The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

MaraCarr wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Anything special happen over the last two days?
I have a new contract in Phenix City Alabama! The compensation is awesome and they are providing me with a luxury apartment including furniture and dishes! :) I’m praying all goes well!
Oooooo. Sounds nice. With all that's going on in hospitals, it's a great feeling when something like this opportunity happens.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Well they tried to kill me on my last contract. I had 70 patients. I’m exhausted and still have two days to go before I’m done!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: That last paragraph was not sarcastic.

Post by zazthespaz »

MaraCarr wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
MaraCarr wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Banned. All of you.
Fine! I’ll just go.. Be Well.. and Goodbye. ❤️ Hugs and Thank you!
I shall direct you to Kev's quote in my signature as my response :lol
(jk, don't leave!)
anguyen92 wrote:I am quite amused on how you guys are using my post, yesterday, as a signature.
It was a "Kev's coming in hot" moment that couldn't be missed. Also, fantastic slogan if you ever decide to run for office!
I was kidding too. Love you guys too much to leave! Your family! Hugs!!! I’m an Asshole sometimes...
:lol you're good! I assume everyone here is 100% sarcastic. Like when Timo says he's Belgian for instance.
MaraCarr wrote:Well they tried to kill me on my last contract. I had 70 patients. I’m exhausted and still have two days to go before I’m done!
Holy shit - good for you! Thank you for taking on that load and sticking with it! Hope AZ treats you well. Good luck, hope this surge dies down soon!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Just Shea Venting

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I've been in my new house and new neighborhood for just under 20 days and I'm still afraid to go out and venture the area on my own cause I dont know the neighborhood streets or how the buses operate here (stop times, route, etc). Ive been looking online for people in the area around my age and so far I've had little to no luck. I've seen maybe less than 20 young people total in this whole area and thats only when out shopping or at restaurants or something. The rest are all 50 and over.

Because I still havent been able to develop an understanding of the surrounding neighborhood, I haven't been able to go on as many runs either (missed about 10 days worth of runs since moving) and thats put a real damper on my mood as well.

I also still have no desire to look for a new job in this area because its just not developed enough for my liking. But I know the grocery store here is hiring.

The only positive that has come from this move is I've taken the time to develop an internet in learning how to cook, but that requires going to the grocery store like 3 times a week to get ingredients for the dishes I want to make and I can only do that when my parents drive me there because I dont know the bus schedules yet. I only know theres like 4 bus stops between my house and the store :lol

It also just really fucking blows being 2 hrs away from my friends and extended family so I dont know when I'll ever see them again. Especially cause of the pandemic.

Life sucks right now.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

What's there to be afraid of? The busses drive on the same side of the road, gravity's still relatively the same. Wear an extra sweater if you want to look bigger.

Go outside, take a bus, find a good running location. 90% of your problems can be solved by doing minimal tasks. You'll feel better about completing those tasks, which will motivate you to tackle the harder ones, like finding a job.

I'm sorry it feels like life sucks right now. It will get better for you, I truly believe that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Looked into any local running groups? I know running can be more of a thing you prefer alone, I'm like that, but could be a way to get to know the area and some people.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Looked into any local running groups? I know running can be more of a thing you prefer alone, I'm like that, but could be a way to get to know the area and some people.
From a quick look at things, there doesnt appear to be any local running groups :lol :/
Timotheus wrote:What's there to be afraid of? The busses drive on the same side of the road, gravity's still relatively the same. Wear an extra sweater if you want to look bigger.

Go outside, take a bus, find a good running location. 90% of your problems can be solved by doing minimal tasks. You'll feel better about completing those tasks, which will motivate you to tackle the harder ones, like finding a job.

I'm sorry it feels like life sucks right now. It will get better for you, I truly believe that.
Stop using logic, Timo. :smashcomp :lol :/

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or you just get so lost that you are forced to run home and make up for lost time in doing so.

Post by zazthespaz »

Just get lost some day. Take an adventure and learn what’s around you, the pieces will quickly fall into place about how things operate and you’ll be running like normal in no time (literally).
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Ubik wrote:Looked into any local running groups? I know running can be more of a thing you prefer alone, I'm like that, but could be a way to get to know the area and some people.
From a quick look at things, there doesnt appear to be any local running groups :lol :/
Timotheus wrote:What's there to be afraid of? The busses drive on the same side of the road, gravity's still relatively the same. Wear an extra sweater if you want to look bigger.

Stop using logic, Timo. :smashcomp :lol :/
There are virtual running groups. The app “Runkeeper” allows you to connect with people... it’s free unless you want premium. It shows stats and maps and allows you to comment. I love it! I have people that I’m friends with that enjoy running. It also motivates me when I Am on the couch. It will notify me when someone completes a run. I’m competitive so It makes me go do a run!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, guys. I need some help with some lunch plans.

I'm contemplating either getting a Clam Chowder bread bowl with half a BLT sandwich from one place or a Calzone with some Sausage rolls from another place. What should I go with? Both restaurants are virtually the same price.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, guys. I need some help with some lunch plans.

I'm contemplating either getting a Clam Chowder bread bowl with half a BLT sandwich from one place or a Calzone with some Sausage rolls from another place. What should I go with? Both restaurants are virtually the same price.
Dont get either and just make yourself some lunch at home instead :D

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

That's nice and all, but I got a coupon where I can get $7.00 off any pickup order on Grubhub if I order $10.00+ worth of food and has an expiration date. Can't waste that.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:That's nice and all, but I got a coupon where I can get $7.00 off any pickup order on Grubhub if I order $10.00+ worth of food and has an expiration date. Can't waste that.
Waste it anyways! Do it! Make lunch at home! :D :yes :peace :dance :rockon :headbang

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Clams

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Wait, clam chowder is real? I thought it was a joke from the Simpsons.
MaraCarr wrote:

Clams
Calzone!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Ok I got my daughter the new 12 pro max Iphone. It’s very thick but has an amazing camera and other new features. I have a 7 plus right now but holding and playing with the new 12 Pro has me wanting one for myself. I dropped mine twice during the concert a few weeks ago.. cracked my screen up... it’s insured so there is a guy coming out to fix it. If I trade it in after it’s fixed I might get a discount. I got 700 dollars for my daughters iPhone 8 Plus. In exchange for the 12 pro.

What do you think? Stay with 7 plus or go for the 12 pro?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know jack about phones. Also, I'm frugal, so I always go with the "if it isn't broke, don't buy anything new."
Ubik wrote:Wait, clam chowder is real? I thought it was a joke from the Simpsons.
Yeah, it's real. I had a bread bowl when I went to San Francisco during the weekend before the AB concerts in the West Coast.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Kev - I'm frugal

Also Kev - I'm going to eat chowder out of a bowl literally made of bread

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's honestly not that expensive. The sandwich/soup combo I might get is going to cost me about $13.50 (tax included) and that's not even factoring in the coupon I got.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

That looks so good! Panera?