The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by maximzub »

You might know I play at an Open Jam at a bar close to where I live. I was there tonight, and somebody was playing part of The Last Hero album on the speakers. So I heard This Side Of Fate again, You Will Be Remembered and Twilight for the first time, and I got to jam out to Crows On A Wire!
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I have two questions.

1. I have a talent for editing live recordings together into one concert to make it sound like the band is playing a specific setlist. I just did that with my dream Alter Bridge setlist. Does anybody want to check it to see if I made any mistakes (i.e. rough transitions that don't sound realistic for an actual concert)? I will need your email to send the file over.
2. Does anybody want to have me do that for their dream setlist? Just take this Google Form: https://forms.gle/FH8W48pNohmhmHhy7
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I have to say, I have personally never had a lot of interest in live music, usually preferring album versions of songs (except if at an actual live show of course).

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

If case Alter Bridge would be performing on Wrestlemania for Edge's entrance, we would already know, right?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Blackbirddd wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:44 pm If case Alter Bridge would be performing on Wrestlemania for Edge's entrance, we would already know, right?
At this point, yes, if there was any indication that AB is going to play Metalingus, we would have heard it by now. Since we haven't, it's probably not going to happen. Myles is on the other side of the country. No point trying to have him travel to Tampa in COVID conditions just for Wrestlemania (although, if everyone in AB wants to plan out something else while everyone is in Florida at the same time, I wouldn't oppose it).

Edit: Speaking of Edge, he, once again, talked briefly of how Metalingus become his theme song among other topics when he had an interview with Loudwire.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I loved the opening. Nita playing the Anthem.. another incredible story, down to earth and loving woman. She is beautiful and genuine...beautiful heart!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I fiddling around in Spotify and looking at the Artist radio playlist under AB and I'm just like, "Ughhhh," at the bands in this playlist they are suggesting for AB fans to listen to if they like AB. Nothing wrong with these bands by itself, but most of these bands are like have they done anything decent since the 00s like Cold, Saliva, Crossfade, 12 Stones, Trapt, etc? This playlist doesn't even mentioned Sevendust. It's like this playlist is tailoring to the ODR era rather than the AB III era onwards.

Also for kicks, I look at the Artist Radio Playlist for Tremonti to see if anything changes. Maybe something along the lines of Trivium or A7X since it's more metal? Wrong, similar style band suggestions to AB. With the radio playlist for Myles solo stuff, you get less of the outdated 00s post-grunge band and stuff like Halestorm, BSC, Slash, Velvet Revolver, and Sixx: A.M. Perfectly acceptable bands, if this was the AB radio playlist..... Gov't Mule or Allman Brothers probably fit well with a Myles Kennedy radio playlist.

Spotify needs to sort that algorithm out, man.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Why won't you click my links?

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 am So I fiddling around in Spotify and looking at the Artist radio playlist under AB and I'm just like, "Ughhhh," at the bands in this playlist they are suggesting for AB fans to listen to if they like AB. Nothing wrong with these bands by itself, but most of these bands are like have they done anything decent since the 00s like Cold, Saliva, Crossfade, 12 Stones, Trapt, etc? This playlist doesn't even mentioned Sevendust. It's like this playlist is tailoring to the ODR era rather than the AB III era onwards.

Also for kicks, I look at the Artist Radio Playlist for Tremonti to see if anything changes. Maybe something along the lines of Trivium or A7X since it's more metal? Wrong, similar style band suggestions to AB. With the radio playlist for Myles solo stuff, you get less of the outdated 00s post-grunge band and stuff like Halestorm, BSC, Slash, Velvet Revolver, and Sixx: A.M. Perfectly acceptable bands, if this was the AB radio playlist..... Gov't Mule or Allman Brothers probably fit well with a Myles Kennedy radio playlist.

Spotify needs to sort that algorithm out, man.
Are we looking at the same list? https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9d ... GmNEhBzdmi I don't see any of the artists you mention, I think most of the artists on this list are ones AB has toured with. I wonder if it is giving us different radio playlists based on our preferences.

