AB Guitar Covers

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AHart96
Rise Today

AB Guitar Covers

Post by AHart96 »

Hey everyone, so earlier today, I recorded a guitar cover of "Rise Today", and I thought it was good enough to put on youtube. Then it hit me to make a thread for musicians on here to post their covers of AB songs as well! So please go check out my cover on youtube (its available on mobile), and let me know what you think :) Like it, comment on it, and share it with you're friends if you think its any good! Any tips would be appreciated since I've been playing for less than 2 years, so take it easy with the criticism please! :) And yes I do attempt the solo, its a hard one!! :mtrocks Have a good day people, and I hope to see many more AB covers posted on here with mine!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/JXGAW68ZSLY[/youtube]
Last edited by Jim on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube video embedded
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Jim
Blood Machines

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Post by Jim »

Take a look at your strumming rhythm bro, that's what I'd work on. It didn't flow too great!

Thanks for posting though!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Jim wrote:Take a look at your strumming rhythm bro, that's what I'd work on. It didn't flow too great!

Thanks for posting though!
No problem, and thanks for the feedback. Thats definitely something I felt was lacking. It was a combo of inexperience, not being able to hear the music clearly, and not enough practice :P I appreciate the constructive criticism though, will be workng on it
Rock Never Dies

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PiggySmallz »

Not bad man! I think you commented on my cover on youtube. I'd work on your lead playing, to make it more fluid. Bending and vibrato can make a huge difference in your playing!

Here is a video of one of my covers:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/R464mMLT5t4[/youtube]

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

PiggySmallz wrote:Not bad man! I think you commented on my cover on youtube. I'd work on your lead playing, to make it more fluid. Bending and vibrato can make a huge difference in your playing!

Thanks! and yeah, I agree 100% on needing to work on my lead playing. This was the first actual solo I've tried learning, and I still have a lot to improve! I've been playing less than 2 years, and I'm just now starting to learn that stuff. Thanks for the feeback! And yeah, I cmented on your Rise Today cover, yours was awesome! Much better than mine
Rock Never Dies

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PiggySmallz »

AHart96 wrote:Thanks! and yeah, I agree 100% on needing to work on my lead playing. This was the first actual solo I've tried learning, and I still have a lot to improve! I've been playing less than 2 years, and I'm just now starting to learn that stuff. Thanks for the feeback! And yeah, I cmented on your Rise Today cover, yours was awesome! Much better than mine
Don't put yourself down man! I've been playing for 13 years on and off, I've got a lot of learning to do as well! How did you learn it, from Mark's DVD?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Better than I can do! Sounds good

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

PiggySmallz wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Thanks! and yeah, I agree 100% on needing to work on my lead playing. This was the first actual solo I've tried learning, and I still have a lot to improve! I've been playing less than 2 years, and I'm just now starting to learn that stuff. Thanks for the feeback! And yeah, I cmented on your Rise Today cover, yours was awesome! Much better than mine
Don't put yourself down man! I've been playing for 13 years on and off, I've got a lot of learning to do as well! How did you learn it, from Mark's DVD?
Yeah, I got the DVD a few months ago and I've improved a bunch since then, still not close to where I want to be. Probably the best thing I've bought in the last few years. The technique excercises help a bunch, and it's great that you get the correct tabs for his solos. Love it
Rock Never Dies

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

nagpo wrote:Better than I can do! Sounds good
Thanks man! Means a lot
Rock Never Dies

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Always bothers me when people upload guitar covers but have the track blasting out and you cant hear the guitar.. Kinda negates the whole reason for the video does it not?

Decay

Post by Decay »

No offence. But no one's better at doing AB covers than AlterTremonti aka Justin Vaughn Taylor. That dude is insane.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I concur^ . Dude is such a beast. I'm still awaiting his ATP cover.
Thanks Timo!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Jim wrote:Always bothers me when people upload guitar covers but have the track blasting out and you cant hear the guitar.. Kinda negates the whole reason for the video does it not?
Of course. I tried my best to make sure people could hear the guitar, but I also wanted to be able to hear the music as well so I could play along. Hopefully I at least pulled that off
Rock Never Dies

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Decay wrote:No offence. But no one's better at doing AB covers than AlterTremonti aka Justin Vaughn Taylor. That dude is insane.
None taken at all. He's an animal, and watching his videos was part of the reason I wanted to play guitar. He is the best on youtube IMO
Rock Never Dies

Decay

Post by Decay »

austinjhnsn wrote:I concur^ . Dude is such a beast. I'm still awaiting his ATP cover.
Yeah, he's been absent for a while...

Decay

Post by Decay »

AHart96 wrote:
Decay wrote:No offence. But no one's better at doing AB covers than AlterTremonti aka Justin Vaughn Taylor. That dude is insane.
None taken at all. He's an animal, and watching his videos was part of the reason I wanted to play guitar. He is the best on youtube IMO
Yup, he definitely is.

Btw, you did a nice job there, mate. Just keep on practicing, you'll get better. :)

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Decay wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:I concur^ . Dude is such a beast. I'm still awaiting his ATP cover.
Yeah, he's been absent for a while...
I dont think he's been on at all since he covered All That I Got
Rock Never Dies

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Decay wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
Yup, he definitely is.

Btw, you did a nice job there, mate. Just keep on practicing, you'll get better. :)
Thanks man, that means a lot to me
Rock Never Dies

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

PiggySmallz wrote:Not bad man! I think you commented on my cover on youtube. I'd work on your lead playing, to make it more fluid. Bending and vibrato can make a huge difference in your playing!

Man your cover it's perfect.
AlterTremonti is good but he play many parts of the songs wrong, nothing personal.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Felipesh wrote:AlterTremonti is good but he play many parts of the songs wrong, nothing personal.
WTF? No.