The Game of Thrones Thread.

Talk about anything and everything here.
Tom
Jim's Brother

The Game of Thrones Thread.

Post by Tom »

apparently there used to be a Game of Thrones thread, so here's a new one. what did you all think about the last 2 episodes of series 2? what do you think's going to happen in season 3?

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Re: The Game of Thrones Thread.

Post by Rosenblaetter »

I didn't like most of the 2nd season, to be honest.

I'm a huge fan of the book and I was shocked to see how well the first season was made.
To be clear - I don't expect the series to go completely like the story in the book, especially that this one is pretty hard to translate onto the screen without losing its grace.
I just think they wasted some potential of the story in the second season. It was pretty boring (which I could forgive - the second volume of the book is a little bit slow too) and - at times - it was inconsistent and unconvincing.

As for what's gonna happen next - I happen to know that ;) I won't spoil your fun if you don't feel like reading 2500 pages!
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

yeah dont tell me! haha
i got so into it so quickly, i watched the first series in about 4 days, and i enjoyed it so much, my friend from school callum has read the books and he said that they're a lot different to the series'. and in a way i kind of like that, i think it would drag out too long if it was the same as the books.

im so excited for season 3 though, with taiwin there to sort joffrey out, and rob to fight and the white walkers, i cant wait. Heartbreaking though that it doesn't air till April 2013 :(

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

All I can say is: NEVER get used to the characters. Anyone can die anytime! :D
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

yeah i know! bit shocked after Ned died in episode 9 of the first series!? but yeah im so stoked

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

I also caught on a little late, and did a marathon viewing of the first season. Was hooked quite quickly. Although initially what I really enjoyed about it were all the politics at play and now it seems it's turning a bit more fantasy based with the White Walkers and all. Apparently they won't really reappear in any significant form for quite some time though so next season should still be great.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

yeah man i know where you're coming from, haha my friend from school watched the first episode with his mum and dad, it had 4 sex scenes and an incest sex scene at the end.. tad awkward

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Haha, I'm pretty surprised Nyte, Merinda or me didn't make this thread before :lol

I thought the second season was great. I read the books, and besides the end of Jon's story and Dany's story I think they did a good job on everything. The 9th episode was the best episode on TV ever imo :D 10th episode was ok, but felt rushed, and they kinda screwed up the House of the Undying.

I watched the entire season 1 time, and if I remember correctly ep. 3 was my 2nd favourite, because Theon's arc was soo good in it.. And the Tyrion-Littlefinger-Varys-Pycelle parts were soo good :D

Can't wait till seaon 3, because some awesome stuff is going to happen!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

i feel the same in so many ways, i think tyrion is one of my favorites just because he doesnt take shit from anybody, not even joffrey when he was the kings hand!

being honest the house of the undying spun me and jim out so much, going through the door to the other side of the wall, and then back with karl and the baby? massive play with my mind, but the explosion in the 9th episode was unreal!!! oh my it was AMAZING.

i cant wait to see the war against the white walkers in the 3rd season.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Did you just call Kal Drogo Karl? :D that's pretty hilarious :D

Na, the scenes were cool. If I hadn't read the books I would be ok with it. And I try to have an open mind, so from a viewer's point of view I think they did a good job. The scenes were great. But I think they're making it harder and harder for themselves to adapt the book right. They made some big changes in Dany's arc that has to influence her story later in the series.

And hmm.. I'm not going to say too much, but the 3th and 4th season will probably the best GOT series so far. But, not in a way you're expecting ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

Yeah the battle was pretty good. I also liked that scene with Rob and his new chick haha.

My favourite characters are Tyrion, John Snow and Arya (is that how you spell her name?). Starting to like Tywin as well. And I can't wait till Joffrey dies.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Jon Snow is awesome. They're making him look alot more stupid than he really is though.. Tyrion is the man (duh :D), and Tywin is badass :D he's giving me a hard time hating him..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Tyrion and Arya.
That is all...

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

Best. Show. Ever. :)
-Steve
CreedFeed - Feeding Your Need For Creed!
QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection!

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

April 2013 seems too far away..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

"It seems so far and away
Another life, another time and place" :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

ahh i see what you did there.. clever!

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Casting news ought to be coming out in the next few months which could be interesting. They've confirmed they're casting Mance Rayder, Edmure Tully, Brynden Tully, Daario Naharis, Selyse Florent, Shireen, Olenna Redwyne, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr and Tormund Giantsbane so far.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Can't wait to see the King beyond the Wall!
Still no Ramsay Roose though!! Where are you, Bastard?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

They've been pretty secretive with the Bastard of Bolton, eh? ADWD Spoiler: (Really he's not even needed until season 5 when he torturing Theon at the Dreadfort so they may hold off casting him. The only reason they'd cast him now would be if they expand Theon's role into seasons 3 and 4. ) I'm looking quite forward to seeing who they get for Mance because he's gotta be brutal and charming at the same time.