The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Schulzy
White Knuckled

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Schulzy »

maximzub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:52 pm Just moved back in to college for my second year today.
Hope it's a good year for you Max! Wishing you best of luck in your studies and musical endeavors. :rockon
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Schulzy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:45 am
maximzub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:52 pm Just moved back in to college for my second year today.
Hope it's a good year for you Max! Wishing you best of luck in your studies and musical endeavors. :rockon
Thanks Schulzy!

I'm gonna be meeting up with the new Platteville band later today and I'll play some acoustic stuff outside the main cafeteria like I did last year. It'll be fun!
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Plush and Periphery should tour together and they can call it The Ladies and Djentlemen Tour.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Andy92 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:38 pm Plush and Periphery should tour together and they can call it The Ladies and Djentlemen Tour.
This made my day. :lol :lol

But you know what just made my month?

So last week I looked for the Plush girls on Snapchat and added them, hoping it was really them and not other people with the same names. Ashley Suppa added me back the same day. Only then I started to have a bad feeling that it might have not been her.

I worked up the courage to ask her today if she's Ashley Suppa the Plush bassist or a different Ashley Suppa. And guess what? It's really her.

I now have the Snapchat of my third favorite female rockstar. 😁😁
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Skin condition: read at your own risk...

Post by gbruin »

So a couple weeks ago, I came home after a long road bike ride with a few small itchy welts on my knee. I figured I hit a bush or a flying ant or some other bug and got some bites, no big deal. But these things got redder and itchier and started spreading elsewhere on my legs and then forearms over the next week. So since this wasn't going away, I started looking at my various references for skin rashes (not Dr Google) and at first it looked a little suspicious for bed bugs. Ugh.

I get exposed to all sorts of infestations at work in the ER, usually from homeless people who get brought in, but we are pretty careful to use PPE and I change into clean scrubs after every shift so I don't bring any hitchhikers home. But my wife who had recently travelled to and stayed at hotels in Vegas and LA the week before when she drove our daughter out to college, so I asked her if she had any signs of bug bites after her trip. And while she didn't have any bites herself, the mention of the words bed bugs sent her into a panic. Oops. She googled bed bugs and it was on. So we looked all around our room and in the bedding and corners and behind shelves, and every little speck of anything was immediately labelled by my wife of being a BEDBUG!!! - until I looked at the accused and reassured her it was really just a fleck of paint or a piece of a tortilla chip or some other non-bug item. She couldn't find any definitive signs of bed bugs until I was at work a couple days later when she texted me a photo from the drawer of my nightstand with what might have been some dead bugs in it and proclaimed we have a bed bug infestation and went into full scale ebola epidemic level crackdown, googled the most extreme measures one can take when clearly being overrun by bed bugs, then moved most of the stuff out of the bedroom into the garage, laundered every item of anything that would go in the washer over the next 2 days, sprayed pesticide directly on remaining items, and then bombed the room. Deconned...

Now, honestly, I can understand the approach, if not quite the execution, but when I got home and looked at the bugs she found, they really didn't look like bed bugs, Size, body shape, being dead...they didn't really fit for a bed bug infestation. They looked more like the dead carcasses of little flies that spiders leave in the corners. So I made the mistake of wondering out loud what else this could be and I mentioned scabies (same as mange in dogs). She immediately googled scabies and with her extensive medical background looked again at my rash and exclaimed I didn't have bed bugs but rather I had SCABIES!!! and that now she was at risk since they are highly contagious and I needed to do everything possible to ensure her safety. Now never mind that the rash didn't really look like scabies either - I see scabies at work all the time and mine were the wrong kinds of lesions, wrong locations, I'd never gotten it before, etc. But why listen to a doctor when you have google in your hand? So she demanded that we get treated, with the main options being permethrin cream (which is hard to find and you have to leave it on the skin for 8 hours then shower) or a one time oral dose of the excellent but now infamous antiparasitic medication, ivermectin. This cheap and easy and effective drug is used worldwide for things like roundworm and strongyloides and it's given monthly to prevent heart worm in our dogs (Heartgard), and it also somehow got proclaimed by certain weirdo cult members a couple years back as a hidden/withheld cure for covid that the government didn't want you to have. So, though I was pretty certain that I didn't really have scabies, I also considered the minimal downside of taking a one time dose compared to the much greater risk of dealing with a paranoid and furious wife with google, so I found a pharmacy that was open on Labor Day and got my buddy to call in a dose of Ivermectin for my wife and I and we took our doses that evening. Cured...

