Walk The Sky 2.0

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
merces
Brand New Start

Walk The Sky 2.0

Post by merces »

I recently saw some information coming out in another thread, but I think this deserves it's own thread.
Today, Native Son (live) was released, I haven't heard it yet, since Spotify uploaded the normal studio version

We get 6 live songs from the album and a new studio recording ! :headbang

Oh btw, I got this screenshot from a site that already removed it, but its still available in the "Cache"

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Walk The Sky 2.0

Post by fix »

Yeah that's cool! Especially keen to hear the new track. The live audio is cool, but not really my thing in general.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Here's some links.

https://smarturl.it/WalkTheSky2.0

Also, we got a music video for Native Son. Honestly, pretty different than the videos we are used to seeing.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

Looks like Last Rites will be 4:07 per tracklength on Apple Music.

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

I just pre-order the earbook

PascalM
Brand New Start

Post by PascalM »

So is this new track something they recorded when they were recording Walk the Sky or is it something they have recorded during the lockdown periods

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

PascalM wrote:So is this new track something they recorded when they were recording Walk the Sky or is it something they have recorded during the lockdown periods
Written and recorded during the lockdown, per what I'm seeing on various articles.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I hope I can buy Last rites individually because I don't really care about live recordings and don't want to spend the full amount for a record i already own. Maybe I would if it was like 3-5 songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

What's the point of putting the studio version of Native Son on Spotify again? If they're promoting the new EP, it should have been off of it.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

If Last Rites is anything like Last of Our Kind, count me out from purchasing it. I had so many higher hopes for that track haha.

Hopefully this song isn't coming off for them as a B-side, and is actually one that they can claim as album-worthy if not a new single.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

There's a pretty decent chance I'll enjoy it more than some album tracks they've had, so I'll take whatever it is! Nice bonus to have whilst waiting for the solo albums next year.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

VigilantSteve wrote:
PascalM wrote:So is this new track something they recorded when they were recording Walk the Sky or is it something they have recorded during the lockdown periods
Written and recorded during the lockdown, per what I'm seeing on various articles.
Yup. Tim Tournier confirmed in a comment on FB that they recorded it a few weeks back.

Since no one has mentioned it, the EP will be available on November 6.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Very cool that it's a new song and not "just" a B-side!

Does anyone have a good interpretation of the Native Son video? Normally I'm good with this stuff but I have to admit, this one wasn't very clear to me (even though the animation is really cool.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Can’t remember the last time AB released a stand-alone single, it will be interesting.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

WaywardOne wrote:Very cool that it's a new song and not "just" a B-side!

Does anyone have a good interpretation of the Native Son video? Normally I'm good with this stuff but I have to admit, this one wasn't very clear to me (even though the animation is really cool.
I think it goes with the theme of the song which is the idea of trying to live and adapt to an ever-changing and unfamiliar and strange setting and the video is trying to create a visualization of it whether it is in a farm, a canyon, a desert, a city, or in space but that the most I can interpret it. As I stated before, it's pretty different than their usual performance videos and at least, it fits the theme of the song.

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

I'm sorry for take the crown live...

Sugar Blade
Bought The CDs

Post by Sugar Blade »

The real question – is this song co-written by Myles and Mark or is it made by one of them as most of the songs on the last album?

Also, I see singles and EPs as a good thing. Releasing only LPs every 2-3 years doesn't look like a sustainable business model anymore in music industry, especially in rock music. Having smaller releases between LPs is the best way to keep the momentum nowadays.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Sugar Blade wrote:The real question – is this song co-written by Myles and Mark or is it made by one of them as most of the songs on the last album?

Also, I see singles and EPs as a good thing. Releasing only LPs every 2-3 years doesn't look like a sustainable business model anymore in music industry, especially in rock music. Having smaller releases between LPs is the best way to keep the momentum nowadays.
I agree! Mastodon comes to mind! After their last record in 2017, they released an EP, a cover of Stairway to Heaven and now a b-side/rare/live compilation leading up to promoting another new album for 2020! :D

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Just noticed in the Napalm write-up, Last Rites is described as "blisteringly heavy".