The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Micky
On The Rail

better late then never

Post by Micky »

zazisaspaz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:04 pm Happy belated birthday, MickyBobby!! :hug
Thanks Sumsum! So happy you're a part of my life!
TayUmSwift wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:57 pm Side note; Happy belated birthday, Micky!
Thanks T-Swizzle!

Also @Max, If you ever want to talk, feel free to reach out to me. I'm always here for someone to vent.
Thanks Andy!

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Twins for the wins

Post by zazisaspaz »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:15 pm
zazisaspaz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:04 pm MickyBobby
I can't believe you said that - Bobby texted me while I was driving today and it made me think of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and made me wonder why I/we never call him MickyBobby! Are we related?!
Pretty sure I’ve called him this before. Maybe you just didn’t think of it that way because we sometimes wrote it Micky/Bobby instead of MickyBobby. MickyBobby it shall remain.
*just like Kevin and LBdubs hehehe who else wants a nickname?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Twins for the wins

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazisaspaz wrote: who else wants a nickname?
Me! :wave

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Me too.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:23 pm
Sheababayy! Obvs.
Just in case people don’t already call you this, it’s pronounced the same way that people say, “ay baby” like “ay baybayy” but with a sh at the beginning. I’m sure this all made sense.
maximzub wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:46 pm
Me too.
Haha! Okay, but give me a little while to get to know you better before I commit to anything.
Pleasure to meet you :wave

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by MaraCarr »

:wave I would like a nickname!

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Why am I like this? :facepalm

Post by zazisaspaz »

MaraCarr wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:45 pm :wave I would like a nickname!
During mafia I always called you “Sweet Mara” in my head haha so either that, Sweet Mar, or MarsBar. If MarsBar becomes a thing, don’t be surprised if I also refer to you as crumpet. (Mars Bars and Crumpets is from a book we read when I was 8 called “Maniac Magee.” This is how my brain works haha.)

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Re: better late then never

Post by TayUmSwift »

Micky wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 pm Thanks T-Swizzle!
You're just a damn Bacon, nothing more, nothing less lmao

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Fast, American, hot, & not very economic

Post by gbruin »

Vettegirl.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: this post brought to you by: ExpressVPN

Post by zazthespaz »

TayUmSwift wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:07 am
Micky wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 pm Thanks T-Swizzle!
You're just a damn Bacon, nothing more, nothing less lmao
It's infuriating to me as a mod that I have no idea who you are, even knowing your ip address/general location :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Too long; Read anyway

Post by gbruin »

Micky wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:40 pm
Your interactions don’t have to be strictly AB, but man you took it TOO FAR. Period. If I were to message Grace right now and say “hey, max shared your Instagram handle on a message board and sent strangers your conversations about his “nightmare”” what do you think her reaction would be?

Seriously dude, think about your actions. I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to be a teenager these days but for Christ’s sake, you need to chill before Grace decides to take legal action.

One of the worst days in TABN history? No. One of the most important because I hope from this point forward you realize how your actions will effect yourself and those around you. You're as old as the boards themselves are, humble yourself kid.
Max, what Micky said in his comment above is really really key. I hope you realize that pretty much everyone here is aghast at the way you are handling these things. I think you ought to take a step back and ask why that is. Are we all a bunch of heartless jerks and you're the lone one who is right? Or could it be that all these people from all these different backgrounds and different ages and different viewpoints unanimously think you could be doing things better and maybe there's a reason you're the odd man out?

I will cut you some slack because you're still 17, right? And I know that's a really weird age, especially in today's social media ruled, immediate gratification, moving boundaries sort of society. But I'll offer that I have a unique point of view having been a weirdo angsty and pretty impatient teenager in my days (and having a thousand regrets still because of it), and now having two semi weirdo angsty and pretty impatient teenagers of my own to raise, and finally from being an ER doc where I see troubled teens in varying degrees of crisis every shift. We are all subject to our own physiologic vulnerabilities, but teens even more so. I get it. It's a big ass challenge.

Some neurophysiology...the frontal lobes of the brain are where our higher executive functions reside, i.e., is this the right or wrong thing to do, social and behavioral patterns, basically the things that make someone a good guy or a bad guy. And it's well defined that the frontal lobes are the last part of the brains to develop and mature fully and form lasting axonal connections with other behavior controlling parts of the brain to exert their influence. This process typically begins to become prominent in middle/later teens for women and late teens/early20s for men. Obviously this varies from person to person, but to a degree, some of your impulsivity and poor decisions are a product of your age and gender and inability to analyze your circumstances and do the right thing. It doesn't make it ok, but it partly explains why you are prone to these mistakes. Teen guys don't have great tools to handle all the range of emotions and complicated issues that the world presents smack dab in your face every day, not to mention what your own hormones and imagination present every day as well. It's a lot to balance, and plenty of adults struggle with it every day, too. But since you are already prone to not being able to make good decisions, then you need to seek support from those who can help you get through these times until you are better able to handle them on your own. And that might include parents or other adults in your circle, a trusted teacher or counsellor at school, maybe a mentor like a music teacher or someone from a club or church if that's your thing, friends on a music forum, and seriously a professional is honestly a fantastic option. Ignore BS stigmas, teen psychologists and psychiatrists are almost always great people. Just get someone to help you with these decisions. Life will be an endless series of ups and downs. The goal is to maximize the ups and minimize the downs.

