Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Marching In Time

Post by DCooper727 »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:24 pm Holy shit on the mixing though.

I'm gonna ask, despite most likely knowing the answer. How bad is it?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

DCooper727 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:41 pm
Timotheus wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:24 pm Holy shit on the mixing though.

I'm gonna ask, despite most likely knowing the answer. How bad is it?
I prefer listening to the song on my phone than on my headphones. Let's just keep it at that, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

I initially thought that had to be a new low, but The Last Hero album was like that for me in a lot of spots.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Definitely takes a few listens to digest. I didn't know what to think first listen, I felt like I had just listened to 5 different songs mashed into one. About the fourth listen though, I started getting those goosebumps. Stuff started clicking, and I have to say I really appreciate this song, especially since I've been guiding a one year old through all this mess in the world. Love the lyrics and it's quite the musical journey. Ryan had some nice drumming on this one too. Fun little side note: Mark has a lyric about sifting through the ashes, similar to Myles' lyrics on his solo album, which is all more interesting being that they both shared the "those who fear with suffer twice" lyric on their other solo albums. If I'm remembering correctly at least.
Lastly, I usually don't speak about the mix too much, but do yourself a favor and listen to this at lower volume (I have a Samsung phone and I had the volume set all the way up to before you get the "volume warning"). I've found Elvis' mixes sound so much better at this level. Unfortunately for me, I like to have my ear drums murdered and everything sounds more mushed together the higher you turn the volume up. There's some nice little intricacies though, during the breakdown there is this subtle mortal kombat-esk synth that's pretty cool. Overall great song!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Sorry 1 more thing, Mark has once again leveled up his singing. When I saw him talk in an interview about practicing singing at his kids soccer practice and stuff, I knew we were in for some new vocal treats from Mark. Hasn't disappointed so far.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

That song is great.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:22 pm According to a YouTube comment I read on the offical music video for INFY, Someone who has Deezer mentioned the album shows that Marching In Time (the song obvi) should be available August 3rd?

11 DAYS TO GO IF TRUE
I guess that ended up being correct.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Oh man, that's delightful. All the chills when he sings the chorus low and quiet followed by a the full thing. Love the long, drum-filled outro too.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Okay so I'm just gonna admit right off the bat, I was desperate enough to hear the song that some YouTuber did a reaction video to the song and it wasnt blocked so I heard the full song through his reaction video since he didnt pause it :/ :lol And my initial impressions of the song are...

* I like the finger-picked intro :rockon
* Marks vocals are just insane, I cant ever say enough how much I love Marks tone and in this track he really sounds amazing. He's definitely improving them with each release. :cloud9 :mtrocks
* The melodies through the song are all pleasing to the ear :lol
* THAT CHORUS! :cloud9 :mtrocks :rockon
* Interesting riffage before/in the bridge, didnt last as long as I would have liked but it was a nice change of pace.
* THE POST RIFFAGE VOCAL TONE OMG MARK PLZ SING MORE LIKE THIS :cloud9 :mtrocks
* I dont know why but that solo tone/style sounds so different than anything I would have expected from Mark but I was pleasantly surprised by it. Liked that it was a bit more extensive than most of his solo's these days. Didn't feel rushed or too short. Prefer it to INFY's
* THE DRUMMING IN THE OUTRO :cloud9 Ryan's drumming throughout the whole track was superb but the outro was a nice treat :peace
* For a 7.5 minute song it doesnt drag on at all and it flows very well IMO. It goes by at the speed of like a 5 minute song :lol
* Really enjoyed the lyrical content of the song.
* Didnt really get a chance to hear Tanner's bass but that could be the lesser sound-quality through the reaction video/my laptop speakers :lol :/ But I dont doubt it was great!

In terms of where it sits with title tracks...

Marching In Time
A Dying Machine
Dust
All I Was
Cauterize

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

And of course as soon as I listen to the reaction video, the auto-generated YouTube video is finally made available in my region :lol Listening to that now without a reactors commentary to interfere :lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Not really convinced after the first listen. Would have been a great Alter Bridge song with Myles on vocals tho.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Damn, I'm not hyped at all after the first two songs

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:18 am Not really convinced after the first listen. Would have been a great Alter Bridge song with Myles on vocals tho.
I love the song but I do agree on this. Would be an amazing AB song.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Remarkable, still no Walmart and Bestbuy exclusives. There will be a CD-version with the bonustrack eventually. Perhaps a Japanese version ?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I really like that new drummer.
He's creative and his drumming doesn't sound flat. I'm convinced he'll be the star of the new album.