The next morning, I got up to watch the time trial at La Vuelta (go Sepp!!) and then went back to bed after the stage and was sleeping before work until my wife came in and woke me up and said we are idiots. Now, that last part was not a particularly unusual start to a day for me other than that she included herself this time, and she showed me a picture from our backyard of some vine looking plant with three leaves together coming out from under the AC compressor. She asked if I remembered a couple weeks back when she made me clear out a bunch of overgrowth from a nearby runaway lilac bush around that AC unit, which I did in shorts and short sleeves, and she explains that that actually probably wasn't lilac shoots after all, but it sure looked a lot like poison ivy...

Damn...

It's pretty rare here in Colorado so it never occurred to me at the time. But yeah, that's it

The rash is starting to get better. And my bedroom is now as clean as a CDC Level A biolab. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.
Last edited by gbruin on Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: My 50th Birthday !

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:49 pm Happy Birthday to Me! Big 50. ❤️
Happy 50th, my dear friend!! I hope you had a great celebration!!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Please be careful

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:45 pm
Andy92 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:38 pm Plush and Periphery should tour together and they can call it The Ladies and Djentlemen Tour.
This made my day. :lol :lol

But you know what just made my month?

So last week I looked for the Plush girls on Snapchat and added them, hoping it was really them and not other people with the same names. Ashley Suppa added me back the same day. Only then I started to have a bad feeling that it might have not been her.

I worked up the courage to ask her today if she's Ashley Suppa the Plush bassist or a different Ashley Suppa. And guess what? It's really her.

I now have the Snapchat of my third favorite female rockstar. 😁😁
Do you know who Manti Teo is?

maximzub
On The Rail

I will be careful.

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:06 pm Do you know who Manti Teo is?
I didn't when I saw this post, but I just looked him up and read about the catfishing incident. Okay, but I don't think a potential catfisher would have their Snap location on....
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: My 50th Birthday !

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:05 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:49 pm Happy Birthday to Me! Big 50. ❤️
Happy 50th, my dear friend!! I hope you had a great celebration!!

Thank You so much! I have a lot to be thankful for! ❤️
I actually worked all day but the girls at Work surprised me with flowers, balloons and a nice lunch. When I got home my kids gave me more flowers and dinner and the best gift ever! “Bose” earbuds that won’t fall when I run. 😊

Lots of texts and emails and other gifts from friends. Will party later!😊

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Skin condition: read at your own risk...

Post by Andy92 »

gbruin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:59 pm So a couple weeks ago, I came home after a long road bike ride with a few small itchy welts on my knee. I figured I hit a bush or a flying ant or some other bug and got some bites, no big deal. But these things got redder and itchier and started spreading elsewhere on my legs and then forearms over the next week. So since this wasn't going away, I started looking at my various references for skin rashes (not Dr Google) and at first it looked a little suspicious for bed bugs. Ugh.

I get exposed to all sorts of infestations at work in the ER, usually from homeless people who get brought in, but we are pretty careful to use PPE and I change into clean scrubs after every shift so I don't bring any hitchhikers home. But my wife who had recently travelled to and stayed at hotels in Vegas and LA the week before when she drove our daughter out to college, so I asked her if she had any signs of bug bites after her trip. And while she didn't have any bites herself, the mention of the words bed bugs sent her into a panic. Oops. She googled bed bugs and it was on. So we looked all around our room and in the bedding and corners and behind shelves, and every little speck of anything was immediately labelled by my wife of being a BEDBUG!!! - until I looked at the accused and reassured her it was really just a fleck of paint or a piece of a tortilla chip or some other non-bug item. She couldn't find any definitive signs of bed bugs until I was at work a couple days later when she texted me a photo from the drawer of my nightstand with what might have been some dead bugs in it and proclaimed we have a bed bug infestation and went into full scale ebola epidemic level crackdown, googled the most extreme measures one can take when clearly being overrun by bed bugs, then moved most of the stuff out of the bedroom into the garage, laundered every item of anything that would go in the washer over the next 2 days, sprayed pesticide directly on remaining items, and then bombed the room. Deconned...

