Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by Vaux »

And to throw some more fuel on that fire -

About 2 months ago - Scott Stapp played a gig at Sea World.... in Orlando.

Get ready for some Creed, folks

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I want Alter Bridge to commit more doing things as a band, but if this upcoming US tour is the final tour of the album cycle, I wish they did more, but I'm content with seeing them three times this tour, with a four show upcoming and all those shows were fun shows with fun vibes and great people to be around.

On the other hand, it's been 11 years since Creed have played a show and this current hiatus has been longer than the first hiatus which lasted roughly 6 years. Who knows. Maybe, age and reflection of life post-COVID has led Mark, Flip, Brian, and Stapp to think, maybe the time is right for Creed to come back with purpose and do things that is fulfilling under this entity (not just do it for the money and bigger crowds).

If they do a show in FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine or Greek Theater in LA, I'll probably be there. Probably be in a nosebleed seat as a closer seat would be too expensive. Just won't have the same vibes as an AB show where I can just get a 2nd row spot up close if I get in line early enough, but that's all right.

Anywho, if they do return, I hope for good music and non-contentious or non-passive aggressive vibes for Creed. I don't want any vibes where we go, "This is a waste of time for everyone, especially for Mark, Flip, and Brian." As for Myles if AB does go on pause while this is happening, I want him to do more solo shows!!! Or even open for Creed as a solo act, that would be neat. No one would need to play any AB songs. Myles can play his solo stuff for 40 min. Creed can do their headlining set and maybe have Myles as a guest spot playing something like Hunger Strike. No bad vibes or insecurity. All good vibes. That's all I'm asking for.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think the general assumption for a while was the album Mark was going to record in April was Sinatra 2.0, but he referred to it as a secret project, and I’m not sure why future Sinatra albums would be very secretive now that the first one is out. Seems like there isn’t a need for secrecy for future music with that collaboration.

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of it being Creed related, but I wouldn’t use the Facebook profile picture update as a main source of validity for it. I’m pretty sure that page updated photos a few years ago and these same kind of questions were asked then too.

Yeah I just looked it up and they changed to a photo of the band in June 2020 and a lot of commenters assumed it meant they were doing something then too.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Vaux wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:15 pm And to throw some more fuel on that fire -

About 2 months ago - Scott Stapp played a gig at Sea World.... in Orlando.

Get ready for some Creed, folks
Sometime in 2020 or 2021, Stapp was in Orlando for a week. He posted it on his story but I just wrote it off as a vacation. Maybe they've been sanding this record down for a few years.

I'm telling you, I will be beyond annoyed if Mark just made a follow up Sinatra album. Lol I'll love it guaranteed but talk about musical blue balls

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I think your balls are going to get some relief.

I think the story kind of broke back in January,

https://www.alternativenation.net/creed ... our-rumor/

if you remember, there was some drama then - it's probably when they agreed, and decided to finish the record and do what they were going to do. Stapp was in town, played a one off gig at Sea World - This probably means Elvis produced too, which is not ideal for that old school Creed sound but I'll take it.

And then - last night, there was this: I asked Michael Tremonti on Twitter about the Creed rumors and if he knew anything and could "Show us a sign" - he liked the post and posted the musical note sheet for "Show Me A Sign" :lol

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Vaux, if this doesn't happen now I'm never forgiving you

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

:lol Hey I am hoping right along with you! It's an awful lot of coincidence if it's not happening. Fingers crossed!

tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Post by tgriffith1992 »

Their website is also suddenly locked behind a password.

I'm not saying there's a fire, but an awful lot of smoke...

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Baskette and Kurzweg were producing the record together initially. Wes Scantlin of Puddle of Mudd recently said that Kurzweg is working again and he'a producing the new PoM record. Sooo.... perhaps.....
If it turns out to be the Sinatra record I'm changing my username to Mr. Freeze.

Yo, does Them Bones still get on here? He'd love this right now

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

I got out my Weathered 2002 shirt for this...

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Devil Inside You wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:25 pm If it turns out to be the Sinatra record I'm changing my username to Mr. Freeze.

Check out 10:13 here. Interview from 3 weeks back - Mark talks about playing a Sinatra show a month earlier in Nashville, and he goes on to mention a fellow who runs the Sinatra family business telling Mark at that show to reach out to him when it's time for Sinatra Volume 2. With the way he tells that story, it would be a surprise if Vol 2 is already recorded.

