Marcos
Achilles

Slash and Myles live in RIO NOW!!! Link

Post by Marcos »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Slash and Myles live in RIO NOW!!! Link

Post by anguyen92 »

Is it me, or is there smoke in the background where Fitz is at or is it just the way his hair is moving?

Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Post by Anyccka »

Fitzy uses fan as usual - and if your picture is just as bad as mine, then his flowing hair may resemble smoke

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Rocket Queen!

And right before Back from Cali, the crowd was chanting "Myles! Myles! Myles!"

Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Post by Anyccka »

What do you think - some special surprise for South American leg of the Tour?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It keeps buffering here :(

Oh well, maybe it's for the best.. I just watched a 2.5 hour long dvd of John Mayer and I'm freaking tired. Hope the guys are doing well, but I'm sure they are ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Anyccka wrote:What do you think - some special surprise for South American leg of the Tour?
I don't think so, as Creed is in Jakarta and they're only coming to Brazil in two weeks from now. :(

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Myles is killing it! And Slash is on fire.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, at least he did not kick the flag like Jericho did back in May that got him suspended.

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

http://multishow.globo.com/musica/notic ... e-Janeiro/

For those who missed it last night, the show is up here to watch again.

If you're curious as to what the site says, I don't speak Portuguese, so Marcos will be able to translate better, but a rough attempt would be:

Even though Slash has released his second solo album, the majority of the people in the arena wore Guns n Roses tshirts, showing that people here still have good memories of the Californian band. Slash's riffs and solos formed just as big a part of that band's success as Axl's voice today and 20 years ago.

Accompanied by a band led by Alter Bridge's Myles Kennedy, Slash got on stage at 21:35 for 2 hours of traditional hard rock. Opening with the heavy Halo from Apocalyptic Love, Slash already showed that he was in better condition than his ex-band mate and quick to move out of their shadow. Next he gave all the Guns fans in the arena a blast from the past with Night Train, the first moment of madness of the night.

The show was constructed by Slash going through the phases of his musical career, balancing classics from Guns n Roses' seminal album Appetite For Destruction with lesser known cuts such as Been There Lately from Slash's Snakepit. During Rocket Queen, we enjoyed the first long solo of the night, which the audience enjoyed for 5 minutes between quiet admiration and adulated screams.

Closer to the end of the show, Slash played the most famous song from their new album, You're A Lie, a direct rock track that showed that all is still alive and well in the genre: Slash is still writing riffs every bit as good as the Guns ones. Sweet Child o' Mine came next, to huge screams from the crowd.

Before playing Velvet Revolver's Slither, Slash made a tribute to the Brazilian audience by wrapping himself in a Brazil flag with the logo of Flamengo (a football team from the area), much to the delight of all the audience, fans of Flamengo or not.

Never turning back on himself, Slash is proving that at least physically he is in better shape than Axl, running around the stage without a shirt, without the belly of his former colleague. To close the show, two more from Guns n Roses, Welcome to the Jungle, sung by the bassist Todd Kerns, and Paradise City, the only song where the Rio (Carioca is the word for someone from Rio) audience showed some of the aggression of traditional Guns shows.

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

http://multishow.globo.com/musica/notic ... e-Janeiro/

Here is a link to the whole show.

It is pretty freaking amazing.

One of the coolest parts I saw was at the 18 minute mark in part 2, the crowd starts singing the chorus of Not for Me, really really cool. Apparently they turned the audience down significantly on the feed, because people who were there said at times it was so loud you couldn't hear the band!

Myles sings this show like a man possessed. He went for all the big notes and was totally pumped up out there.

Love how much energy some of these shows have seemed to have. These guys just never seem to mail it in.