The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

@Devil Inside You: you wish you had more insight, but at the same time, you wish this interview wasn't brought up? Which is it, mate? ;)
I can post some more interviews about the end of Creed, since I read them recently and I know which ones are interesting. It's up to you guys, and anyway, they're all out there on the Internet.

I don't believe Stapp changed that much, actually. For the last 10 years or so, he's always pretended he was a changed man and that he had everything under control. I wish him the best, and I'm happy he's got good things going on right now. But that interview I posted was eye-opening for me: I didn't know about that agreement. He's entitled to play those songs with his solo band, but since they shook hands on it, he really shouldn't.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

chtimixeur wrote:@Devil Inside You: you wish you had more insight, but at the same time, you wish this interview wasn't brought up? Which is it, mate? ;)
I can post some more interviews about the end of Creed, since I read them recently and I know which ones are interesting. It's up to you guys, and anyway, they're all out there on the Internet.

I don't believe Stapp changed that much, actually. For the last 10 years or so, he's always pretended he was a changed man and that he had everything under control. I wish him the best, and I'm happy he's got good things going on right now. But that interview I posted was eye-opening for me: I didn't know about that agreement. He's entitled to play those songs with his solo band, but since they shook hands on it, he really shouldn't.
Well yeah, you posted that, its not like Mark shared that on social media today. Had that been the case then it would be different. And insight is not something I'm literally seeking out. These guys aren't my friends nor people I interact with daily. I was just expressing morbid curiosity over how bad things truly got. And you know Stapp played some Creed covers with Flip four years ago right? I really doubt Mark cared about that. The reason I think it was pointless to bring this interview up is because none of them are in the same place they were in 2005. All its going to do is just reiterate what most people knew (not playing Creed songs apart/Stapp pitting the band against each other) or cause bickering among Stapp and Mark fans.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I didn't ask for this interview to be posted to shed some bad light on Stapp or anyone, I just read very few interviews avout the break-up and was interested in checking out how things were back then.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Anybody have any clips of recent stapp shows?

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

nagpo wrote:Anybody have any clips of recent stapp shows?
This is a recent TV show where he performed My Sacrifice, with Arms Wide Open, and Purpose For Pain. He still sounds really good when he performs With Arms Wide Open IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4WH0N177LIQ

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

one gripe about the WAWO bit is that he's pronouncing it like oPEN instead on the recording where he pronounces it oPUN ;p

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Scott's been performing Inside Us All through the Brazil tour - it's like we're in 2000 again, his voice is perfect:

https://www.facebook.com/10003407601815 ... 333169633/

Better video (but incomplete song) from soundcheck:

https://www.facebook.com/Creed/videos/713749392450641/

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i cant tell if he's still using those vocal overlays. but man those brazilian fans seem to know every word. if creed gets back together they should tour down there.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

nagpo wrote:one gripe about the WAWO bit is that he's pronouncing it like oPEN instead on the recording where he pronounces it oPUN ;p
I noticed that too. What is the correct way to pronounce it?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

creed009 wrote:
nagpo wrote:one gripe about the WAWO bit is that he's pronouncing it like oPEN instead on the recording where he pronounces it oPUN ;p
lol the way you sing it when you record it

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

nagpo wrote:
creed009 wrote:
Maybe he thinks he pronounced it wrong when they recorded it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

creed009 wrote:
nagpo wrote:
creed009 wrote:
Maybe he thinks he pronounced it wrong when they recorded it.
well when you go to a show you expect it to sound like the recording.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Inside Us All grew a lot on me over the years, but is there a more repetitive song in Creed's catalogue?
Still, kudos to the crowd for singing it so loud. It's gotta feel good to perform deep album cuts in front of such adoring fans.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

chtimixeur wrote:Inside Us All grew a lot on me over the years, but is there a more repetitive song in Creed's catalogue?
Inside Us All is repetitive?

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:Inside Us All grew a lot on me over the years, but is there a more repetitive song in Creed's catalogue?
Probably What If. What if. What if. What if.....

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Dolo wrote:
Inside Us All is repetitive?
Yeah, I never really thought it was repetitive, at least not any more than most of their other songs. It's actually one of my favorite songs on Human Clay. Truly an excellent song, IMO.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The melodic lead guitar line repeats quite a lot, but it doesn't make the song repetitive in my book.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I like how that interview is being quoted as the gospel and right above what’s in blue box mark says “creed would never get back together unless it meant world peace”

:lol :lol :lol :shrug

Sorry but there was no world peace in 2009 :lol

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Shortly after the interview when Scott was asked why he still play Creed songs without his original bandmates his reply was they also had made promise that Creed would never breakup. So both at fault. Both parties did not keep their end of the bargain. And I can't blame them. Scott was getting very hard to deal with and in dire need to fix himself first. Scott is a better person now, admitted his mistakes and move on. Although I would like to hear new Creed materials I would rather they are happy doing their own separate things than being in the same band and hate each other.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

number1 wrote:Shortly after the interview when Scott was asked why he still play Creed songs without his original bandmates his reply was they also had made promise that Creed would never breakup. So both at fault. Both parties did not keep their end of the bargain. And I can't blame them. Scott was getting very hard to deal with and in dire need to fix himself first. Scott is a better person now, admitted his mistakes and move on. Although I would like to hear new Creed materials I would rather they are happy doing their own separate things than being in the same band and hate each other.
It's kind of unreasonable to say that the band didn't hold up their end of the bargain by breaking up, when Mark stated their agreement to not play Creed songs was part of the discussions of the breakup itself. If anything, that makes Scott Stapp out to be even more of a douche, IMO. It just shows that he had no intention of keeping his word in the first place.