Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Re: Marching In Time

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

benjoAB wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:27 am I’m getting some Breaking Benjamin vibes with the intro and the continuous guitar riff throughout. Also whenever it fades out and comes back in, very BB sounding, not a bad thing!
That was my initial thought, sounds very BB. It also kind of reminds me of a darker/ more moody Unable To See in that second verse, the way the heavy guitars come in. I agree with the comments before me, that it definitely sounds like it comes off ADM record though. Loving the single though!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I get some Providence vibes. I like how we get tricked into a final chorus at the end like it slows down for a half second like we are gonna get a break then nope explodes into the final chorus.

Hope everyone had a great day jamming and digesting this track. I know I did. Very happy with it. Favorite band in the world, the Tremonti Project.
:peace :peace :peace

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I love it! I got my car delivered today! Drove it 80 mph on I75 for about 140 miles… Listening to TREMONTI, on loop along with AC/DC, TESLA and GNR! It was such a satisfying experience. I loved every milli-second of it! I had such a beautiful day! Epic! Can’t wait to do it again! :cloud9

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Lots of debate over the sound but I can see both sides. Elements of two previous eras combined. Mixing and mastering is shit but we all knew that going in.

Erik Must Go On
Brand New Start

Post by Erik Must Go On »

I was thinking this was a solid track for Tremonti but when that outro solo came in, that ticked it up a category for me! Loving this song and will over play it to death I'm sure up until the next single/album drop.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I really like the song, but as his opening single, it speaks to where Tremonti (the band) is living these days. Tremonti began as Mark's speed metal outlet, but he's always staying true to his love for melody above all else. Hence, we get more of these more mainstreamy songs that sound less like Celtic Frost and Slayer and more like...Alter Bridge.

Mark has become a great vocalist. But if Myles sang this, it would be one of the best AB songs since ABIII.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

I do like Eric's vocal contribution to the song. I sometimes wonder whether he could add something to Alter Bridge, even if it's only as a touring member.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:40 pm I do like Eric's vocal contribution to the song. I sometimes wonder whether he could add something to Alter Bridge, even if it's only as a touring member.
He has always added really nice background vox, so maybe he could play keyboards for them? There are probably economic issues that drive those decisions more than anything, though.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:40 pm I do like Eric's vocal contribution to the song. I sometimes wonder whether he could add something to Alter Bridge, even if it's only as a touring member.
Eric is probably one of the best rock musicians who never made it as lead musician. I always liked his backing vocals and also his guitar playing. But then, he also is somewhat stuck in his bluesrock type guitar playing. I don't know but I always had the impression that he could be so much more than just a touring guitarist for Creed or the rhythm guitarist for Tremonti.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

According to a YouTube comment I read on the offical music video for INFY, Someone who has Deezer mentioned the album shows that Marching In Time (the song obvi) should be available August 3rd?

11 DAYS TO GO IF TRUE

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

https://youtu.be/QYTu-ZAU-ss

"The bass is just thumping as fuck" Lol.

Cool reaction video.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I have to say that after several hundred repeats of this song…. I’ve noticed that the first thunderstorm never gets old! I love sitting at red lights in my amazingly beautiful car and listening to the first thunder in this song! It catches fire every time!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:22 pm According to a YouTube comment I read on the offical music video for INFY, Someone who has Deezer mentioned the album shows that Marching In Time (the song obvi) should be available August 3rd?

11 DAYS TO GO IF TRUE
My Apple Music shows Under the Sun as the next release. The only songs that are “downloaded” are INFY and Under the Sun. Guess we’ll see!!

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

Just listened to the single. Yeah...it's alright.

Personally I don't find it all that interesting. I think most of the tracks on A Dying Machine were better.

The new drummer seems pretty solid though. And I'm definitely a fan of that solo at the end! But overall it just sounds a bit...boring compared to some of the other stuff Mark has written recently.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I gave it a brief listen and I liked what I heard. The first part of the song actually gave me an STP vibe though that went away pretty quickly.

I really prefer to hear songs in the context of the album it comes from though, so I probably won't listen again until the album is out.

I'm very open minded about how artists write from album to album... I don't mind at all if an artist changes styles provided the music is still interesting to me.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

By the way. I think it's really interesting that the first chorus basically begins right after the intro. Quite unusual for AB/Tremonti where many songs have the same standard scheme with a long first verse before the chorus. That's pretty much modern pop/rock song writing in "If Not For You".

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The intro is basically the first verse, just with different dynamics.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Not huge on the song. The solo doesn't do anything for me either. It feels like just a bunch of ideas comped together.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Gosh, I can't stop thinking about how good of a person / friend Baskette must be for the gang to keep putting up with these sonics. There's a MUCH cooler, more aurally pleasing version of this song out there somewhere. :/

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I said this around the time Walk The Sky came out and Mark was talking about John Carpenter a lot - he totally should collaborate with John and / or John's son Cody. John's live show is AWESOME, they absolutely kill it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ii2z03stPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3_QOVaBA98