TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Any questions or comments about The Alter Bridge Nation website and forums can be posted here.
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Post by Ryan »

gbruin wrote:Wha...ME?? Ohhhhhhh, my gosh! I can't believe it! What were the odds of that?

Speech? Did someone say speech? Really? No one? Well, fine, I'LL say it...Speech!

Ok, a speech it is!

(steps up to podium)

Wow! You like me! You really like me!

(Huh...what's that abw? Really? This wasn't voted on? You mean they don't like me? Damn. Then how did I win this? Your computer? Really? Huh. Is it a Mac, at least? Ah, never mind.)

Ahem...I want to thank my agent, my director, my makeup artist. Especially the makeup artist! Thanks to the crappy coders at the last site that forced us to move to this new one. Thanks to my loving wife, this one is for you, babe. (hold for applause as camera gets great cleavage shot).

But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music, for being a place where I have met both in the virtual world and in the actual real face to face world some of the coolest people I know, and for being a place where I can share my love and appreciation for my favorite band, Alter Bridge, a band that really helped me out when things were pretty da...(Background music begins to rise)
Wait, I'm not done with my speech!
(music rises more)
HEY, I HAVE MORE TO SAY!!!
(music gets really loud...BREAD OF SHAME!! Michael Tremonti ushers me off stage)

(offstage): Wow. That was a whirlwind. That didn't seem like 15 minutes. Well, abw, do I at least get to go to the after party? Oh, I see. The after party doesn't have anything scheduled in Colorado. No. Of course it doesn't.
Greg, here is your backstage pass:
Photobucket cash grab.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Greg's my fave (does blushing cheeky grin)

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

abw1987 wrote:The password is password.
SSSSHHHHH DONT TELL THEM ALL!!!!! :facepalm

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I'd totally go there.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:Wha...ME?? Ohhhhhhh, my gosh! I can't believe it! What were the odds of that?

Speech? Did someone say speech? Really? No one? Well, fine, I'LL say it...Speech!

Ok, a speech it is!

(steps up to podium)

Wow! You like me! You really like me!

(Huh...what's that abw? Really? This wasn't voted on? You mean they don't like me? Damn. Then how did I win this? Your computer? Really? Huh. Is it a Mac, at least? Ah, never mind.)

Ahem...I want to thank my agent, my director, my makeup artist. Especially the makeup artist! Thanks to the crappy coders at the last site that forced us to move to this new one. Thanks to my loving wife, this one is for you, babe. (hold for applause as camera gets great cleavage shot).

But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music, for being a place where I have met both in the virtual world and in the actual real face to face world some of the coolest people I know, and for being a place where I can share my love and appreciation for my favorite band, Alter Bridge, a band that really helped me out when things were pretty da...(Background music begins to rise)
Wait, I'm not done with my speech!
(music rises more)
HEY, I HAVE MORE TO SAY!!!
(music gets really loud...BREAD OF SHAME!! Michael Tremonti ushers me off stage)

(offstage): Wow. That was a whirlwind. That didn't seem like 15 minutes. Well, abw, do I at least get to go to the after party? Oh, I see. The after party doesn't have anything scheduled in Colorado. No. Of course it doesn't.
:bow :bow :bow
Bravo sir bravo! Although when the music started playing, you forgot to say, "Music already?! I've been doing this for 5 years! I'm not Justin Fucking Beiber!" (could use Josiah's name there to stay relevant) I hope you win more for future speeches!

/Back to random crap and yellling at Jim
Jim wrote:
abw1987 wrote:The password is password.
SSSSHHHHH DONT TELL THEM ALL!!!!! :facepalm
IT'S NOT LIKE I WOULD EVEN GO THERE SINCE YOU'RE THERE, JIMMMMM. :pout
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Damn straight you wouldnt, bitch

#KnowYourRole

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

And by the way, just as Proof (!), I told Alex on FB that as I said before the drawing, I'm declining the $50 prize. The community here donated, so I want the money to stay with the community.

I suggested (though ultimately it is their decision) that the mods keep it for next time they have to pay the rent here, or that they get some merch to use for contests here to build up the buzz around TABN when AB starts writing and hype around the band builds back up and this place starts hopping again around the holidays and into next year. Either option benefits TABN and us as a group, so I felt that would be best.

Peace, friends.
AB 4 Life
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Thank you Greg! It shall stay safely in the PayPal account, and we do appreciate it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Much appreciated brother

Everyone else, take notes.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Absolutely! Greg, you are an absolute pearl.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And it's in style too!

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:And by the way, just as Proof (!), I told Alex on FB that as I said before the drawing, I'm declining the $50 prize. The community here donated, so I want the money to stay with the community.

I suggested (though ultimately it is their decision) that the mods keep it for next time they have to pay the rent here, or that they get some merch to use for contests here to build up the buzz around TABN when AB starts writing and hype around the band builds back up and this place starts hopping again around the holidays and into next year. Either option benefits TABN and us as a group, so I felt that would be best.

Peace, friends.
AB 4 Life
You had to take the high road... Now when I win next year I'll be held to the same standard... Rrg.

But in all seriousness thanks Greg! I think the merch option is a good idea at least to go towards prototypes or giveaways. The "Cameron <3 Alter Bridge iPad fund" is always an option too.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

When I grow up, I want to be like Greg :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

gbruin wrote:And by the way, just as Proof (!), I told Alex on FB that as I said before the drawing, I'm declining the $50 prize. The community here donated, so I want the money to stay with the community.

Peace, friends.
AB 4 Life
:cheers

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

gbruin wrote:But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music.
quote of the year!!!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

axlar wrote:
gbruin wrote:But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music.
quote of the year!!!
Lol so true huh!? Love this guy

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Jim wrote:
axlar wrote:
quote of the year!!!
Lol so true huh!? Love this guy
Hereby nominated for the next round of awards!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.