:headscratch

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Also he says he was in nashville at the time, which isin't all that strange except... Stapp lives in nashville as well

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

And the NHL draft was in Nashville last month and Stapp also sang Higher during an intermission of a Predators playoff game a few years back. What a coincidence as well. I just want to get whatever announcement that's going to happen out of the way and react accordingly (which I apologize, in advance, may be irrational).

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

quick google search... typically best time to do a press release is mon-thursday from 10 am to 2 pm.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

saw this on facebook

https://fb.watch/lIO74FTMpa/

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

TremontiFan4Life wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:14 am saw this on facebook

https://fb.watch/lIO74FTMpa/
Good cause. But kind of a let down if that's all the news we're going to get.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Speaking as someone who's followed everything Mark has ever done, starting in 1999:

I believe at the very least that Creed is now tentatively in everyone's plans for some point in the next few years. I obviously don't know what that means (could be anything from a simple greatest hits-style reunion tour to putting out previously unreleased things to a full-time reunion plus a new album) but I said all along that Mark wasn't dodging the question of a possible reunion. It was truly a matter of timing.

Also, very good point at another Sinatra record being referred to as a "secret record." That would be kind of strange.

Another thing: I believe (and have a hunch that Mark believes) Marching In Time was Tremonti at its best. And yet it didn't really make a dent anywhere. (This is to take nothing away from it - it's arguably my favorite record he's ever been involved in.) If any of his projects were to be pushed back or take a backseat, it'd have be that, right? The Sinatra project is AMAZING for so many reasons and I hope it goes on indefinitely. Alter Bridge, maybe they could use a bit longer of a break. The 3-year cycle may be getting to them, or to Myles, and it's time for a shakeup.

Once this AB tour wraps up, it will be (for my money) the time where revisiting Creed actually makes CREATIVE sense for the first time since 2004. I have a feeling there's definitely a lot more nostalgia in the air than there was in 2009, but I'd hope that wouldn't be the motivating factor. Despite my deeply mixed feelings about Stapp, I genuinely hope and think he's in a good place and from what I can tell he's really taking care of his voice.

One final note: as much as Creed gets lumped in with Nickelback and a bunch of other much-maligned bands, I think that their catalog has aged *significantly* better than their contemporaries'. None of the misogynistic bullshit that Chad Kroeger and Josh Todd and others built their careers on. Stapp has certainly had his issues but nothing that can't be chalked up to substance and mental health issues. For those, I empathize with him now more than ever.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:47 amAnywho, if they do return, I hope for good music and non-contentious or non-passive aggressive vibes for Creed. I don't want any vibes where we go, "This is a waste of time for everyone, especially for Mark, Flip, and Brian." As for Myles if AB does go on pause while this is happening, I want him to do more solo shows!!! Or even open for Creed as a solo act, that would be neat. No one would need to play any AB songs. Myles can play his solo stuff for 40 min. Creed can do their headlining set and maybe have Myles as a guest spot playing something like Hunger Strike. No bad vibes or insecurity. All good vibes. That's all I'm asking for.
Good vibes might be too much to ask (although I agree with your post), but at least professional vibes. They don't have to be friends (now that I'm in a serious band I finally get this part of it) but there does need to be grace, goodwill, and mutual respect.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Bad news for the hype. Apparently the guy who manages the socials for Alter Bridge and Creed is named Tim Tournier and he's essentially admitted he just changed Creed's profile pic and cover photo to keep Creed's socials in the algorithm. Apparently his dad just died and that's why he hasn't actually made some formal post about the buzz it generated but he admitted being confused as to why people are getting so excited for a pfp change.

On one end, I'm glad its not Stapp doing this stuff as I was worried Stapp was just desperately trying to generate buzz for Creed. Condolences for the loss of his dad but man, what a meaningless and annoying thing to do. Creed has no reason to be in the algorithms unless they're doing something. This guy has zero business making any posts not related to Stapp or Mark's solo career under Creed's socials.

As for the actual announcement, I can see why this project had to be secretive! Mark collaborating with Slash! What a truly novel, unbelievable concept!

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Devil Inside You wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:53 pm Bad news for the hype. Apparently the guy who manages the socials for Alter Bridge and Creed is named Tim Tournier and he's essentially admitted he just changed Creed's profile pic and cover photo to keep Creed's socials in the algorithm. Apparently his dad just died and that's why he hasn't actually made some formal post about the buzz it generated but he admitted being confused as to why people are getting so excited for a pfp change.
not trying to stir things but it doesn't explain the creed site being behind a password