STP Fire Scott Weiland

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

STP Fire Scott Weiland

Post by JaredWard »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... iland.html
Stone Temple Pilots have fired singer Scott Weiland - and the first he heard about it was through the press.

The band didn't give a reason for his departure, with their short statement simply reading: "Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland."

If at first glance the word "terminated" sounds a bit extreme, don't worry; Scott is alive and well, and quickly posted a statement of his own (via NME):

"I learned of my supposed 'termination' from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press. Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that's something for the lawyers to figure out.

"In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday."

It's not the first time Weiland has been out of the band which he helped form in the mid-80s. In the 90s the band went on hiatus, and later Weiland went to jail for heroin possession while experimenting with a solo project. They reformed, but be 2002 they officially split - and then reformed again in 2008 once Weiland had been booted from rock supergroup Velvet Revolver.

Perhaps Weiland's false claims that he was destined to reunite with Velvet Revolver in November last year were prompted by difficulties in Stone Temple Pilots. It proved to be BS;

Slash responded by saying "Scott is completely speaking out of his a-s."

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: STP Fire Scott Weiland

Post by Dolo »

I've never really been into STP but that sounds strange. It's like a Gary Moore fired Gary Moore or Bryan Adams fires himself from his own band. Nonetheless, it would be great to have VR back again - there will be more freedom for Myles :)
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Slash isn't interested in VR at all atm..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Why was this only officially confirmed yesterday, i've known about this since December

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

BloodRedHalo wrote:Why was this only officially confirmed yesterday, i've known about this since December
Because the band issued the official statement yesterday, even though it's been rumored for months.

I smell a messy lawsuit.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Burn, burn, buuuuuuuuuuuurn. Burn your wicked garden down!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

What a joke

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Surprised there isn't more posts about STP here or that they have their own official topic. Anyway, they released a neat country ballad today for an upcoming acoustic record, that I'm really digging.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muv71aLRSjY