Side note, I discovered someone created an Alter Bridge Podcast. Didn't listen to it (because I'm supposed to be writing a school paper right now) so someone else bite that bullet for me and let me know if it's any good. https://open.spotify.com/show/3U5ggbp2l ... a9283740c7 (Open Your Ears podcast for anyone who doesn't click the link)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Perhaps. Still in that link you mentioned, they still have a few old Rev Theory, Cold, Saliva, Crossfade, Puddle of Mudd songs. It's like Spotify's algorithm pegs AB in that 00s Post-Grunge bubble that they aren't really a part of nowadays. It's not like it's tailored to having songs from the 10s as often.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Sevendust Live concert tonight with special guest! I bought a ticket. Go to Instagram homepage click the link. There is also a raffle for a Tremonti PRS!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Soooo I was searching on YT for live performances of ODR where the guitar does not sound like a mess. Sadly, I did not find what I was looking for, but instead I found this video from 2011 with Wolfgang Van Halen on the drums and Eric Friedman on the guitar. Quite interesting, especially because Wolfie seemed a little nervous. He messed up the intro and his overall timing was a little bit off.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 pm Soooo I was searching on YT for live performances of ODR where the guitar does not sound like a mess. Sadly, I did not find what I was looking for, but instead I found this video from 2011 with Wolfgang Van Halen on the drums and Eric Friedman on the guitar. Quite interesting, especially because Wolfie seemed a little nervous. He messed up the intro and his overall timing was a little bit off.

I think one of the "big" TABN users was there.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:25 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 pm Soooo I was searching on YT for live performances of ODR where the guitar does not sound like a mess. Sadly, I did not find what I was looking for, but instead I found this video from 2011 with Wolfgang Van Halen on the drums and Eric Friedman on the guitar. Quite interesting, especially because Wolfie seemed a little nervous. He messed up the intro and his overall timing was a little bit off.

I think one of the "big" TABN users was there.
I'm pretty sure Ryan, one of our mods, was there. I was not. I had some personal issues that needed to be taken care of that year in 2011 that prevented me from going to any shows that year.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Is Myles singing another song? lol

This one reminds me how much I used to hate his excess of "talk singing" over the songs.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

George wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:12 pm

This one reminds me how much I used to hate his excess of "talk singing" over the songs.
everything is kinda bad in this performance despite brian

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:50 pm
George wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:12 pm

everything is kinda bad in this performance despite brian
So true. This is probably the worst AB performance I've ever seen. Myles is terrible here. He's not even trying. The guy is capable of singing with a 4 octave range and has years of experience under his belt and he just kind of talks the lyrics and sings at the lowest register that the song was initially NOT written in. Even Marks vocals are better. I would've been disappointed if I had paid to see that.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I know this next thought would not make the performance better per say, but it's always good to have context. One, this was 2011. Sure, the band was making some waves on both sides of the ocean in getting bigger visibility and being more promising tours, but performance-wise...... I don't know what was going on during that AB III tour. A mixture of everyone being burned out from a touring stance in 2010 (Mark/Flip/Brian with Creed and Myles with Slash) and playing way too fast for their good.

Two, prior to this show, they performed Isolation in the afternoon for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Imagine having to go from Burbank to West Hollywood in LA traffic in the afternoon..... and have their crew carry their gear and set up everything in a short period of time to make sure everything sound-wise seems fine. Yeah...... Again, that does not excuse the fact that the performance was lackluster, but it's always good to keep context in mind. They have made some significant (not perfect) strides since 2013 and I can say that in the 6 times I've seen them in 2019-2020, I think they were playing as great as they can be. Just don't be on Mark's side on the rail, you won't hear Myles' guitar at all.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I thought I heard in the video Myles saying something about things being too loud. He might have been having trouble hearing his own vocals from the monitors due to other instruments being too loud. That can make singing very difficult. You naturally want to sing louder yourself to hear yourself better and it starts wearing your voice out. So, the singing issue could have stemmed from technical problems.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

davidstvz wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:17 am I thought I heard in the video Myles saying something about things being too loud. He might have been having trouble hearing his own vocals from the monitors due to other instruments being too loud. That can make singing very difficult. You naturally want to sing louder yourself to hear yourself better and it starts wearing your voice out. So, the singing issue could have stemmed from technical problems.
i would give you this if him talking his lyrics was not a one time thing

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Maybe AB is often too loud. I mean, a full rockband tends to be a very loud thing and in small enclosed venues, controlling all the sound that's bouncing around isn't an easy task.

But yeah whatever the cause, he seems extremely reluctant to hit any of the highs that he hits on the album substituting lower notes in the same scales, cutting off long notes short and stopping singing altogether for really high notes to let the crowd sing instead. I can understand doing a little of that to save your voice, but the song loses more and more of its basic appeal the more he does it.