Welcome to the New Forum!

Any questions or comments about The Alter Bridge Nation website and forums can be posted here.
TABN Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the New Forum!

Post by TABN Admin »

Welcome to the New Forum
Esteemed members of TheAlterBridgeNation.com,

Hello and welcome to our brand new forum! The admin team have worked very hard over the last few months to bring this to fruition, so we really hope you like it. We would like to thank you all again for your patience while we configured the new forum installation.

If you have not logged on in a while, and are wondering what happened to our old forum, please read our announcement on the old forums here: http://thealterbridgenation.com/forumsa ... 13&t=30539

As you take a look around, you will notice a few differences compared to our old forum. The most obvious change is the new visual theme, which uses brand new imagery, and a cleaner fixed-width layout rather than one that stretches to fill the entire browser width. Despite the new look, the forum works identically to our old forum. The forum is built on the same phpBB engine that powered our previous forum, so you will already be very familiar with creating posts, sending PMs, and all of the other core functionality that you are used to.

Aside from the new graphic design, there are a few key changes that you might like to be aware of, the first of which is a slightly altered layout. We have created a brand new Projected subforum, which sits next to the existing Myles Kennedy, Mark Tremonti, and Creed subforums within the Other Bands forum. As described in our announcement last week, we have removed the BCD forum since it got very little use and was irrelevant to the purpose of our website. Finally, some of the forum names and descriptions have been tweaked for clarity's sake.

Another new piece of functionality you might like to know about is the revised YOUTUBE BBcode. To make the use of this button easier for the casual user, we have altered its behavior to accept the short-form YouTube link provided when you press "Share" under any video. For example, let's say you wanted to embed the "White Knuckles" Amsterdam video (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5jKMjLDpWw). On YouTube, you would press the Share button directly below the video:
Highlight the text, and copy it to your clipboard:
Then, simply paste the text between two YOUTUBE tags as follows, and it will embed the video as shown below:

Code: Select all

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/l5jKMjLDpWw[/YouTube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/l5jKMjLDpWw[/youtube]
Another new feature we have implemented is a mod that fits images to the width of the forum. Whenever you post an image greater than 800 pixels in width, it will shrink the image (retaining its aspect ratio) so as to not stretch out the forum layout. When you click on any of these downsized images, the image will be enlarged to its full resolution (or to fill your entire page, if it is still too big). Then, simply click the image again to return to the topic you were viewing. One good example of this is the forum banner, which would normally stretch the page beyond its usual width:

Other than that, the only notable change is to our set of smileys, which has been reduced to a much cleaner and more manageable library.

We previously announced that we initially do not plan to migrate our banned user list over from the old message board, so anyone will be eligible to sign up for our new forum. We expect that the majority of previously banned users will have done some maturing in the years since their accounts were banned. So, we are giving people the benefit of the doubt as we turn over a new leaf in our website's history.

That said, we will be keeping a close eye out for any users who sign up just to insult people or be a nuisance. We suspect that unfortunately some users may return just to troll, and that will not be tolerated. Any such behavior will be met with swift disciplinary action.

As you familiarize yourselves with the new forum, we also encourage everyone to review our community rules. The rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15, or at the top of every subforum.

Finally, we would like to announce Jim as the newest member of our admin team. He has proven to be very helpful during the design of our new forum, and he possesses a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for the success of Alter Bridge and our community. We are excited to have him join our team, and we ask you all to join us in welcoming him.

Thanks and happy posting!

- TheAlterBridgeNation.com Admin Team

AlterBlade
White Knuckled

Re: Welcome to the New Forum!

Post by AlterBlade »

All I can say is: I LOVE IT.
I still live.... #2024
Vote: AlterBlade

Josiah

Post by Josiah »

True. It's great.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Re:Told you my first post would be epic.

Post by ThravRande »

Epic.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Heretic
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Heretic »

forums look really nice, good job, guys!

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Thanks guys... welcome! We've updated our placeholder page as well (still under construction)

http://www.thealterbridgenation.com

We'll be working on getting the full site up asap :)

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

thanks guys! we appreciate it!
Photobucket cash grab.

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

The place looks great and runs so good. A huge improvement!

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Everything really does look great.

Thanks for the effort!!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

alright!! psycHosquirrel made it!! ;) psyco.
Photobucket cash grab.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

:P

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Huge thanks to the mods for all their work. This place looks great! Even with psychHHHosquirrel in the house.

j/k, no H. I'm glad you (and everyone else) are here. Let's go!

(by the way, anyone else ignore the youtube lesson and just play the video? that song kicks so much ass)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Fuck yeah!

Looks awesome!!

Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Post by Anyccka »

Huge thanks guys for this "new house" that you created for us to feel comfortable here...
Great job, I like it :cheers

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

The post time limit is annoying. I'm sure its necessary on account of Josi- I mean, spammers.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

There's a time limit? Spammers.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Josiah

Post by Josiah »

Yeah I'm sure it's easy to see our spam from up on top your pedestal Andy.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

It's actually the same time limit we had at the old forum. I guess you only notice it now when the boards are highly active.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Josiah wrote:Yeah I'm sure it's easy to see our spam from up on top your pedestal Andy.
All of my posts have been relevant so far. lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

So judgmental.
abw1987 wrote:It's actually the same time limit we had at the old forum. I guess you only notice it now when the boards are highly active.
No, I'm pretty sure it's because it doesnt take 10 minutes for a new page to load.