Tremonti playing at the Social TONIGHT!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
billdrambis
Brand New Start

Re: Tremonti playing at the Social TONIGHT!

Post by billdrambis »

We are really starting to get the most accurate picture of who Tremonti is a musician and artist. We've heard him write through the various stages of creed, the various stages of AB, and now as a solo artist. I think the commonalities in all of those different stages speak to who he is as an artist.

1. He has always been melody driven.

Everyone knows this, Mark has said it in countless interviews over the past 15 years, and more than likely you became a Tremonti fan because you heard a melody in a Creed/AB song that blew you away.

2. He has always loved solos.

Even in the early Creed days when he was restricted to one per album, I recall a Tremonti quote saying, "If you don't like guitar solos your f****** stupid." I think the pity for a dime, inside us all, and stand here with me solos were what separated Mark early on from all the other rock guitar players on the radio. He didn't just play power chords, there was substance to his melodies. And the dude could solo.

He has evolved tremendously as a soloist since creed and the ODR days. For those of us that were fans during the MOP/Human Clay days that begged and pleaded for more solos out of Mark and believed in his potential as a soloist, we finally have an album with 11 solos. Lets keep that in mind as we give feedback and document our responses to this album.

3. He's always had a dark/metal side.

The phrygian mode has made an appearance on every Tremonti album in a verse or chorus riff. With AB we started seeing the lower tunings, and alternate tunings that revolve around the 6 being the low string (i.e. BADGBE). More recently and especially on the solo album we're hearing the dirty triplets thrown in and just more of the heavy downstroke style in general.

His dark side has gotten darker since blackbird but its always been there. Consider, what if, bullets, blackbird, coeur d'alene, etc.

4. He's got a softer side.

We've heard some unbelievably beautiful ballads from Mark over the years. We can now add new way out to that list. Tremonti, since Human Clay has been great with open tunings and giving us great chord voicings that you normally only hear on a piano. Think of stand here with me, hide, open your eyes, in loving memory, time, wonderful life, watch over you to name a few. You don't hear guitar driven songs, much less rock guitar driven songs that have those voicings. I think that is something (at least in my bubble here in the US in context with mainstream radio) that makes Mark unique as a rock guitar player.

He has also given us outstanding finger picked parts over the years. Think of arms wide open, one last breath, weathered, full circle, away in silence, intro/outro broken wings, in loving memory, coeur d'alene, lullaby, ghost of days gone by to name a few.

In my opinion, Mark is one of the best song writers and guitar players out there. I will follow him to Creed, AB, or solo. Heck, if he joined the dixie chicks id become a dixie chicks fan. As long as he writes music, i will go to the shows, buy the cds (sometimes hard copy and digital) and continue to be a fan. His music inspires me and it has for 6 albums now. This one will be no different.

----

On a separate note, I have to say i'm shocked. I thought for sure there was no way the album wouldn't leak... given that Blackbird, ABIII, and Full Circle did sometimes weeks in advance. I'm not mentally prepared to actually wait until the release date.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Great post my friend!

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

I'd give anything to check my mail at the end of the week and have my bundle in there!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i saw FedEx and UPS both go down my street today while washing my car...i was sooooo hoping for my cd's to be delivered...lol. especially when the UPS guy slowed down and parked in front of my neighbor's house. then he carried out this big package to their house and left. :( i hope it comes tomorrow, thursday, or friday.
Photobucket cash grab.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Honestly what do you think the likelihood of that is?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

well, they said they were gonna start shipping this week, and based on where and what shipping was picked you could get it early.

i picked the third most expensive option from the cheapest going up in price. the second option was 5-7 days i think. so mine is probably 3-5 days. it just says ground though. we'll see. depends on if they actually shipped them on monday or not, or tuesday or wednesday for that matter.
Photobucket cash grab.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I think I picked the 3-5 option too... *fingers crossed* :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I've got 2-3 day, but it's through the postal service and not UPS. Hoping to get mine by August lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Just got an email from play.com, my order has been posted, might get it on friday or saturday if i'm lucky
Last edited by Dayviewer on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Benjami

air-deadman
Brand New Start

Post by air-deadman »

Not sure when to expect mine in Australia....

