Any More Nominations??

Our annual TABN message board awards.
Macca
Greg

Re: Any More Nominations??

Post by Macca »

Actually wish you had campaigned that one, I would've nominated it, forgot all about it.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: For naught again...

Post by zazthespaz »

Yeah me too... I make a second motion!!!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Grinds your gears thread is better
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

....so when does the next stage start?

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

Timotheus wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Hopefully there's a bit more AB activity next year...
:yeahthat Slash keeps adding more dates..

I guess that's how the fans of Creed felt previous year, lol..
This isn't directed at you Timotei, but:
People complain when they feel it is rushed, now people start to gripe when they think it's going to take longer to get to us. :lol

Guys, give us an album every year, but spend two years writing and perfecting it, all while locked in a bunker, away from the world.

Oh, and a full world tour for each album, don't forget Bumfuck, Alabama though, or there will be a thread about it. Please tour every part of the world extensively, even Antarctica, those penguins love Myles' soaring voice. BUT DON'T SLACK OFF ON THOSE ALBUMS!!!

And mix up the setlist every night. We know there are people there who are new to the AB experience and want to hear the classics, but we don't care, we are more important, and we need to hear new songs recorded on a mobile phone with the quality as if they were done on a potato each and every night in order to satisfy us. And play everything exactly as it is on the album, don't speed it up because you're pumped up, be robotic in your precision.

But add emotion. And solos. And cowbell. Don't forget to add more cowbell.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I know that post wasn't directed at me but:
People complain when they feel it is rushed, now people start to gripe when they think it's going to take longer to get to us. :lol
If they spend all that time working on the album I wouldn't mind waiting 2 more years.
Guys, give us an album every year, but spend two years writing and perfecting it, all while locked in a bunker, away from the world.
One album per 3 year is a really good formula. But there's a really big difference between rushing the album in 1-2 months or disapearing into the studio for a year. Blackbird is my favourite album for a reason.
I'm glad Myles is touring with Slash. I've seen them live, and I'm a huge fan, so I'm not complaining. But Alter Bridge is my favourite band and secretly (or not so secretly) I would love them to spend more time on recording albums.
Oh, and a full world tour for each album, don't forget Bumfuck, Alabama though, or there will be a thread about it. Please tour every part of the world extensively, even Antarctica, those penguins love Myles' soaring voice. BUT DON'T SLACK OFF ON THOSE ALBUMS!!!
I agree with this. With all the different project going on it's harder for the guys to tour more places, because they simply don't have the time for it.
And mix up the setlist every night. We know there are people there who are new to the AB experience and want to hear the classics, but we don't care, we are more important, and we need to hear new songs recorded on a mobile phone with the quality as if they were done on a potato each and every night in order to satisfy us. And play everything exactly as it is on the album, don't speed it up because you're pumped up, be robotic in your precision.
It's perfectly possible to play the classics and keep your playlist interesting for everybody. I really don't think this is too much to ask. And yes, if they played Shed My Skin for the first time in 6(?) years I would be all over that crappy youtube video (I think we all would).
I don't want them to sound exactly like they do on the album. I want them to experiment with their sound live. I love what they did with I Know It Hurts in Wembley, and White Knuckles is a live favourite for a reason. And to be honest, I don't really mind if they speed up a bit.
This :lol

I sometimes complain about the band, because I care about them. This is the message board of the band after all. Anybody that spends some time on here knows I love the band to death. :)
Last edited by Timotheus on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Very reasonable responses Timo. If there were an award for most reasonable response of the year you could well have won it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Der_Metzgermeister wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Hopefully there's a bit more AB activity next year...
:yeahthat Slash keeps adding more dates..

I guess that's how the fans of Creed felt previous year, lol..
This isn't directed at you Timotei, but:

Well said! :cheers

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

There's a difference between taking a while to release an album because you're spending a lot of time working on it and taking a while to release it because you have 3,000 side projects on the go, I think that's what bothers a lot of people.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Got a decent amount of nominations now. Will be closing this up sooner rather than later

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Macca wrote:There's a difference between taking a while to release an album because you're spending a lot of time working on it and taking a while to release it because you have 3,000 side projects on the go, I think that's what bothers a lot of people.
This. Three years between Blackbird and AB III, yet they spent six weeks in the studio for AB III.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Ok kids that'll do

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

Timotheus wrote:I know that post wasn't directed at me but:
If they spend all that time working on the album I wouldn't mind waiting 2 more years.
One album per 3 year is a really good formula. But there's a really big difference between rushing the album in 1-2 months or disapearing into the studio for a year. Blackbird is my favourite album for a reason.
I'm glad Myles is touring with Slash. I've seen them live, and I'm a huge fan, so I'm not complaining. But Alter Bridge is my favourite band and secretly (or not so secretly) I would love them to spend more time on recording albums.
I agree with this. With all the different project going on it's harder for the guys to tour more places, because they simply don't have the time for it.
It's perfectly possible to play the classics and keep your playlist interesting for everybody. I really don't think this is too much to ask. And yes, if they played Shed My Skin for the first time in 6(?) years I would be all over that crappy youtube video (I think we all would).
I don't want them to sound exactly like they do on the album. I want them to experiment with their sound live. I love what they did with I Know It Hurts in Wembley, and White Knuckles is a live favourite for a reason. And to be honest, I don't really mind if they speed up a bit.
This :lol

I sometimes complain about the band, because I care about them. This is the message board of the band after all. Anybody that spends some time on here knows I love the band to death. :)
Only quoting so Timo's response stays alive! Epic

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Der_Metzgermeister wrote: Oh, and a full world tour for each album, don't forget Bumfuck, Alabama though, or there will be a thread about it.
Hey, I grew up in Bumfuck!
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.