The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Nope, wait. I did make those rules.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Happy National Gurthie Day!
Can I also get a National Day? :D
I think you have to claim to save us all and then get permabanned. I don’t make the rules. More than happy to help though!
I will save you all!

your move zaz

please dont actually permaban or ban me k thnx

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Please respond with "aye" or "nay"

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Happy National Gurthie Day!
Can I also get a National Day? :D
I think you have to claim to save us all and then get permabanned. I don’t make the rules. More than happy to help though!
I will save you all!

your move zaz

please dont actually permaban or ban me k thnx
All in favor of temp ban?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Please respond with "aye" or "nay"

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:All in favor of temp ban?
Nay.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

I will say nay. Only because we have so few people coming in this thread nowadays.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Unless everyone says it's really nice and they request a week or two.

Post by zazthespaz »

Oh it'll only be for a day or so. Two tops.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

2/3rds of a US holiday.

Post by gbruin »

Nay. Nae. It rhymes with Shae.

Give him his due with a Canada Day.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re:

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

well, zaz. Looks like you're outnumbered 3-1. No ban for me :D Thanks Greg and Kev for your support :yes

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: guess you guys don’t like days off from work.

Post by zazthespaz »

The nays have it. National Shea Day shall not be a TABN recognized holiday.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Over the past year, there was a channel on YouTube I watched called "Unus Annus" (which is translated to "One Year" in Latin) and the reason for the channel was the two creators who teamed up together (plus their countless crew behind the scenes obvi) were gonna set out to have 1 new video uploaded to the channel every day for 365 days.

It started November 15th 2019 I believe and ended up ending on November 14th, 2020 at 12 Midnight PST, where they ended the channel live on screen at the end of a 12 hour live stream looking back on the history of the channel, featuring guests from past videos that year, etc... I watched about 11 hours total of the livestream that day, only taking breaks for food and bathroom. But I was there for the deletion of the channel, and It's so weird to only have the memories left of the videos they made with no way to go back and watch them anymore. I felt kind of empty inside at the end of the stream when the screen went black and a message popped up saying the channel had been deleted. You spend an entire year watching a channel on YouTube with uploads at 12 Noon every day like clockwork and then to all of a sudden have that gone from your life sure feels weird. :lol

I'm happy I was there from the first video to be able to experience the whole journey with the fandom from beginning to end, though. And I guess that's another point the channel wanted to make was to enjoy the experience that is your life, before its over.

I think the message they really wanted to convey with the channel is that nothing in life lasts forever, that death is an inevitability for everyone, and to not fear it, but to embrace its truth and live your life to the fullest before its over because you cant take your memories or your experiences with you when you die. So they created the channel to convey that message as much as possible by making content and creating memories with the intention to delete it all at the end. They had two recurring slogans they liked to use which was "Unus Annus" and "Memento Mori" at the end of each video which really drove the point home :lol

As a person who struggles with their fear of mortality and the fact that I will be dead eventually, I think the channel and its message actually might have made an impact on me and my mindset towards wanting to go out and experience new things before I die. So I guess their channels purpose worked :lol :/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Also, that's a really good gimmick to collect all those sweet, monetised views.

What did they actually talk about in the normal vids? Outside of the meta angle.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Coming to Youtube: Shea and Cam's one year channel!

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote:Also, that's a really good gimmick to collect all those sweet, monetised views.

What did they actually talk about in the normal vids? Outside of the meta angle.
:lol

It was pretty cheesy stuff. Competitions between friends and kind of goofing off in general. It was a cool concept and I watched a lot of the videos at the start of the year, but it got too silly for me as time passed. If they could apply the concept to themes like The Buried Life (show where they toured the country crossing things off their bucket list) I think that would be something really special.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Also, that's a really good gimmick to collect all those sweet, monetised views.

They averaged about 1 million views minimum a video just to get that out there, idk how much money they probably made though.

Well to give an idea of the kind of video ideas they came up with over the course of the channels lifespan, here are some varied video titles and a description of them to show you just how varied the content was/how stupid they could be :lol

Cooking With Sex Toys (literally making a meal with sex toys turned into kitchen equipment)
Mark and Ethan Go Casket Shopping (they bought a casket they used as a prop for their channel meta)
This Is What Being Tased Feels Like (they got tased in a professional environment)
Who's Cutting Onions In Here (literally them just cutting onions for 20 mins and talking, while the onion fumes make their eyes water)
Pee Sauna (they used a portable sauna device and put their own pee in it to cause the steam to be pee steam and sat in the sauna)
Pee Soda (they used a soda stream device and put their own pee in it and drank some of it)
Everything's Legal If You're Dead (they cooked with different sex toys again almost a year later from the first time they did)

the rest of the video titles are listed here if you wanted to just take a look I guess:
https://markiplier.fandom.com/wiki/List ... Unus_Annus

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Christ alive they did a 2 girls 1 cup retrospective :lol

Glad you got something out of it, Shea! Does sound a great concept but I think I'd have bailed out like zaz, so good job for sticking through to the end. Inspired you to do anything? Just as long as it doesn't involve cups.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Wait, so they cooked with sex toys twice, but drank pee only once? Strange.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: wtf happens in Belgium?!

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote:Wait, so they cooked with sex toys twice, but drank pee only once? Strange.
Well, they also used it as fluid for a sauna and tested a water filtration system on pee (it still tasted like pee). More importantly, starting to wonder about you... :headscratch :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The usual Belgian stuff. Yesterday was waffles day, today was beer day. Tomorrow is chocolates day... /jk

I'm just way over my head with work and studying. All's going really well, it's just ridiculously busy. Could be a lot worse during these times, so not complaining.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Finally, Spotify gave me a discount where it's 3 months of Premium for $9.99 (instead of it being $9.99 a month). There's only so much McDonald's ads that I can handle.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Although "Kev 2020 - eff you" is probably a little better IMO

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote:
MaraCarr wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Banned. All of you.
Fine! I’ll just go.. Be Well.. and Goodbye. ❤️ Hugs and Thank you!
I shall direct you to Kev's quote in my signature as my response :lol
(jk, don't leave!)
anguyen92 wrote:I am quite amused on how you guys are using my post, yesterday, as a signature.
It was a "Kev's coming in hot" moment that couldn't be missed. Also, fantastic slogan if you ever decide to run for office!
I was kidding too. Love you guys too much to leave! Your family! Hugs!!! I’m an Asshole sometimes...

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Although "Kev 2020 - eff you" is probably a little better IMO

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote:
MaraCarr wrote: Love you guys was just playing along! I’ve been having a hard time since my dad died. I miss him very much. My uncle died last week of a massive heart attack. He and my dad were very close so we have suffered two very dear people crossing over at the same time! I’m ok but just trying to process everything!

zazthespaz wrote:Banned. All of you.
Fine! I’ll just go.. Be Well.. and Goodbye. ❤️ Hugs and Thank you!
I shall direct you to Kev's quote in my signature as my response :lol
(jk, don't leave!)
anguyen92 wrote:I am quite amused on how you guys are using my post, yesterday, as a signature.
It was a "Kev's coming in hot" moment that couldn't be missed. Also, fantastic slogan if you ever decide to run for office!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Timotheus wrote:Anything special happen over the last two days?
I have a new contract in Phenix City Alabama! The compensation is awesome and they are providing me with a luxury apartment including furniture and dishes! :) I’m praying all goes well!