The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Weren't you the one considering moving here?

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:01 pm
gbruin wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:27 pm What a fucking day.

This week is the only full week off I have all summer. Our family had planned to get out of town for a bit of vacation, but that got put in limbo because I was subpoenaed for a court case to testify on behalf of a patient I saw who got shot (basically I go to court to read the chart and say, "Yes, she was shot"). The trial was originally supposed to be in April but it got continued until this week, meaning we couldn't commit to any vacation plans. The trial was scheduled to start yesterday but the court f'd up the jury selection process which pushed everything back a day and now some other witnesses are no longer able to testify with the one day change, so this morning the trial got rescheduled again, now for the end of August. So my one week off and family vacation plans were basically canceled for nothing. :pout

And now this Creed garbage...
That sucks Greg, sorry to hear (all of) that. Especially to have to go to court to testify something so obvious. Come to Texas, you'll still be miserable but at least it's a change of scenery.

Btw, what happened with that infection thing a few weeks back? I assume everything turned out ok?
I've served my time in Houston already. Thx for the invite tho.

As for that TB exposure, I haven't started coughing up blood myself just yet. I'll get retested in another 6 weeks or so to see if I got infected and need to start antibiotics.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Ok jurors, follow me here...

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:30 pm Is there any genuine reason they can't just accept it in writing? Sorry to hear you have to deal with the bs anyway and I hope you can still enjoy some well deserved rest.

And happy birthday, Kevin!
It's particularly silly because the defense's contention is that the accused is not the guy who actually pulled the trigger, and my involvement has zero to do with that. I have to testify that the nature of the injury was potentially life threatening (go figure, getting shot is potentially life threatening) so that increases the severity and consequences of the criminal charges. Why the prosecution can't make that giant cognitive leap without me having to dress up has always been a fairly annoying mystery.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

...still trying to weasel my way into the country full time

Post by gbruin »

Happy Belgian National Day, everyone! Especially you, Timo.

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:22 am In a rather hip late night tea bar while recovering from the concert. Aside from the AB shows this year, today’s concert was the best I’ve seen this year. Disturbed really put on a show and had lots of fire and pyro in it.
Glad you enjoyed it. You're also lucky to have seen the first change in setlist for Breaking Benjamin on this tour: they swapped out Angels Fall for Simple Design.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:23 am
anguyen92 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:22 am In a rather hip late night tea bar while recovering from the concert. Aside from the AB shows this year, today’s concert was the best I’ve seen this year. Disturbed really put on a show and had lots of fire and pyro in it.
Glad you enjoyed it. You're also lucky to have seen the first change in setlist for Breaking Benjamin on this tour: they swapped out Angels Fall for Simple Design.
Honestly, I would have preferred Angels Fall over Simple Design. The We Are Not Alone album just doesn't click for me as much as their other albums. So Cold is still pretty good. They should always have that as their opener.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:32 am
maximzub wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:23 am
Honestly, I would have preferred Angels Fall over Simple Design. The We Are Not Alone album just doesn't click for me as much as their other albums. So Cold is still pretty good. They should always have that as their opener.
I would agree with Angels Fall over Simple Design. I do like We Are Not Alone myself, just not as much as Phobia and Dear Agony (the other two full albums I've heard). I'm not much of a fan of what I've heard from Saturate, Dark Before Dawn, and Ember other than Failure, Angels Fall, and Tourniquet.

What's sad is, as much as I like them, and as much as I think they're good live, I wouldn't see them again until/unless they release new music. I saw them twice in the span of a year, and I got mostly the same songs both times. Unless there's some new music to see, I'm not drawn to see them yet again.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Mods/regular users, is there a thread for bands you want to see live? The above post inspired me to want to create one, but I won't if I know it's already been done.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: we should see Live live while we live.

