The Official RED thread!!!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

The Official RED thread!!!

Post by mtshaw3 »

Going to see RED this Friday in Vienna, WV!!! This will be the first time I'll be seeing them since Rock on the Range in 2008. I'm surprised there isn't a thread on these guys already. They're amazing! Does anyone else love them like I do!?

http://www.redmusiconline.com/
https://www.facebook.com/redmusiconline
http://www.youtube.com/officialred
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: The Official RED thread!!!

Post by AB4Lyfe »

RED is one of my favorite bands!! Innocence and Instinct is such a terrific album.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I like these guys, been following them since '06

Decay

Post by Decay »

I love this band and all of their albums! :D

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

I love how they can go from hard and rocking like in Feed the Machine to songs like Never Be the Same that is an amazing ballad-like song and they do both soooooo well! And the fact that they use orchestra/string instruments is perfect for their sound. What are some of your favorite songs by them?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Red is an incredible band. Has gotten me through some rough patches

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm a pretty big fan of these guys. Seen them live 4 times. They played a show at a really small town in my state once. They were across the road from a Dollar Tree to give an idea :lol

My favorite record is Innocence and Instinct. That album is full of emotional all the way through. Their newest one is my least favorite, but it still has some good tracks too.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

Andy92 wrote:I'm a pretty big fan of these guys. Seen them live 4 times. They played a show at a really small town in my state once. They were across the road from a Dollar Tree to give an idea :lol

My favorite record is Innocence and Instinct. That album is full of emotional all the way through. Their newest one is my least favorite, but it still has some good tracks too.
Andy, aren't you from WV, too? I'm going to the show in Vienna Friday. I feel like you're from over that direction, right?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yep, I'm from WV. But it takes me around 1 hr 45 min to get to Vienna. Honestly didn't know about that show until you mentioned it so I doubt I make it. The small show I saw a few years ago was in Ripley if you're familiar with that area.

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

Andy92 wrote:Yep, I'm from WV. But it takes me around 1 hr 45 min to get to Vienna. Honestly didn't know about that show until you mentioned it so I doubt I make it. The small show I saw a few years ago was in Ripley if you're familiar with that area.
Oh ok... yeah I know around about where that is. I'm living in Morgantown now, heading that way right after work. Can't wait!

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Excellent, I've seen these guys twice in the last year and a half (at Alive Festival in Ohio in 2012 and again in Pittsburgh this past May, I believe) and their shows are incredible! Even their songs from the newest CD, which is my least favorite of theirs, sounded 1000x better live. Wish I'd have known about this show sooner and I may have been able to arrange my schedule to make the 2 hour drive myself. Have fun!

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

Just my luck, Red's guitar rig kept having power issues. Couldn't even get through 3 complete songs. Stopped to try and fix it multiple times to no avail. Had to give up. I was devastated as I took my girlfriend to the show and was hoping to show her how great of a band these guys are, but we did enjoy the openers, We As Human and Otherwise! Hope to catch Red on their next tour if they stop anywhere near/in WV.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ah dude that sucks. Kinda makes me wonder though...they've had sound issues a couple times when I've seen them. Never been as bad as what happened at the show you went to, but I've heard their guitar rigs drop out during songs in the past.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

After listening to Release The Panic, that album keeps growing on me. Highlights- Hold Me Know, So Far Away, If We Only, The Moment We Come Alive, and As You Go. Some are kinda meh but overall a very solid album. Dude has got a unique voice too, can't wait to see them live

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Release the Panic is a pretty decent album overall, but what really brings it down for me is the guitar tones and overall production of the album, which seem really weak compared to their other albums.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

It may be a decent album, but it wasn't at all what I wanted to hear. I think their best album thus far has been Innocence and Instinct, the overall sound of that album was just off the charts. Until We Have Faces and End of Silence were both great albums, but for me Release the Panic, as an album, was a let down.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:It may be a decent album, but it wasn't at all what I wanted to hear. I think their best album thus far has been Innocence and Instinct, the overall sound of that album was just off the charts. Until We Have Faces and End of Silence were both great albums, but for me Release the Panic, as an album, was a let down.
Agree with all of this. I think they improved their sound when transitioning from their 1st to 2nd album, but they've been declining with each release since. Not to say the albums are bad per say, but Release The Panic left a lot to be desired.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

:yeahthat
I wish they would go back to Rob Graves for producer on the next album they make. But I still love this band despite RTP. "If We Only" and "The Moment We Come Alive" are the highlights of that album to me.

But yeah...I've been a fan of them since 2010 and I've met them twice and seen them live 5 times. I'd say my best Red show/memory was when I was on the front row of their smaller show last year in Nashville. Mike threw some stuff out in the audience at the end of the show and I didn't get anything so I was like "what the heck man?!" jokingly but he came down right on the barricade in front of me and my friends and we gave him a hug because we're metal like that :lol Mike also got in the center of the circle pit that show and sang all of "Shadows" it was sick.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I like Pieces. Love it actually.. Never really got into their other songs though, but to be fair, I didn't put a lot of energy in it.

Any recommendations? :)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Timotheus wrote:I like Pieces. Love it actually.. Never really got into their other songs though, but to be fair, I didn't put a lot of energy in it.

Any recommendations? :)
If you like the piano stuff you would like Hymn for the Missing.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”