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Hey billdrambis, great stuff.

I don't remember what shipping I chose. It it's not here on Monday, I'm gonna have to buy the digital version to have while traveling that day.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Mine was shipped this morning from play.com so if I'm lucky I'll get it Saturday

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Bloody amazon...
For all of the hope that it brings...

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

I chose the 2-3 day option. I'd love to get it early since I won't be at the place I had it shipped to until the weekend.

I'll probably get the digital copy anyway

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I really only did the pre-order out of principle, and because I wanted the bundle with the stickers and whatnot. I'm assuming it won't be here by Tuesday, and will probably just buy the digital version that day once it's up to tide me over till the bundle shows up.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I wonder if Fret12 will put this album on Spotify? I didn't pay $32 three months ago to buy this thing on iTunes. lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

Hopefully they put up a copy for digital download in a good format. I know plenty of independent artists that do it so don't see any reason Fret12 can't.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

billdrambis wrote:We are really starting to get the most accurate picture of who Tremonti is a musician and artist. We've heard him write through the various stages of creed, the various stages of AB, and now as a solo artist. I think the commonalities in all of those different stages speak to who he is as an artist.

1. He has always been melody driven.

Everyone knows this, Mark has said it in countless interviews over the past 15 years, and more than likely you became a Tremonti fan because you heard a melody in a Creed/AB song that blew you away.

2. He has always loved solos.

Even in the early Creed days when he was restricted to one per album, I recall a Tremonti quote saying, "If you don't like guitar solos your f****** stupid." I think the pity for a dime, inside us all, and stand here with me solos were what separated Mark early on from all the other rock guitar players on the radio. He didn't just play power chords, there was substance to his melodies. And the dude could solo.

He has evolved tremendously as a soloist since creed and the ODR days. For those of us that were fans during the MOP/Human Clay days that begged and pleaded for more solos out of Mark and believed in his potential as a soloist, we finally have an album with 11 solos. Lets keep that in mind as we give feedback and document our responses to this album.

3. He's always had a dark/metal side.

The phrygian mode has made an appearance on every Tremonti album in a verse or chorus riff. With AB we started seeing the lower tunings, and alternate tunings that revolve around the 6 being the low string (i.e. BADGBE). More recently and especially on the solo album we're hearing the dirty triplets thrown in and just more of the heavy downstroke style in general.

His dark side has gotten darker since blackbird but its always been there. Consider, what if, bullets, blackbird, coeur d'alene, etc.

4. He's got a softer side.

We've heard some unbelievably beautiful ballads from Mark over the years. We can now add new way out to that list. Tremonti, since Human Clay has been great with open tunings and giving us great chord voicings that you normally only hear on a piano. Think of stand here with me, hide, open your eyes, in loving memory, time, wonderful life, watch over you to name a few. You don't hear guitar driven songs, much less rock guitar driven songs that have those voicings. I think that is something (at least in my bubble here in the US in context with mainstream radio) that makes Mark unique as a rock guitar player.

He has also given us outstanding finger picked parts over the years. Think of arms wide open, one last breath, weathered, full circle, away in silence, intro/outro broken wings, in loving memory, coeur d'alene, lullaby, ghost of days gone by to name a few.

In my opinion, Mark is one of the best song writers and guitar players out there. I will follow him to Creed, AB, or solo. Heck, if he joined the dixie chicks id become a dixie chicks fan. As long as he writes music, i will go to the shows, buy the cds (sometimes hard copy and digital) and continue to be a fan. His music inspires me and it has for 6 albums now. This one will be no different.

----

On a separate note, I have to say i'm shocked. I thought for sure there was no way the album wouldn't leak... given that Blackbird, ABIII, and Full Circle did sometimes weeks in advance. I'm not mentally prepared to actually wait until the release date.
Love seeing these types of posts. Amazing my friend, nice.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

I received my shipping confirmation from Fret12 today--According to UPS tracking, the package is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday the 18th by the end of the day. So much for getting it a little early :/ I was hoping for Monday. Shoot, at this point I'd be happy if I got it on Tuesday! :pout
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Dammit!! I didn't get any email yet. Was hoping to get it before I left Monday :(
Photobucket cash grab.