Post by zazthespaz »

I'm starting a new job (contract) on August 7 which means I have the next two weeks off with no responsibilities. Anny suggestions for things to do - I live in Houston, Texas and wouldn't mind a bit of travel. (I may need to go apartment hunting though as my current apt wants to know what I'm doing come October regarding my lease)
maximzub wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:30 pm Mods/regular users, is there a thread for bands you want to see live? The above post inspired me to want to create one, but I won't if I know it's already been done.
Just did a brief (poor) search and didn't see one. Go ahead and create it, if an old one resurfaces, I can just merge yours into it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: ...still trying to weasel my way into the country full time

Post by Timotheus »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:09 am Happy Belgian National Day, everyone! Especially you, Timo.
I'm a bit confused that you know about our National Day, but thanks! :cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Well, I just had to kick out a bandmate for the first time.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Wout van Aert, Iron Maiden's Paschendale, Duvel - yay!!

Post by gbruin »

Timotheus wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:20 pm
gbruin wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:09 am Happy Belgian National Day, everyone! Especially you, Timo.
I'm a bit confused that you know about our National Day, but thanks! :cheers
Confused...because I'm from the US and have a hint of knowledge and any interest about another country but my own? Yeah, I accept that.

Granted, they did reference it that morning on the Tour de France telecast so it was a good reminder to say hey. Just never sure whether to say it in Flemish or French. I'll just assume I can say it in English and everyone will understand (still an American ;) )

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Happy National Merry-Go-Round Day! (USA)

Post by zazthespaz »

Had to share the most unique spam that I've seen come through on these boards: (American Pancake was linked to what appeared to be a legit article about pancakes for SEO efforts. Not sure if it was real or not so I removed it to be safe)

American pancake is an well-executed range of flavors and textures - the shining crust gives procedure to a sumptuously soft and light secret, delicately silvery, leaving a mumble of vanilla on the palate. Drizzled with rich, amber maple syrup, the pancake comes active, sacrifice a peerless blend of earthy sweetness, a symphony of flavors that dances on the tongue, making each bite an altogether empyreal experience.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Ajne cvaj draj fire!

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:57 pm American pancake is an well-executed range of flavors and textures - the shining crust gives procedure to a sumptuously soft and light secret, delicately silvery, leaving a mumble of vanilla on the palate. Drizzled with rich, amber maple syrup, the pancake comes active, sacrifice a peerless blend of earthy sweetness, a symphony of flavors that dances on the tongue, making each bite an altogether empyreal experience.
Is that even English? It looks like English words, but it makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

TL;DR: Our drummer sucked.

Post by maximzub »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:24 pm Well, I just had to kick out a bandmate for the first time.
I'm gonna elaborate on this.

Our drummer Ashton had been in Headroom Karma for a year and a couple months. The entire band only managed to get together three times and played onstage two of those times. Otherwise, he had sometimes joined my dad and I onstage at open mics, and the two of us jammed sometimes.

I've maintained that our first show was a mess, mainly because of the drumming. Our last jam about a month ago was even more of a mess. It just didn't feel good to be playing with him compared to any of the other musicians I play with lately.

Anyway, his dad is the sound guy for the country musician Chris Janson. And since they hadn't seen each other in a long time, his dad offered to take him on tour with Chris. That's where he was for most of July. We're great friends outside of the band, so we texted every single day while he was away.

In the middle of the tour, he broke up with his girlfriend from back home. The very next day, he already had a new girlfriend. This may have not been surprising if it was an isolated incident, but it's already happened many times before. He's had 8 girlfriends in the span of just over a year, and the last 6 were with absolutely no break in between. But he keeps insisting each and every time that "this one is the one".

Anyway, he and his girlfriend were planning to get laid with each other on Friday. My friend Danny and I helped him brainstorm ideas for where to do it, even down to the last minute. When they didn't get the chance to do it, he became pissed at us for thinking he's some kind of player when he's "only had 8 girlfriends in his lifetime". Like that's normal. The average number of relationships a person is in in their lifetime is 4. He's had 8 in a year. That's a problem. And he's pissed at us for it.

Back to the music part. Last Saturday, I had Carson over for the first time in forever. We hadn't even seen each other for 11 months. But when we started playing, we just fell back into place like before. We tried old and new songs, and sounded great. Most importantly, it felt good to be playing with him again. I've never had that feeling with Ashton.

