The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: WE NEED ANSWERS!!

Post by Inconquerable »

ACOUSTIC EP?!!! Come on, guys don't let me down now!!!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: And we have data to back up our claims.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
gbruin wrote:A couple of interesting nuggets from TT on FB today...

"We refocused and made something new for the fans to help keep folks entertained during all this craziness. More news on that in a bit."

"Wheels are already turning for new music from both Mark and Myles but I heard some new AB ideas - it's back to the prog epics."
I tried browsing FB to verify these for my own eyes but cant seem to find them :/ :eek
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArmyOf1 ... 1823603577

It's down in the comments.
Thanks, Greg! :cheers :D

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Here's an image of the post for those that hates the Facebook Layout like I do.

In relating to that topic of the awareness of Alter Bridge, I did all I could. I wore the same AB t-shirt (the one from the Royal Albert Hall DVD bundle with the skull) in all the concerts I've been to last year (which was around 25+ shows. I lost count). Some shows, people didn't notice or talk to me about it. Other shows (like when I saw Disturbed, Shinedown, Coheed & Cambria, Skillet & Sevendust, Papa Roach, etc.) people told me, "nice shirt, great band, I met Mark or Myles once and they are nice people to be around, "have you heard the new single?,"" The good stuff.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Which AB album did chart on #1 in the US?

Btw, I doubt that TTournier and AB actually planned to release mediocre-succesful singles on purpose.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Which AB album did chart on #1 in the US?

Btw, I doubt that TTournier and AB actually planned to release mediocre-succesful singles on purpose.
Well, it doesn't count for much these days when it comes to US charts, but Walk the Sky did make it to #1 on the Billboard Rock album charts and made it to #1 in some of sub-categories of rock.

Don't think Wouldn't You Rather or Godspeed made it to top 15 in the Active Rock charts. I don't know why, but ever since Cry of Achilles, US rock radio just has some resistance to playing AB on regular rotation in the same way that Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, FFDP, Three Days Grace, etc. are always in heavy rotation.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: Fortressy and Mainstreamy are my words. The others are Tim's.

Post by The Dissident »

gbruin wrote:A couple of interesting nuggets from TT on FB today...

"We refocused and made something new for the fans to help keep folks entertained during all this craziness. More news on that in a bit."

"Wheels are already turning for new music from both Mark and Myles but I heard some new AB ideas - it's back to the prog epics."

In my opinion...That second comment was in response to some earlier comments that AB created Walk The Sky with an ear toward building radio airplay. They got a #1 Billboard album out of it, and now the guys seem to have pivoted back toward more classic AB Fortressy styles stuff instead of the more mainstreamy WTS songs.

In my hope...the first comment means we may get some new material from the boys very soon! :rockon
Eddie Trunk had shared something on Twitter that he has heard new music from a newer band that is a surprise to fans, maybe this is what he was refering to? Either way this seems like good news!

That being said an acoustic album seems far more likely for a pandemic situation and would be amazing, since the band has so many amazing ballads/low key tracks or just songs in general that work on acoustic.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

“Back to the prog epics.”

This. Thank you. I feel like I’ve heard songs like Wouldn’t You Rather and Native Son a million times before.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

The Dissident wrote: Eddie Trunk had shared something on Twitter that he has heard new music from a newer band that is a surprise to fans, maybe this is what he was refering to? Either way this seems like good news!
I highly doubt it. AB is not a newer band. They've been around for 16 years.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

MidnightToker wrote:
The Dissident wrote: Eddie Trunk had shared something on Twitter that he has heard new music from a newer band that is a surprise to fans, maybe this is what he was refering to? Either way this seems like good news!
After visiting the Blabbermouth frontpage the other day, I strongly believe that AB is a new and fresh band. This business still seems to revolve around the same old faces like Sebastian Bach, Dee Snider or bands like Motörhead, AC/DC and STP. :facepalm

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Mr. Slash wrote:
MidnightToker wrote:
After visiting the Blabbermouth frontpage the other day, I strongly believe that AB is a new and fresh band. This business still seems to revolve around the same old faces like Sebastian Bach, Dee Snider or bands like Motörhead, AC/DC and STP. :facepalm
Agreed, new band is anything from the 2000s and onwards in the eyes of most for rock.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: WARNING! ALL GOOD!

Post by Inconquerable »

I just got an email about a new merch campaign from the band called All Ends Well. I freaked out because A) thought it could be the acoustic ep, and B) I had a soul crushing thought that the band was ending. But no, new merch. Proceeds are going to the crew again which is awesome.

https://alterbridge.com/collections/store

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Have you guys seen this? Don't know when this was recorded but apparently this is from Steel Panther's social media.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Nice to see kevin bacon getting back down to earth

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

nagpo wrote:Nice to see kevin bacon getting back down to earth
I'm sure Kyra nagged him into doing it.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I have been hearing more and more Alter Bridge on regular old FM radio lately! 105.3 WTOS Bangor. In the last month at work, I've heard Addicted To Pain a couple times, Show Me A Leader and even Rise Today.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

anguyen92 wrote: Image
Oh hello, that's a nice thing to read when finally checking in again.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yesterday Mark had a little talk with the guys of ShipRocked. Among other things he talks about recording a song for David Ellefson's (from Megadeth) solo project.
https://www.facebook.com/GetShipRocked/ ... 099614060/

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

fix wrote:
anguyen92 wrote: Image
Oh hello, that's a nice thing to read when finally checking in again.
Any updates from Tim on this thing they've been working to keep fans entertained during Covid?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

We haven't heard anything from them officially, yet, but someone from another thread found a link (looks like that link got taken down now) that leads to a live album EP that has Walk the Sky live tracks and features one new studio track. Again, I always take anything with a grain of salt until the band makes an official announcement.