Now, honestly, I can understand the approach, if not quite the execution, but when I got home and looked at the bugs she found, they really didn't look like bed bugs, Size, body shape, being dead...they didn't really fit for a bed bug infestation. They looked more like the dead carcasses of little flies that spiders leave in the corners. So I made the mistake of wondering out loud what else this could be and I mentioned scabies (same as mange in dogs). She immediately googled scabies and with her extensive medical background looked again at my rash and exclaimed I didn't have bed bugs but rather I had SCABIES!!! and that now she was at risk since they are highly contagious and I needed to do everything possible to ensure her safety. Now never mind that the rash didn't really look like scabies either - I see scabies at work all the time and mine were the wrong kinds of lesions, wrong locations, I'd never gotten it before, etc. But why listen to a doctor when you have google in your hand? So she demanded that we get treated, with the main options being permethrin cream (which is hard to find and you have to leave it on the skin for 8 hours then shower) or a one time oral dose of the excellent but now infamous antiparasitic medication, ivermectin. This cheap and easy and effective drug is used worldwide for things like roundworm and strongyloides and it's given monthly to prevent heart worm in our dogs (Heartgard), and it also somehow got proclaimed by certain weirdo cult members a couple years back as a hidden/withheld cure for covid that the government didn't want you to have. So, though I was pretty certain that I didn't really have scabies, I also considered the minimal downside of taking a one time dose compared to the much greater risk of dealing with a paranoid and furious wife with google, so I found a pharmacy that was open on Labor Day and got my buddy to call in a dose of Ivermectin for my wife and I and we took our doses that evening. Cured...

The next morning, I got up to watch the time trial at La Vuelta (go Sepp!!) and then went back to bed after the stage and was sleeping before work until my wife came in and woke me up and said we are idiots. Now, that last part was not a particularly unusual start to a day for me other than that she included herself this time, and she showed me a picture from our backyard of some vine looking plant with three leaves together coming out from under the AC compressor. She asked if I remembered a couple weeks back when she made me clear out a bunch of overgrowth from a nearby runaway lilac bush around that AC unit, which I did in shorts and short sleeves, and she explains that that actually probably wasn't lilac shoots after all, but it sure looked a lot like poison ivy...

Damn...

It's pretty rare here in Colorado so it never occurred to me at the time. But yeah, that's it

The rash is starting to get better. And my bedroom is now as clean as a CDC Level A biolab. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.
We found poison ivy growing in the backyard along a fence line at my parents’ place over the summer and my mom ended up breaking out on her arms. That stuff sucks because the oil it leaves behind is what will cause it. Actually not a terrible thing your bedroom got the biolab cleanse lol.

(Also don’t tell your wife the oil could still be stuck to clothes and shoes.)
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:59 pm So a couple weeks ago, I came home after a long road bike ride with a few small itchy welts on my knee. I figured I hit a bush or a flying ant or some other bug and got some bites, no big deal. But these things got redder and itchier and started spreading elsewhere on my legs and then forearms over the next week. So since this wasn't going away, I started looking at my various references for skin rashes (not Dr Google) and at first it looked a little suspicious for bed bugs. Ugh.

Damn...

If you travel you certainly are at risk for the dreaded bedbug. I always check mattresses in all hotels and behind the headboards.

This is gross but will share. It’s educational. Bedbugs are Medium to Dark Red. I know because I have worked clinics where I would be putting a patient on a dialysis machine and see a bug crawl on their body. I have actually grabbed a bug with my gloves hand and squashed it right in front of my patient.

I said…” I Got it!” The patient just looked so numb like you know… “just let it live” …vibes 😂

Anyway when there is an infestation you have to get rid of everything. Burn it! They get in everything and reproduce… like cockroaches.

I am so glad yours was just poison ivy. I Hope you are on the mend!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

MaraCarr wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:46 pm

Damn...

If you travel you certainly are at risk for the dreaded bedbug. I always check mattresses in all hotels and behind the headboards.

This is gross but will share. It’s educational. Bedbugs are Medium to Dark Red. I know because I have worked clinics where I would be putting a patient on a dialysis machine and see a bug crawl on their body. I have actually grabbed a bug with my gloved hand and squashed it right in front of my patient.

