The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by gbruin »

I saw that link when it was live (got it sent by Ryan), but I was at work so I couldn't look into it that deeply. It was a UK site which apparently didn't ship to the US. By the time I got home from work and went to check it out more closely, it had been taken down.

Now I'm googling "Last Rites" over and over lol
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Funny thing is that I already ordered it and paid for it as long as it was up for sale with EMP. Got my order-confirmation for the CD and coloured LP. So I wonder what will happen next. Not the first time a retailer put up Alter bridge stuff up for sale on their website before the intended presale-date.

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

Also the advert for walk the sky in the magazine before official annuncement by the band

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

anguyen92 wrote:Here's an image of the post for those that hates the Facebook Layout like I do.

I respect the fact that Tim openly said this, I for one love Walk The Sky but I prefer the less radio staple tracks from it. I however completely agree that AB isn't given credit for how amazing they are. I still believe this is partially due to the Creed connection but everyone I've introduced them to has been amazed by how great they are.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Is there no way to hear breathe b side on digital streaming? I own the CD but it’s buried in the car somewhere. No on amazon music. Not on Apple Music. Not on Pandora..... Not on Spotify.

Hard song to find and I don’t want to go Illegal

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know, on that note, I'm wondering why Live from Amsterdam and Live at Wembley isn't on Spotify (but Live at the O2 Arena and Live at Royal Albert Hall is). Is this something we have to suffer from in the DC3 debacle? I wouldn't mind listening to New Way to Live on the regular on my Spotify playlist if it's there, but it isn't.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote:You know, on that note, I'm wondering why Live from Amsterdam and Live at Wembley isn't on Spotify (but Live at the O2 Arena and Live at Royal Albert Hall is). Is this something we have to suffer from in the DC3 debacle? I wouldn't mind listening to New Way to Live on the regular on my Spotify playlist if it's there, but it isn't.
LfA and LaW are on Spotify, at least in my region. But only the CDs from it, so there's no NWTL or that Robert Johnson cover.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Yeah, I guess it may be Region-locked, because I know Spotify does not have it in California.

Anyway, here's a recent video of Myles having a conversation with Joe Bonamassa.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

anguyen92 wrote:Anyway, here's a recent video of Myles having a conversation with Joe Bonamassa.

Very cool conversation! One collab I'd love to see is Joe and Myles!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I concur. That was a nice watch.
I wish I could hear those 4 Velvet Revolver demos he recorded ...
Thanks for posting it!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

For you guitar geeks out there.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ehhh, there's not much to talk about nowadays due to this pandemic, so here's an interview from Edge talking about his love for Hard Rock/Metal. Naturally, they talked about Metalingus and AB, in general at some point, in high praise of course.

https://metalinjection.net/podcasts/squ ... eavy-metal

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I listened to Royal Albert Hall again last night, easily their best live album. Even without the orchestra, I think it’s the band’s best live recording as a group. The orchestra obviously takes it to another level, but it’s such a great album with a great set list.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I don't know where to put this, but we all have heard the news by now. If not, I'll say it here. Eddie Van Halen has passed away. I think Eddie was pretty good to the guys in AB. He watched their set in the old West Hollywood House of Blues back in 2011, I think. We all know Wolfgang was a part of Tremonti. However, I did hear that Creed did open for Van Halen back when they were starting out and Flip stated a pretty long Instagram post expanding about that.
RIP Eddie ... An absolute legend and innovator. Not only in the rock world, but the entire music industry. Back in the early Creed days we were somehow lucky enough to get to support Van Halen on a couple of shows. Madison Square Garden in NYC and The Palace in Detroit. We were pretty much in clubs and theaters at the time, so this was a gigantic step for us. My nerves were through the roof. Opening for Van Halen at MSG?!? Holy f@#k! I had to pinch myself ... We finish soundcheck at the 1st show and find Eddie and the guys hanging out on the side of the stage. They all couldn’t have been nicer. Mark talks shop with Eddie for a few minutes about his guitars and then we all head on our way while Eddie chases around an 8 year old @wolfvanhalen. It was an amazing show that night. The afternoon of the 2nd show we hear a knock at the door of our dressing room, and before we could even say “come in”, the door flies open and it’s Eddie with a guitar case in his hand. He comes in, sits on the couch, opens the case and says “here you go Mark”. It’s a brand new EVH Wolfgang model. I think we were all in shock. Eddie probably sat in our dressing room for 2 hours and talked shop. It probably took me 30 minutes to form a coherent sentence, but he was so gracious in answering all of our rookie fanboy questions, and did it all with a smile on his face. He was such a nice guy and went out of his way to be hospitable to us when he had no obligation to do so. Really made an impression on me that I’ve tried to carry forward through my career. Bless you Eddie ... may you Rest In Peace
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGBh22vBd8A ... d8v7iykvbx

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i remember stapp sharing that story as well. I remember vaguely his words. but he gave them some good advice that i dont think they followed if you see what ended up happening with creed lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Such a beautiful post by flip. I didn't even know that Creed and VH crossed their paths back then. Now we probably know how Mark came up with recruiting Wolfie for his solo band.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:Well, I don't know where to put this, but we all have heard the news by now. If not, I'll say it here. Eddie Van Halen has passed away. I think Eddie was pretty good to the guys in AB. He watched their set in the old West Hollywood House of Blues back in 2011, I think. We all know Wolfgang was a part of Tremonti. However, I did hear that Creed did open for Van Halen back when they were starting out and Flip stated a pretty long Instagram post expanding about that.
RIP Eddie ... An absolute legend and innovator. Not only in the rock world, but the entire music industry. Back in the early Creed days we were somehow lucky enough to get to support Van Halen on a couple of shows. Madison Square Garden in NYC and The Palace in Detroit. We were pretty much in clubs and theaters at the time, so this was a gigantic step for us. My nerves were through the roof. Opening for Van Halen at MSG?!? Holy f@#k! I had to pinch myself ... We finish soundcheck at the 1st show and find Eddie and the guys hanging out on the side of the stage. They all couldn’t have been nicer. Mark talks shop with Eddie for a few minutes about his guitars and then we all head on our way while Eddie chases around an 8 year old @wolfvanhalen. It was an amazing show that night. The afternoon of the 2nd show we hear a knock at the door of our dressing room, and before we could even say “come in”, the door flies open and it’s Eddie with a guitar case in his hand. He comes in, sits on the couch, opens the case and says “here you go Mark”. It’s a brand new EVH Wolfgang model. I think we were all in shock. Eddie probably sat in our dressing room for 2 hours and talked shop. It probably took me 30 minutes to form a coherent sentence, but he was so gracious in answering all of our rookie fanboy questions, and did it all with a smile on his face. He was such a nice guy and went out of his way to be hospitable to us when he had no obligation to do so. Really made an impression on me that I’ve tried to carry forward through my career. Bless you Eddie ... may you Rest In Peace
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGBh22vBd8A ... d8v7iykvbx
wow.

I'm older than most around here and I grew up with VH in Southern California. This one really really hurts.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Native Son, acoustic!

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

^^ Great find!! I followed the description on the video to the radio station's facebook page, and they have a full interview with Myles as well -- https://fb.watch/1ijAcu-YoK/
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

So Myles finally could afford a proper microphone? Nice!

That's a great video. Myles is the king of acoustic performances.