AB Guitar Covers

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Post by PiggySmallz »

AHart96 wrote:Yeah, I got the DVD a few months ago and I've improved a bunch since then, still not close to where I want to be. Probably the best thing I've bought in the last few years. The technique excercises help a bunch, and it's great that you get the correct tabs for his solos. Love it
Yes, its a great DVD. I learned it from there as well. I noticed in my booklet though that the legato part in the Blackbird solo was incorrect though. The book is different from the way Mark plays it. I've got to look at it again when I get home.
Jim wrote:Always bothers me when people upload guitar covers but have the track blasting out and you cant hear the guitar.. Kinda negates the whole reason for the video does it not?
Not sure if this was aimed at me or not lol, but I do it because I prefer a cleaner mix. Where the bass, drums and vocals are still audible. I'm my covers I try to tweak my tone to stand out from the other guitars in the mix as well, especially more so now that I mic my amp.
Felipesh wrote:Man your cover it's perfect.
AlterTremonti is good but he play many parts of the songs wrong, nothing personal.
Thanks man, I appreciate that!

I agree, he can play for sure though! He does a lot of AB covers and a lot of them well, I just don't like his tone or mix. He just wants to get a cover out for people to see, so I doubt he sits there constantly adjusting everything. Its perfectly understandable.

I think the best one on youtube is Rocco Pezzin. That guy can play. His mixes are amazing and his playing is even better.

While this isn't an Alter Bridge cover, he has done some.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/B1cLYbYWPc0[/youtube]

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

PiggySmallz wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Yeah, I got the DVD a few months ago and I've improved a bunch since then, still not close to where I want to be. Probably the best thing I've bought in the last few years. The technique excercises help a bunch, and it's great that you get the correct tabs for his solos. Love it
Yes, its a great DVD. I learned it from there as well. I noticed in my booklet though that the legato part in the Blackbird solo was incorrect though. The book is different from the way Mark plays it. I've got to look at it again when I get home.
Jim wrote:Always bothers me when people upload guitar covers but have the track blasting out and you cant hear the guitar.. Kinda negates the whole reason for the video does it not?
Not sure if this was aimed at me or not lol, but I do it because I prefer a cleaner mix. Where the bass, drums and vocals are still audible. I'm my covers I try to tweak my tone to stand out from the other guitars in the mix as well, especially more so now that I mic my amp.
Felipesh wrote:Man your cover it's perfect.
AlterTremonti is good but he play many parts of the songs wrong, nothing personal.
Thanks man, I appreciate that!

I agree, he can play for sure though! He does a lot of AB covers and a lot of them well, I just don't like his tone or mix. He just wants to get a cover out for people to see, so I doubt he sits there constantly adjusting everything. Its perfectly understandable.

I think the best one on youtube is Rocco Pezzin. That guy can play. His mixes are amazing and his playing is even better.

While this isn't an Alter Bridge cover, he has done some.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/B1cLYbYWPc0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Q2hMOmJoj8Y[/youtube]

:rockon

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

PiggySmallz wrote:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the legato lick goes something like this:
CORRECT
Eb 3-5-6-5-3
Bb 6-4-3-4-6-4-3
Gb 5-3-2-3-5-3-2
Db
Ab
Eb
Instead of:
WRONG (in the tab book)
Eb 3-5-6-5-3
Bb 8-6-5-6-8-6-5
Gb 5-3-2-3-5-3-2
Db
Ab
Eb
Again, I'm not 100% if thats right, but from what I've seen of him playing and from listening to myslef play it, I'm pretty sure it sounds accurate and is correct. Let me know if that helps (its a descending run, it just wont show up that way when I post it)
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PiggySmallz »

That's correct, that's how I play it as well

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I can't believe that guy nails the Leave It Alone solo, i just cant. Perfect

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PiggySmallz »

yeah, he really is a phenomenal player. Some of his other covers are even better. I always look forward to any new videos he posts

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Hope you've seen JVT's stuff

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Jim wrote:I can't believe that guy nails the Leave It Alone solo, i just cant. Perfect
Yeah wow, that was some hot shit right there.

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PiggySmallz »

Jim wrote:Hope you've seen JVT's stuff
I've probably seen all of his videos. I think he's a talented player, I just can't get over his mixes and tone. I always check out any new videos he posts. There's just something about Rocco Pezzin's playing that amazes me. His playing is extremely fluid.

Tremontinator
Brand New Start

Post by Tremontinator »

Somebody said ATP ? :peace

Here you are ... sorry about the solo...fuc**ng Tremonti :lol

[youtube]http://youtu.be/4jdTnRc_Q-g[/youtube]
Help me with the link please

Here is my channel with more AB covers

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlieRocker/videos
Last edited by Jim on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube video embedded

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

^ you have to hit the share button on youtube and use that link they give you and put that in between the [youtube] brackets.

this one:

http://youtu.be/4jdTnRc_Q-g

oh and nice SOA shirt

Tremontinator
Brand New Start

Post by Tremontinator »

Thx a lot !!!

SAMCRO RULES haha

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

Tremontinator wrote:Somebody said ATP ? :peace

Here you are ... sorry about the solo...fuc**ng Tremonti :lol

[youtube]http://youtu.be/4jdTnRc_Q-g[/youtube]
Help me with the link please

Here is my channel with more AB covers

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlieRocker/videos

You need something new to record with buddy, that recording sounds terrible. Your playing is good from what I can tell though.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Hey piggysmallz did you use a tab for the slip cover? If so what one? Cheers great cover

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PiggySmallz »

SoYourAfraid_SDMF wrote:Hey piggysmallz did you use a tab for the slip cover? If so what one? Cheers great cover
Thanks man! I used a combination of the ABIII tab book, some stuff I watched Mark do live, and some I did by ear. Most of the leads I took from the ABIII tab book and then altered them to what sounded accurate to me.