We like you, Max. We don't like your behavior - and those are two very different things. I hope you really appreciate that a lot of good people here have taken the time to tell you that you need to do things differently. If they didn't care, they wouldn't even mention it.
Last edited by gbruin on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Max, I've been in your shoes before. A long long time ago and I can tell you this. There comes a point where you need to give your friend space. Now you can do it graciously and no harm no foul, or the relationship with deteriorate where you spend the next 3 years being passive aggressive with each other and no one ends up happy.

Then, you see each other again after two years, have a few months of good times, and you guys end up realizing why you guys could not get along in the way you think you would, in the first place. I will admit that it was sad for me to not understand that back then compared to the now, but in the now, I'm willing to admit that I'm a piece of garbage that understands that there was no way that me and someone I've knew for 15 years would get along nowadays. I think that I'm sure both of us are having good lives. It's just not with each other's presence and that's ok. Life happens that way. Having a good support system over common interests like this forum helps cope with that reality. Now what do you want out of this and what does she want out of this in light of this awkwardness and how can you guys approach this as adults to be? Decide that amongst yourselves and good luck.

On a more positive note, I got the ticket to see Daughtry/Sevendust/Tremonti in LA!!!!! It was $52.00 for a GA spot. I've paid that amount for Skillet and Sevendust with Pop Evil opening in 2019. This upcoming bill is similar when it comes to the bands I've followed for about 15 years, but I get to see Tremonti live, finally!

I'm one step closer to filling about the bingo card of seeing current AB-related bands like. I've been AB (7 times), Slash & Myles, Myles solo, and now Tremonti. Now I'm only missing Projected and Creed, but Projected doesn't tour and I don't really care much about Creed, but wouldn't mind getting a below face value ticket if they come to SoCal.

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:41 pm It's infuriating to me as a mod that I have no idea who you are, even knowing your ip address/general location :lol
(:

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:41 pmIt's infuriating to me as a mod that I have no idea who you are, even knowing your ip address/general location :lol
Wow zaz, I thought it was pretty clear to everyone that it's Taylor Swift. :shifty

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:34 pm Max, I've been in your shoes before. A long long time ago and I can tell you this. There comes a point where you need to give your friend space. Now you can do it graciously and no harm no foul, or the relationship with deteriorate where you spend the next 3 years being passive aggressive with each other and no one ends up happy.

Then, you see each other again after two years, have a few months of good times, and you guys end up realizing why you guys could not get along in the way you think you would, in the first place. I will admit that it was sad for me to not understand that back then compared to the now, but in the now, I'm willing to admit that I'm a piece of garbage that understands that there was no way that me and someone I've knew for 15 years would get along nowadays. I think that I'm sure both of us are having good lives. It's just not with each other's presence and that's ok. Life happens that way. Having a good support system over common interests like this forum helps cope with that reality. Now what do you want out of this and what does she want out of this in light of this awkwardness and how can you guys approach this as adults to be? Decide that amongst yourselves and good luck.
GRACEiously? :cheers

Just because of circumstances, we basically can't avoid each other completely. So it comes down to taking the awkwardness at its root and stopping it. I'm sure we'll be fine after that in time. I don't think it's gonna end up like you described, where we end up not seeing each other for a long time.

Kev and Greg, thanks for all your support.

I just realized, the name of Grace's duo with her sister is Kevin & Greg.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Fast, American, hot, & not very economic

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:21 pm
Vettegirl.
I bought a Camaro…. My friend and I’m so in love… she is my metal baby! I’m mid life crisis and empty nester. She is fully loaded and Sexy as I wanna be! I would love the Vette but I should probably work my way up! She is phenomenal!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

No one wants that name

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:50 am
gbruin wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:21 pm
Vettegirl.
I bought a Camaro…. My friend and I’m so in love… she is my metal baby! I’m mid life crisis and empty nester. She is fully loaded and Sexy as I wanna be! I would love the Vette but I should probably work my way up! She is phenomenal!
Hmm, a Camaro? Well, we can't call you Cam cuz that just sounds dumb. :shifty

Ryan approves highly of your car choice, btw.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: No one wants that name

Post by Timotheus »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:21 pm Hmm, a Camaro? Well, we can't call you Cam cuz that just sounds dumb. :shifty
Lol, that's not even a real name.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

CaMara, surely?

Although I also like Crumpet.
For all of the hope that it brings...

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Ubik wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:25 pm CaMara, surely?

Although I also like Crumpet.

Well I guess CaMARA it is!...I Love it! I love the car too! as Bob Ross would say..."SO MUCH!" . :hug
Last edited by MaraCarr on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.