Should Scott Stapp form a new band ?

Yes
68%
No
33%

Total votes: 40

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Should Scott Stapp form a new band ?

Post by Andy92 »

I don't think it's quite fair to blame Benson for the vocal issues on Full Circle lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Not completely, well, we all know Stapp was nowehere even close to being his best when Full Circle was being recorded, but yeah, production wasn't great either.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

nagpo wrote: I wonder if this recent news means the supposed lawsuit against wind-up is over.
I was wondering the same thing. If so, I'd be on no more Creed ever. I think that had something to do with the legal issues with Wind-Up, although that's just my speculation

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I have some Benson/Stapp stories :lol but out of respect for my sources I'm not going to blab.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

JaredWard wrote:I have some Benson/Stapp stories :lol but out of respect for my sources I'm not going to blab.
Booooo, you can't hold out on us! :(

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

lol please blab

mastermyx
Bought The CDs

Post by mastermyx »

JaredWard wrote:I have some Benson/Stapp stories :lol but out of respect for my sources I'm not going to blab.
are these stories from when Creed recorded Full Circle or more recent?

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Full Circle. I won't go into the stories (or my sources) but basically Benson and crew said that Scott is the most burnt out singer they've ever dealt with and his short term memory is nearly gone. Needless to say he had a lot of trouble in the studio and it took forever to record vocals. Within a half hour into the sessions his voice was pretty much shot for the day.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Damn.
Thanks a lot for those inside stories.
Now, more than ever, I really want to know what happened to his voice in 2009.
What did he do to his vocal chords to have so many problems ? Why hasn't he addressed the issue since then ?
JaredWard wrote:Within a half hour into the sessions his voice was pretty much shot for the day.
I remember on this board, when Full Circle came out, a member guessed which songs had been recorded early in the sessions, and which ones had been recorded at the end of the studio sessions when his voice was shot. You could litterrally hear his voice deteriorate from song to song. I've already tried to find that post back, but I couldn't find it.

The memory issue is also quite scary. He's not even 40 and he's having that kind of problem ? Is that a consequence of his past drug abuse ?
But I can't say I'm surprised : sometimes, during interviews, he seems to be on automatic mode, and during live peformances, he's sometimes out of it for no reason (he screwed up during the Faceless Man breakdown a couple times in 2009 and 2010, and in 2012, I remember he forgot one verse at the beginning of Wash Away Those Years).

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

drugs will fuck you up mang

mastermyx
Bought The CDs

Post by mastermyx »

The memory thing I suspected and was kind of surprised was not very obvious, that fall he took off the balcony and cracking his head, that can cause major memory issues/behavior modifications. Exhibit A: Gary Busey, he had a major motorcycle accident and head injury and ever since he's been wacky.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Thanks for the info Jared. You could tell in some songs on Full Circle that his voice deteriorated song to song.

That doesn't surprise me. His voice was in bad shape then. I wonder what he is like now with his improved voice.

I also remember reading in Scott's book that he went out drinking/partying/something else during that time that he had to apologise for, I wonder what that was about and if it affected his voice.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Depression is another factor that can lead to a lot of problems, physically and mentally.
apart from the drug/alcohol abuse, a bigger factor in Stapp's personality change, vocal issues and memory issues imo is because of depression. The guy has been through a lot, things he was responsible for himself, and all the things he was put through by others.. Even now, the shit that he gets is too much. Stapp was a great frontman, what I see it as, and call me whatever the fuck you guys wanna call, people around him are more than responsible for destroying his life to a huge extent.. Its very evident now how hes been treated and who did what. you ask me? Stapp was easily targeted in the past and made to look bad more than was needed.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I think the head injury has more to do with it than depression...could've even be the cause of some of the depression too.
Photobucket cash grab.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Good Fight must've been the last song of the last session...

He sounds horrible on the Santana song too...

But he did sound good during their last tour.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Good Fight was was bad for multiple reasons, not just the vocals. My least favorite creed song.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Ryan wrote:I think the head injury has more to do with it than depression...could've even be the cause of some of the depression too.
Stapp has been in depression for years.
I say that with personal experience and being on the road to recovery.. Depression is serious, can cause great damage to your mental and physical health, it is probably the most underestimated disease.. In some serious cases of depression, a person's natural functioning of the body can go for a toss.. Their physical actions, they seem like they have sorta less control over their movements, memory lapse is common in depression, your breathing goes for a toss(cause for vocal problems), your self-esteem is at an all time low... these are just some of the problems that are relevant in Stapp's case... it really can mess a person up if not treated.. You see, depression attacks a persons's brain directly. Every function in your body is first and foremost controlled by your brain.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Marcos wrote:But he did sound good during their last tour.
Starting out lol his voice quickly went down hill as the tour progressed but that was expected I guess. I'm not really getting my hopes with his new album.. there are so many reasons why. I'll probably have some more stories from those sessions since he's working with Mike Plotnikoff again. I haven't heard who's producing though.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Drugs are bad, mkay?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Scott on Twitter today:
Back In Nashville, working in the studio recording new tunes. Really feeling inspired today..

#SpreadLove
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.