The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: What a fucking hypocrite.

Post by Ubik »

gbruin wrote:An iconic leader in US civil rights passes away.

And the epitome of what she fought so hard against is going to disgrace our system by blatantly abusing his position to replace hers.

Our country is just about dead.
It's painful to watch over here, I can't imagine what it must be like for you guys.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Timotheus »

I'm not saying Biden is perfect, and I don't approve of everything Obama has done, but at least I'm able to say that. Hold the politicians you support to higher standards. Because when they're openly showing this amount of hypocrisy and you support them anyway, all for the sake of winning against the other "team", what does that say about you and your "team"?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It's a collective failure

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote:
gbruin wrote:An iconic leader in US civil rights passes away.

And the epitome of what she fought so hard against is going to disgrace our system by blatantly abusing his position to replace hers.

Our country is just about dead.
It's painful to watch over here, I can't imagine what it must be like for you guys.
I have a coworker who likes to say, "You get the government you deserve" (he often substitutes "health care" or "civil rights" or "media" for "government"). And sadly, he's right. I fucking hate the president for being a disgusting person, the opposite of a leader, and a generally poor politician, and I am embarrassed by the morons who blindly and hypocritically defend everything he does. But at the same time, I feel shame and guilt because the rest of us, through weakness or laziness or apathy or inability, have allowed this happen. 1930s Germany had its Nazis and it had normal people that didn't do enough to oppose them. It's the same now. As much as I can blame those who support him, I also have to bear responsibility for not stopping it.

We know a majority of the population here, and the overwhelming majority throughout the world, don't support the man and his administration. The last 2 elections and the continuing polls consistently show this. Yet there he is in the most important office in the land while he and his cronies wreck the pillars of our Constitution and flaunt our traditions whenever it suits them. But this is a country where the loudest voice wins, and those that support decency and compassion and tolerance and respect and real democracy aren't making enough noise. RBG was a booming voice for so many who had none of their own, but the government is already conspiring to ensure that no one fills her shoes. We have too many people here who are satisfied by mindless reality TV, feel informed and educated through internet memes, and embrace conspiracies and fringe nonsense because it's easier than facing the harder truths. We have slept and allowed this to happen. Thus, we deserve this. And that is very very sad.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The closer I get to the realization that in a little over a month and a half that I wont be living in the same house anymore is scaring me! :lol I hate that all of a sudden I'm being forced to face reality that I have to grow up and become comfortable with being independent sooner than I had hoped! :lol My parents bought a place in a more retirement-friendly location with an older population and I dont think there's gonna be much over there for a youngin' like me so now I gotta focus on starting to get my life together to become independent! :( :/ :S :no :eek

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Fly! Fly away, little bird!

Post by gbruin »

You'll find that you're more than capable, Shea. And what you don't know (like how to fix the stuck diaphragm in my sprinkler system right now...argh!) is that there is a YouTube video to answer any questions that come up.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

to wit...

Post by gbruin »

Sit down, Les Paul. Here's the perfect guitar for the heavy music fan, literally.

There ya go, Shea. How to make microwave popcorn in your new digs is gonna be easy.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Sweet, now show me where to buy a sizable SSD Drive for under $100.00 and while you're at it, show me how to install it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: zaz 4 most helpful mod 2020

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:Sweet, now show me where to buy a sizable SSD Drive for under $100.00 and while you're at it, show me how to install it.
https://www.staples.com/Seagate-STEA200 ... gK1D_D_BwE

Install directions: Plug one end of a USB cable into the drive. Plug the other end into your computer. Download drivers at Seagate.com/drivers and run install program.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Where’d you all go? You don’t have friends...

Post by zazthespaz »

I can only assume Kev bought that SSD and is now playing a lot of WOW nonstop because his game loads up so much quicker and that is why it’s been so long since this thread was bumped.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’m just happy consoles like PlayStation and Xbox are finally using SSDs.

Then we can all play more video games and less mafia...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Where’d you all go? You don’t have friends...

Post by anguyen92 »

zazthespaz wrote:I can only assume Kev bought that SSD and is now playing a lot of WOW nonstop because his game loads up so much quicker and that is why it’s been so long since this thread was bumped.
Well, you were right about one thing. I've been playing WoW a lot. However, I've been reading a lot of manga and stuff on Webtoons in between. I didn't get that SSD drive. I just decided to forget about that idea until I notice that I cannot play WoW in my computer's current state and will round back to it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: points to whoever knows what show that is.

Post by zazthespaz »

Holy shit two weeks and nobody has anything random to talk about?! What good is this pandemic if everyone is at home and has nothing random to say?! Andy, quit sending me your rewrites to Blackbird (Beatles) and start posting them here instead. I think we broke the record for "longest time not posted in TR on TABN."

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Well not much is really going on with me that I havent already mentioned on here in some capacity as of late :shrug :lol

I started listening to Disturbed again :rockon
I packed up most of my bedroom already for when we move :no
My last day of work was last Friday the 16th :/
I've been sitting around at home dreading having to move :mope
I did VR gaming for the first time ever with a friend at a local VR arcade and also helped another friend assemble IKEA furniture in their new place on the weekend so that was fun :D
I'm still going on runs through the park every other day :dance
I just finished playing the new Doom: Eternal DLC that came out this morning :headbang
Still obsessed with playing Among Us and watching YouTubers play it. :lol
This upcoming weekend Im going drinking with my friends and plan on getting hammered because fuck moving! :lol :beer :cheers

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Blackboard crashing in the dead of night,
Take these broken links and learn to cry,
All your life,
You were only waiting for your homework to arrive.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: It's not hentai is it?!

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:Well, you could have said something or joked about me getting into Webtoons.
I don't have anything going on and I'm not gonna make fun about your interests! Especially when I have no idea what Webtoons is. Is it any good?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: It's not hentai is it?!

Post by anguyen92 »

zazthespaz wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Well, you could have said something or joked about me getting into Webtoons.
I don't have anything going on and I'm not gonna make fun about your interests! Especially when I have no idea what Webtoons is. Is it any good?
It's all right. It's like colored manga/comic books. Been following this series. It's a good laugh.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/comedy/just ... 651&page=1

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Bringing back the Tabbies just to give him one.

Post by zazthespaz »

If nobody else has noticed Devil Inside You's avatar, it's a gem. download/file.php?avatar=1818_1602724110.jpg

(edit: that says download file - it's not, it's a link to his profile page. Here's a link to his latest post if you're uncomfortable with that last link: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1572&p=215179#p215179)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm not comfortable with a mod posting unknown links on here.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

I used Braingle to make zaz = sus

Post by Andy92 »

zaz is sus