Aside from that, this new song is OK, but the band is clearly running in circles. Between Tremonti, Creed and Alter Bridge, how many of those epics ave we already heard since 2007? Most of them have the same vibe and structure, and I could predict which part I was going to hear next on my very first listen.
I'm pretty sure Elvis asked Mark yet again for another Blackbird (as he probably did with Myles on the Ides of March album).

Lastly, I'm surprised by the lack of metal riffs on those two new songs.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

So many lives marching in time,
Move to the beat of the old and the blind,
Under the skin, hollow within
Sift through the ashes we've all left behind,

Oh please promise me
I'd do anything

I'd do anything

Don't let this cold world change you
Don't ever go astray, and don't you
Fail to keep on giving
Don't fail to show your strength... No
Like so many lives marching in time

Never let go, hold onto hope
Know in your heart that you'll never be alone
I know you will see if you believe
The more that you give, then the less you'll ever need

Oh please promise me
You're my everything

Don't ever go astray, and don't you
Fail to keep on giving
Don't fail to show your strength, no
Like so many lives marching in time

Don't ever forget
This worlds not claimed you yet and all you've come to be so go in peace
So am I
I'm worn and I'm tired
Take your life
And go and thrive

Don't ever go astray and don't you
Fail to keep on giving
Don't ever lose your strength, no...
Don't ever go astray and don't you
Fail to keep on giving
Don't fail to show your strength... no

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I have listened to the song three times now and I have a few thoughts on it

1. Vocally, Mark sounds incredible. I am always impressed with his vocal growth as a lead singer between records.

2. I wish I could hear more of Tanner's bass and E-Rock's backing vocals. (something like Open your Eyes or Before Tomorrow Comes)

3. Lyrically, this might be my favorite Tremonti song. It hit me on such an emotional level that I got a little choked up.

I'll get a bit personal here. Life has been really difficult for me lately. In the last few weeks, my grandmother had a heart attack, my dog almost died, i lost my job, my mom might be having more health issues, an old friend of mine passed away from alcoholism and one of my best friends just told me he is moving out of state within the next three weeks. I have taken antidepressants for a few years now and lately I've been just severely depressed and I just feel like life has really been kicking my ass. I'm not looking for attention or anything, just giving you an idea of where I've been mentally.

The lyrics of this song really reminded me of how important it is to stay strong and to keep pushing and even somewhat that I'm not alone. It may sound corny, but these lyrics really hit me like a ton of bricks this morning.

Particularly when he sings :
Never let go, hold on to hope
Know in your heart that you'll never be alone
I know you will see if you believe
The more that you give then the less you'll ever need
Oh please promise me
You're my everything

4. The 'epic' songs that these guys do, the 5-7 minute songs on almost every album don't feel as important as they used to when they're on EVERY album, but this one is special to me personally. However, I understand the notion of the 'epic' songs being somewhat forced onto these albums as tiresome. I remember when Cauterize came out, Mark said something along the lines of Elvis telling him to "write another Blackbird" and I just don't think you can force that. These types of songs need to naturally come together to really create that magic.
Thanks Andy!

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Micky wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:53 am I'll get a bit personal here. Life has been really difficult for me lately. In the last few weeks, my grandmother had a heart attack, my dog almost died, i lost my job, my mom might be having more health issues, an old friend of mine passed away from alcoholism and one of my best friends just told me he is moving out of state within the next three weeks. I have taken antidepressants for a few years now and lately I've been just severely depressed and I just feel like life has really been kicking my ass. I'm not looking for attention or anything, just giving you an idea of where I've been mentally.

The lyrics of this song really reminded me of how important it is to stay strong and to keep pushing and even somewhat that I'm not alone. It may sound corny, but these lyrics really hit me like a ton of bricks this morning.
I know you're not looking for attention, but I still wanted to thank you for sharing this. Much respect for mental health openness and love how music can make such a difference. :cheers

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:18 am Not really convinced after the first listen. Would have been a great Alter Bridge song with Myles on vocals tho.
To be honest, I always think Tremonti songs are better than AB's ones. I wouldn't replace Mark's voice for Myles' on these songs.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

SHEAKENBAKEN