The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:03 am
Crumbso wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:43 am Excited to hear it. Does this mean I'll finally hear a song of yours that actually has bass guitar? :lol
Yes, you will! :lol A few weeks ago, I played bass along with two of my demos, and my comment to it was "I can actually feel the songs now!"
It makes such a difference. It anchors the root of chords, adds enormously to guitar tone and gives you options to accent grooves.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Well, we didn't finish vocals on Monday because I was having trouble keeping steady pitches. So we agreed to go in again yesterday. And...vocals are done! Mixing will be on Saturday, and then we'll have to find a way to get the song onto streaming services. I can't wait for you guys to hear it!

On another topic, Volbeat and Halestorm's tour started today. Halestorm's full setlist isn't up yet, but Volbeat's is. Apparently it's set in stone for the remainder of the tour. Some highlights: Mary Ann's Place - glad to see an old song show up again, and wouldn't it be great if they did it with Lzzy? Becoming - hell yeah! For Evigt - unbelievable. They never play it in the US. I'm gonna get to see my favorite Volbeat song live!
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:22 am Well, we didn't finish vocals on Monday because I was having trouble keeping steady pitches. So we agreed to go in again yesterday. And...vocals are done! Mixing will be on Saturday, and then we'll have to find a way to get the song onto streaming services. I can't wait for you guys to hear it!

On another topic, Volbeat and Halestorm's tour started today. Halestorm's full setlist isn't up yet, but Volbeat's is. Apparently it's set in stone for the remainder of the tour. Some highlights: Mary Ann's Place - glad to see an old song show up again, and wouldn't it be great if they did it with Lzzy? Becoming - hell yeah! For Evigt - unbelievable. They never play it in the US. I'm gonna get to see my favorite Volbeat song live!
I've used Distrokid to get things on streaming services.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At the OC County Fair. Going to indulge in unhealthy fair food and music. Then going to see 3 Doors Down later today.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I'm done with girls.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

maximzub wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:11 am I'm done with girls.
If you're done with girls then who are you gonna stan besides Lzzy Hale? :eek

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:17 am
maximzub wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:11 am I'm done with girls.
If you're done with girls then who are you gonna stan besides Lzzy Hale? :eek
Lzzy is a woman. There's a difference between a girl and a woman. And no, it's not that a girl automatically becomes a woman when they turn 18. No, she becomes a woman when she starts acting mature, responding to people, and treating people with common respect and courtesy. Girls my age (18-20ish) aren't doing any of that. I'm done with them.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Speaking of Lzzy, this just happened....

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:22 am There's a difference between a girl and a woman. And no, it's not that a girl automatically becomes a woman when they turn 18. No, she becomes a woman when she starts acting mature, responding to people, and treating people with common respect and courtesy. Girls my age (18-20ish) aren't doing any of that. I'm done with them.
All of those things can be said about men and boys as well. Most of your posts regarding this topic are definitely in the "boy" category, which is fine and completely normal, considering your age.

Women want men. Just a heads up.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

So I have no chance with Lzzy. 😭😭

Post by maximzub »

Timotheus wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:41 am
maximzub wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:22 am There's a difference between a girl and a woman. And no, it's not that a girl automatically becomes a woman when they turn 18. No, she becomes a woman when she starts acting mature, responding to people, and treating people with common respect and courtesy. Girls my age (18-20ish) aren't doing any of that. I'm done with them.
All of those things can be said about men and boys as well. Most of your posts regarding this topic are definitely in the "boy" category, which is fine and completely normal, considering your age.

Women want men. Just a heads up.
Definitely true.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Lzzy replied to me again. Two nights in a row. I'm lucky.

Maybe I'll run into her at the show. Maybe.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

What a fucking day.

This week is the only full week off I have all summer. Our family had planned to get out of town for a bit of vacation, but that got put in limbo because I was subpoenaed for a court case to testify on behalf of a patient I saw who got shot (basically I go to court to read the chart and say, "Yes, she was shot"). The trial was originally supposed to be in April but it got continued until this week, meaning we couldn't commit to any vacation plans. The trial was scheduled to start yesterday but the court f'd up the jury selection process which pushed everything back a day and now some other witnesses are no longer able to testify with the one day change, so this morning the trial got rescheduled again, now for the end of August. So my one week off and family vacation plans were basically canceled for nothing. :pout

And now this Creed garbage...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm so happy. I got a ticket at a good enough price to see Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, and Jinjer. On my birthday, tomorrow. Just nothing like hanging at an amphitheater and seeing some good bands.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: kinda sad Kev didnt invite us to his birthday concert extravaganza.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:08 pm I'm so happy. I got a ticket at a good enough price to see Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, and Jinjer. On my birthday, tomorrow. Just nothing like hanging at an amphitheater and seeing some good bands.
Happy early birthday, Kev.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:27 pm What a fucking day.

This week is the only full week off I have all summer. Our family had planned to get out of town for a bit of vacation, but that got put in limbo because I was subpoenaed for a court case to testify on behalf of a patient I saw who got shot (basically I go to court to read the chart and say, "Yes, she was shot"). The trial was originally supposed to be in April but it got continued until this week, meaning we couldn't commit to any vacation plans. The trial was scheduled to start yesterday but the court f'd up the jury selection process which pushed everything back a day and now some other witnesses are no longer able to testify with the one day change, so this morning the trial got rescheduled again, now for the end of August. So my one week off and family vacation plans were basically canceled for nothing. :pout

That all sounds extremely frustrating Greg, sorry you had to deal with all that. :/

Especially the Creed garbage. :/ :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:08 pm I'm so happy. I got a ticket at a good enough price to see Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, and Jinjer. On my birthday, tomorrow. Just nothing like hanging at an amphitheater and seeing some good bands.
Happy early birthday!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Texas: It's hot as hell here, but at least the view is a little different!

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:27 pm What a fucking day.

That sucks Greg, sorry to hear (all of) that. Especially to have to go to court to testify something so obvious. Come to Texas, you'll still be miserable but at least it's a change of scenery.

Btw, what happened with that infection thing a few weeks back? I assume everything turned out ok?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Is there any genuine reason they can't just accept it in writing? Sorry to hear you have to deal with the bs anyway and I hope you can still enjoy some well deserved rest.

And happy birthday, Kevin!
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, made it to Fivepoint Amphitheater for Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, and Jinjer.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

In a rather hip late night tea bar while recovering from the concert. Aside from the AB shows this year, today’s concert was the best I’ve seen this year. Disturbed really put on a show and had lots of fire and pyro in it.