Tom's Sigs (UPDATED MAY/JUNE 2016)

Share pictures and media of our boys.
Tom
Jim's Brother

Re: Tom's Sigs (New New Shtuff)

Post by Tom »

i remember that one!! but to be honest i never really noticed selina's sig since she doesn't post very often, but the past 4/5 of yours have and it got me thinking haha

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Lol Harry. I'm definitely sure that the style we all use on here came from when Dan & I used to sig ALOT back in like 2007/08. We used to try to out-do eachother.. Others had their own styles (Ryan especially), but this grungy, overlapped picture style we all use came from those days. I'm really glad it's stuck because we all do some really pretty shit

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

:yeahthat

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Jim wrote:Lol Harry. I'm definitely sure that the style we all use on here came from when Dan & I used to sig ALOT back in like 2007/08. We used to try to out-do eachother.. Others had their own styles (Ryan especially), but this grungy, overlapped picture style we all use came from those days. I'm really glad it's stuck because we all do some really pretty shit
Yup..I remember Dan always making me sigs and I got tired of bugging him and tried to make them on my own...and I did. I emulated his work for awhile too. It's natural to do that. I love the grungy stuff so it's what I shoot to make. If others styles creep in, it's natural since I'm looking at it cause I like a lot of it.
Photobucket cash grab.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Radtacular stuff as usual, Hazree.

I don't know who I'm gonna vote for. :(

I do love me some Cadogan.. this is about skills though, innit.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Certainly not me.
Photobucket cash grab.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

me either.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

No offence, but it would be a crying shame if Rainier didn't win something. I don't mean any disrespect but that guy is on a level that nobody else here (myself included) can touch. Some of the work I've seen him do would blow your minds, and his signatures here are easily the best. Even with such a confined space he can out-Photoshop anybody I've ever seen, and trust me, I've been making graphics for a LONG time.
Last edited by Inconquerable on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Need to get a post with a bunch of his stuff. The two I've seen are sick. Need to see more, but I'm lazy and I'm not gonna go looking.
Photobucket cash grab.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

agreed.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Ryan wrote:Need to get a post with a bunch of his stuff. The two I've seen are sick. Need to see more, but I'm lazy and I'm not gonna go looking.
It's coming, I've been pushing him on it. He's doing the same thing I did with all of the Fortress signatures, only his are already lightyears better than mine. He has four done now I think with one that I know of in the works.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

definitely a new concept of sigs, a breathe of fresh air. but coming out and saying he's the best on the boards is a bit of a bold statement.. you'd be surprised at what some people are capable of..

Cinema 4D is clever though, i can see his talent and i agree it should have greater recognition

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Tom wrote:definitely a new concept of sigs, a breathe of fresh air. but coming out and saying he's the best on the boards is a bit of a bold statement.. you'd be surprised at what some people are capable of..

Cinema 4D is clever though, i can see his talent and i agree it should have greater recognition
Just expressing my opinion, and honestly, he is far more advanced than the people here. Again, I don't mean any disrespect, but the stuff the guy can do (and has done here alone) is unbelievable. He doesn't use C4D that I'm aware of, I could be wrong but I think he only uses Photoshop.

I would post some of his other work but I think he'd be embarrassed. He doesn't like praise so he'll hate me for this. =P

Anyways, I think we should have a graphics league here or something. Basing the talent of people on small signatures isn't accurate. Personally, my best work is on much larger canvases.
Last edited by Inconquerable on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I'm guessing his stuff isn't all AB related. I would like to see more of it, that's why I suggested a thread.
Photobucket cash grab.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

No we mostly make wrestling graphics but he's dabbled in a lot of other stuff as well. I'll force him to put something up tonight when I talk to him, he listens to me. =P

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Just expressing my opinion, and honestly, he is far more advanced than the people here.
Bit of an oxymoron. Also I think any time you find yourself needing to put 'No offense' or 'No disrespect' in front of something you can be fairly sure it's going to be offensive or disrespectful.

With that said his wrestling mock-ups are indeed very impressive. The guy is clearly very adept at those sort of projects.
it would be a crying shame if Rainier didn't win something
I'll be honest I don't think I've ever seen him post. Again though, the wrestling stuff is brilliant but it's not got anything to do with AB. There's a handful of AB related things but they aren't really on par with the wrestling covers. Surely it has to be AB related to be eligible? I mean, I'm friends with some equally talented graphic designers who have done some great work, but it would be irrelevant for them to sign up to the boards and win an AB award for equally irrelevant work. Maybe I'm being a bit precious but it's irked me the way you jumped in and put everyone down. Jim/Ryan and Jared made this website so they have my vote for photoshopper of the year.

I can't deny that Rainer is probably a more advanced photoshop user than the rest of us but I'm just not a fan of these text based sigs. I'd sooner take one of the other guys/gals 'outdated' sigs.

I'll be voting either Jim or Tom this year. Tom's improved massively.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

As far as sigs go I think Tom, Harry, and Jim have done well this year. Tom has definitely shown the most improvement. I agree with Harry about the website design. Ryan, Jared, and Jim did a killer job on this new site layout (and whoever else may have been involved in that).

Rainer makes good stuff, but I checked out his thread and wouldn't dub him the best here with no questions. There's a lot of talented guys (and gals ;) ) here. Rainer just has a different style compared to most is all.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Inconquerable wrote:Basing the talent of people on small signatures isn't accurate.
But Sig King is an award for best liked sig maker. Who cares if they're small, it's also a measure of talent what you can do with a small surface.
Also Photoshopper of the Year is not that much about Photoshop skills, as I understand it (otherwise Timo probably wouldn't be in the competition for his Tremonti princess pic, and he will be, or, I'm sure there are many other examples)...
I don't think it's the point to be all like, "I'm the most skillful, your guys' sigs are so last year, gimme the award"... which is the overall feeling I got from reading the discussion about Rainier. I like what I've seen of his work though, but I prefer my Merinda siggie. That is all
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Jim (10topprs) is another really good graphics guy around here. I mean he's doing album covers for Sevendust now...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

all the positive feedback is really nice to hear, thank you everybody!

there really are some spectacular designers on this board