So after talking with Carson and other trusted mutual friends (Danny, Noelle), it was decided that it was best if he wasn't in the band anymore. He doesn't have time for the band because he has other problems that he needed to work on first, and he just isn't as skilled as Carson and I am. But I needed a backup plan so I would have another drummer ready before we kicked Ashton out. So I reached out to our old drummer Mack, who you may have seen before in videos I've posted to this board, to see if he knew anyone that might be interested. And to my surprise, he actually wants to play with us again! Talk about a Taylor Hawkins scenario. I'm looking forward to reuniting with the old lineup and finally having it be a fun band again.

Of course, the part that was not so fun was telling Ashton that he's out. He didn't take it very well, but I think he's calmed down since. I don't know. We haven't talked today since then.

So there you have it. I had to kick out a bandmate for the first time, but it looks like it was for the best. And we might be getting back to something we've missed for years.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

American Pancakes today, SkyNet tomorrow

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:57 pm Had to share the most unique spam that I've seen come through on these boards: (American Pancake was linked to what appeared to be a legit article about pancakes for SEO efforts. Not sure if it was real or not so I removed it to be safe)

American pancake is an well-executed range of flavors and textures - the shining crust gives procedure to a sumptuously soft and light secret, delicately silvery, leaving a mumble of vanilla on the palate. Drizzled with rich, amber maple syrup, the pancake comes active, sacrifice a peerless blend of earthy sweetness, a symphony of flavors that dances on the tongue, making each bite an altogether empyreal experience.
This is what happens when Chat GPT and bots team up…

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: we should live here while we live

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:48 pm I'm starting a new job (contract) on August 7 which means I have the next two weeks off with no responsibilities. Anny suggestions for things to do - I live in Houston, Texas and wouldn't mind a bit of travel. (I may need to go apartment hunting though as my current apt wants to know what I'm doing come October regarding my lease)
You could continue apartment/home hunting in Denver…

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Greg, have you considered the benefits of condo ownership and landlord potential?

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:02 am
zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:57 pm Had to share the most unique spam that I've seen come through on these boards: (American Pancake was linked to what appeared to be a legit article about pancakes for SEO efforts. Not sure if it was real or not so I removed it to be safe)

This is what happens when Chat GPT and bots team up…
Oh I didn't think about that, you're probably right!
gbruin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:04 am
zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:48 pm I'm starting a new job (contract) on August 7 which means I have the next two weeks off with no responsibilities. Anny suggestions for things to do - I live in Houston, Texas and wouldn't mind a bit of travel. (I may need to go apartment hunting though as my current apt wants to know what I'm doing come October regarding my lease)
You could continue apartment/home hunting in Denver…
I've been looking! In fact, I think I was looking at an apartment in Denver when I typed that! 5 star reviews were in praise of Rafael's tours and then all the others were like, "My car keeps getting broken into, the elevators never work, staff never answer my calls and we keep losing power/water." So between price and those reviews, Denver is difficult for apartments shopping...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Amid the news of kicking out the drummer of Headroom Karma, I'm excited to say that my other band, YEBIGAH!!!, has a new drummer as of today! I used to be the drummer in the band, but when our old singer and rhythm guitarist left in late 2020, I took over his spot. The only electric show we've played since then, we had guest drummers. Otherwise, we'd play acoustic as a three piece. But now with our new drummer, we can go back to playing electric! (We also have an acoustic show coming up on Friday - it's our only show this summer.)
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

It's show day today!

And then tomorrow, I'll get to see Volbeat and Halestorm live. I cannot wait!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: Anointest my head with conductant. Do I get a crown of thorns?

Post by TenaciousBe »

maximzub wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:30 pm Mods/regular users, is there a thread for bands you want to see live? The above post inspired me to want to create one, but I won't if I know it's already been done.
I think you're safe - zaz is the only mod still active here, and other than Stijn (axlar), none of the others have even logged in within the last few months (some haven't logged in for like 2 years). It's the inmates running the asylum at this point.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.