I said…” I Got it!” The patient just looked so numb like you know… “just let it live” …vibes 😂

Anyway when there is an infestation you have to get rid of everything. Burn it! They get in everything and reproduce… like cockroaches.

I am so glad yours was just poison ivy. I Hope you are on the mend!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TABN doesn't know the latest news about the Platteville band, so here goes....

The meetup and playing guitar outside the cafeteria went well and it was fun hanging out with the guys. The problem was that Dylan brought his guitar, and I noticed quickly (and he said it himself) that he's not very good. I mean, his open chord fingerings were strange and inefficient. He said he only knows a few songs that he can play all the way through and that it took him a long time to learn them. As for Hunter, he didn't even know a couple open chords (G and C), nor barre chords, nor what transposing the key of a song meant. Both said they learn only by tab. This is a problem because 1) my original songs don't have tab, so I would have to write them, 2) I would have to rewrite the tabs for all the cover songs too, as I have to rearrange the guitar parts for different keys to suit my voice.

I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. In fact, I feel so bad that I think I might just quit music after my show with Six Speed tomorrow. Six Speed anyway is going to be stopping playing live after that show and one show on Thanksgiving because we're sick of playing the same songs in the same arrangement to the same crowds. We will instead move to doing stuff for YouTube...if I even keep doing music.

Why did this have to happen? I created the new band because I wanted to have something new and refreshing to do with music. Instead, I'm running into even more problems than before. And we've already scheduled a practice for Thursday. If that doesn't go well, I'm out. It's seeming to be impossible to find people I enjoy playing with that are close to my age, so I might as well not even try.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

In Red in the Pyrenees!

Post by gbruin »

Sepp Kuss! Let's go, kiddo!!

maximzub
On The Rail

Screw women.

Post by maximzub »

maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:33 pm Okay, but I don't think a potential catfisher would have their Snap location on....
...unless they're dumb. I'm sorry, guys.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: is this still a tabn meme?

Post by zazthespaz »

maximzub wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:47 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:33 pm Okay, but I don't think a potential catfisher would have their Snap location on....
...unless they're dumb. I'm sorry, guys.
8)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

maximzub wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:47 pm I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. In fact, I feel so bad that I think I might just quit music after my show with Six Speed tomorrow. Six Speed anyway is going to be stopping playing live after that show and one show on Thanksgiving because we're sick of playing the same songs in the same arrangement to the same crowds. We will instead move to doing stuff for YouTube...if I even keep doing music.

Why did this have to happen? I created the new band because I wanted to have something new and refreshing to do with music. Instead, I'm running into even more problems than before. And we've already scheduled a practice for Thursday. If that doesn't go well, I'm out. It's seeming to be impossible to find people I enjoy playing with that are close to my age, so I might as well not even try.
Well, I'm in a much better mood than I was in a week ago, certainly.

We had our first band practice...except it ended up not really being much of a practice. Our drummer Josiah's brother, who is insanely talented, decided to pick up the bass so that our bassist Hunter could play guitar instead. Well, he ended up sitting out most of the time as we stumbled through 6 songs. In fact, our rhythm guitarist Dylan spent about 15 minutes trying to teach Hunter the main riff to American Idiot. I mean, it's easy! Hunter admitted that he's really a beginner and he doesn't know anything about music theory. So Josiah and his brother found some theory books and gave them to him. Hunter seems like he wants to learn, so I'm more optimistic about him than before. Dylan looks even more enthusiastic about learning.

Anyway, we decided that we were better off hanging up the instruments and just listening to some song suggestions. I liked that part a lot, actually. We have a decent list of songs now to choose from. I'm actually learning stuff for the first time in a while. I've realized that I'm completely rusty when it comes to playing electric guitar, as acoustic is not the same thing. So I've been practicing a lot these days, and I will continue to do so.

In a way, this meetup ended up resembling the first time I had Mack and Carson over for the first Headroom Karma meeting. We also listened through some suggestions and then tried them, eventually collecting a decent song list that we could play after five practices. Hopefully this new band ends up being the same way.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Josiah sounds like somebody who was sodomized in the bible or something.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:23 pm Josiah sounds like somebody who was sodomized in the bible or something.
Is this a reference to the Josiah that once was a user on this board?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!