One Day Remains - 20th Anniversary Content

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

One Day Remains - 20th Anniversary Content

Post by Addicted To Pain »

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-dWtVnOKq- ... Y1d3NsNQ==

GUYS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

As Tim promised last year, we are getting some special content for the 20th anniversary of One Day Remains. The first thing will be the original demo of Broken Wings.

Here we go!
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: One Day Remains - 20th Anniversary Content

Post by Mr. Slash »

oh yeah

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

No idea Mark had long hair in 2003.

Excited for the extra content tho.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Schulzy
Loyal Follower

Post by Schulzy »

I am excited to see/hear this!
I'm walking the Black Road

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I believe it was the right idea to re-write the bridge. The intro/outro riff of the album version was quite out of place in the middle of the demo

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:27 am I believe it was the right idea to re-write the bridge. The intro/outro riff of the album version was quite out of place in the middle of the demo
Agreed, it's a great bookend to the song and interrupts the energy building into that final chorus.

Really cool they're releasing this stuff, especially as this was the song that got me into the band.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, that was a time capsule of the past. Obviously, they made the right move moving that part from the bridge as part of the intro in the official version.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

20 years ago, feels like it may as well have been last week. Damn.

The day the album came out I went with my late father to Best Buy to get my first laptop for my freshman year of college. It was a stupidly expensive laptop and a huge purchase. I was way more excited about the $12 item I left the store with. (And rightfully so, that laptop is long gone.)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Myles had such an amazing voice back then... He sang like every note mattered. I often wonder if I listened to his voice so many times that it kinda burned out on me, but listening to this... Absolutely not.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

I’m so glad that they have so much footage from the early days.

Did you guys noticed there’s a song called ‘Tomorrow’ on the board? and there’s the ‘On My Way Now’ we all know

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Whitebird wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:25 pm I’m so glad that they have so much footage from the early days.

Did you guys noticed there’s a song called ‘Tomorrow’ on the board? and there’s the ‘On My Way Now’ we all know
Yeah I noticed that, I'm assuming it's the original title of Solace as that isn't there and it's a word in the chorus.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:20 pm Myles had such an amazing voice back then... He sang like every note mattered. I often wonder if I listened to his voice so many times that it kinda burned out on me, but listening to this... Absolutely not.
True. There was some energy to his singing you can't really find on the newer stuff anymore. I believe the transition to his cleaner singing style began with Apocalyptic Love where he was like permanently singing in his high register.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Release the Tremonti cut!

Post by zazthespaz »

I was kind of hoping for a surprise solo after the bridge (intro), felt like a perfect lead up to one. Glad the way the song turned out in comparison but this was neat to hear!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:37 pm
Timotheus wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:20 pm Myles had such an amazing voice back then... He sang like every note mattered. I often wonder if I listened to his voice so many times that it kinda burned out on me, but listening to this... Absolutely not.
True. There was some energy to his singing you can't really find on the newer stuff anymore. I believe the transition to his cleaner singing style began with Apocalyptic Love where he was like permanently singing in his high register.
I miss it too but he did the right thing when he made the choice to conserve and govern his voice / vocals. I blew my falsetto out once and it was gone for 15 years. Myles' "pedal to the metal" days were amazing but not sustainable. I'm glad we got to experience it at all.

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

scarecrow wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:27 pm I miss it too but he did the right thing when he made the choice to conserve and govern his voice / vocals. I blew my falsetto out once and it was gone for 15 years. Myles' "pedal to the metal" days were amazing but not sustainable. I'm glad we got to experience it at all.
How exactly do you sing without "pedaling to the metal" all the time? I am not vocally trained enough to know how, so I just sing with my full voice.

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

It was really nice to hear their first recording "together". Even better was the old footage.

But where are the Mark-sung demos???

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

scarecrow wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:27 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:37 pm
I miss it too but he did the right thing when he made the choice to conserve and govern his voice / vocals. I blew my falsetto out once and it was gone for 15 years. Myles' "pedal to the metal" days were amazing but not sustainable. I'm glad we got to experience it at all.
I agree. Then on the other hand there is Corey Taylor who somehow is able to pull off his style since the 90s. I suppose singing is a very individual thing

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Addicted To Pain wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:52 pm
scarecrow wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:27 pm I miss it too but he did the right thing when he made the choice to conserve and govern his voice / vocals. I blew my falsetto out once and it was gone for 15 years. Myles' "pedal to the metal" days were amazing but not sustainable. I'm glad we got to experience it at all.
How exactly do you sing without "pedaling to the metal" all the time? I am not vocally trained enough to know how, so I just sing with my full voice.
It's hard to explain. I've seen Myles give a pretty good account of taking vocal lessons and learning to sing with proper technique that's much less of a strain on the vocal chords. Having taken vocals lessons and being a singer myself, I can say definitively that the voice is kind of a mysterious instrument and requires a lot of tlc.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

-----I think sometimes singers will sing and hit all the notes but kind of half ass it. So they just put in half as much effort. They aren't going full throttle all the time. Which maybe includes singing a little quieter and not yelling. But that's just my take on it.

-----How did you blow out your falsetto? Were u in a band singing lots of songs or something?