How awkward do you think this moment was?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: How awkward do you think this moment was?

Post by scarecrow »

TheEndisHere wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:It's like your ex girlfriend taking a picture with your wife and bridesmaid or something.
Stapp totally is the outsider in the picture. Everyone else has arms around each other. Stapp's arm is down and he is pointing to the other guys. Myles is center.
My take on their body language (having no knowledge of any interaction or lack thereof prior to the photo) is that Stapp is pointing at Slash as if to erase Myles from the equation entirely, Myles looks a little shellshocked but seems to be handling himself well, Mark is just blankly trying to get through the awkwardness, and Brian... well the smirk says it all.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

But yes, Stapp is obviously the "third wheel" here.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Stapp is looking at a different camera than the rest. That alone says it all. :lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

scarecrow wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:It's like your ex girlfriend taking a picture with your wife and bridesmaid or something.
Stapp totally is the outsider in the picture. Everyone else has arms around each other. Stapp's arm is down and he is pointing to the other guys. Myles is center.
My take on their body language (having no knowledge of any interaction or lack thereof prior to the photo) is that Stapp is pointing at Slash as if to erase Myles from the equation entirely, Myles looks a little shellshocked but seems to be handling himself well, Mark is just blankly trying to get through the awkwardness, and Brian... well the smirk says it all.
You're spot on about Stapp. For him, Myles isn't even here, and it was confirmed when he refused to talk about him during subsequent interviews.

I remember TABN members saying how Mark looked like the happiest child in the world when that photo was posted back then. :D

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Ugh, Stapp is such a pompous fucking asshole.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

chtimixeur wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:
You're spot on about Stapp. For him, Myles isn't even here, and it was confirmed when he refused to talk about him during subsequent interviews.

I remember TABN members saying how Mark looked like the happiest child in the world when that photo was posted back then. :D
He's such a liar, too. Talking about his "friends" Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington in relation to one of his new songs. And that Chester died "a year" after Chris. It was actually two months. You'd think a friend would know that.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

scarecrow wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:

He's such a liar, too. Talking about his "friends" Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington in relation to one of his new songs. And that Chester died "a year" after Chris. It was actually two months. You'd think a friend would know that.
I think he just confused himself on that interview. On another interview before he told " a couple of months later".
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

George wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:

I think he just confused himself on that interview. On another interview before he told " a couple of months later".
I'm 99.9% sure he was not anything close to friends with Chris Cornell. Not sure about Chester Bennington.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

scarecrow wrote:
George wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:

I'm 99.9% sure he was not anything close to friends with Chris Cornell. Not sure about Chester Bennington.
I don't think he was friend with either. Stapp doesn't strike me as someone who has a lot of friends in the rock world. The rest of the guys seem to have a lot of friends. Now I appreciate when Stapp says that it could have been him and could see himself in them because he has struggled with depression and substance abuse and attempted or thought of attempting suicide twice. Not to be morbid or wish the worst on Stapp, (I like Creed and some of his solo stuff and am glad he has his life together now) but I wonder what the reaction would be if Stapp had succeeded in his suicide attempts? He is a very polarizing character and I wonder how the rock world would react to his death. (again hypothetical) Like would all the Creed haters change their tune. I can imagine some people saying horrible horrible things (they did that for Bennington and he was held in higher esteem than Stapp ever was).

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TheEndisHere wrote:Not to be morbid or wish the worst on Stapp, (I like Creed and some of his solo stuff and am glad he has his life together now) but I wonder what the reaction would be if Stapp had succeeded in his suicide attempts? He is a very polarizing character and I wonder how the rock world would react to his death. (again hypothetical) Like would all the Creed haters change their tune. I can imagine some people saying horrible horrible things (they did that for Bennington and he was held in higher esteem than Stapp ever was).
I think they said harsh things about Chester was because Linkin Park recently released One More Light at the time, which was an album, that a lot of people did not like and people really feel the need to just spew all kinds of hateful stuff about it and Linkin Park as a band. I didn't like the album much, but I didn't feel the need to express my thoughts about it in harsh tones, just a waste of my time if I do that.

That stated, what if Stapp did the deed we dread would be the worst thing to happen to him? I think people will still treat Creed as a punching bag and then, I think you may have had people shaming Mark, Flip, and Brian and put the blame on them for Stapp doing the deed, since they would think "If Creed would still be together, Stapp would not end up this way." and that kind of nonsense thought process. Of course, that's way too speculative that relies on so many events to play it that, thankfully, didn't play it out horribly, but any line of thought is possible.

On that note of punching bags, why do people always feel the need to treat bands like punching bags just because those bands make music that is popular for the time and something those people in particular do not like? First it was Creed, then it was Nickelback and Linkin Park after Meteora at some points, now it's Imagine Dragons (or whoever is the newest punching bag). Guess what? Hating those bands isn't going to make your favorite band bigger, so why waste your time with those comments and focus more on being enthusiastic for the bands you like if you like any bands at all?

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote: On that note of punching bags, why do people always feel the need to treat bands like punching bags just because those bands make music that is popular for the time and something those people in particular do not like? First it was Creed, then it was Nickelback and Linkin Park after Meteora at some points, now it's Imagine Dragons (or whoever is the newest punching bag). Guess what? Hating those bands isn't going to make your favorite band bigger, so why waste your time with those comments and focus more on being enthusiastic for the bands you like if you like any bands at all?
Amen. I think people just see what the trend is, and don't dare cross the line into showing that they enjoy something that's "uncool." Ironic, since it's usually the people who stick up for the "uncool" thing that come across as the coolest people of all.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

scarecrow wrote:
George wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:

I also didn't see him to do reference as "best friends" at those guys. I saw interviews where he told they weren't close but respected each other.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

scarecrow wrote:Does anyone know the story behind this photo?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol