe check around on social media groups between now and the show and see if anyone needs to sell their ticket.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Andy92 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:50 pm
Schulzy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:00 pm I went and saw Sleep Token last year - drove 4 hours each way. They announced their 2024 tour - playing in May about 15 minutes from my apartment. I signed up for pre-sale tickets on two different outlets. They sold out in less than 2 hours... I've NEVER had that problem with any of the Alter Bridge or Creed concerts I've gone to. Oh well...
There seems to be an insane amount of hype surrounding this tour. Since the show is local maybe check around on social media groups between now and the show and see if anyone needs to sell their ticket.
Yes, or pay silly $ for a resale ticket online. If all else fails I may have to go stand outside the Vibrant Music Hall on show day and beg...
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Dolo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:33 am
For the whole thing. It covers the venue, the celebrant and the marriage certificates.

Doesn't include food or anything but we'll probably have lunch in the venue after.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Since I'm ramping up promotion for my music lately, I might as well drop a link to my TikTok page here.

http://www.tiktok.com/@maxim6speed

I would greatly appreciate it if some of you guys followed it.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Merinda wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:54 pm
Dolo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:33 am
For the whole thing. It covers the venue, the celebrant and the marriage certificates.

Doesn't include food or anything but we'll probably have lunch in the venue after.
I'm currently putting together a wedding party with my fiancée for June 2025 and the whole thing will be like 22800 PLN (which is like 5.5k USD) for about 80 people including food, service but excluding alcohol, decoratios and accommodation for the guests from afar. Hopefully the inflation doesn't get any worse.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp