Ranking Alter Bridge albums

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Ranking Alter Bridge albums

Post by rscotta831 »

CrowsOnAWire wrote:
rscotta831 wrote:
CrowsOnAWire wrote:
1. Fortress
2. Blackbird/Walk The Sky - undecided
3. AB III
4. ODR
5. TLH
TLH ranked last by CrowsOnAWire. Now that’s irony.

Side note - I don’t understand the common dislike for TLH. Six of the songs on that album are among my Top 30-35 AB songs.
It is slightly ironic, however ranking TLH last doesn’t mean it’s a bad album. There is no “bad” AB album in my opinion. It’s just the least good album they’ve made. TLH has some really good songs, Crows On A Wire being one of them. Plus it’s a good song title.
Ya I knew what you meant. Guess I should phrase it better...I still don’t get the common ranking of last for TLH.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

I'd take AB's discography over just about another band. TLH may be last but still far above what most other bands produce. It's an album that is less than the sum of it's parts. I much prefer hearing TLH tracks on shuffle with the rest of the discography than together as an album.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

1a) Fortress
1b) Blackbird

2) ODR
3) Walk The Sky
4) AB III
5) TLH
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

TheEndisHere wrote:I'd take AB's discography over just about another band. TLH may be last but still far above what most other bands produce. It's an album that is less than the sum of it's parts. I much prefer hearing TLH tracks on shuffle with the rest of the discography than together as an album.
This. Totally this. Any band should have an album as "bad" as The Last Hero.

Iron Maiden is the only discography I'd take over AB, and they have 16 studio albums. AB may yet catch them...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mullet151
Brand New Start

Post by Mullet151 »

Mine really are tiered. I tend to favor albums that have my absolute favorite songs, riffs, & solos over what album has more good songs but not as many of my ultimate top tier tracks. The A's are the album that has more of my absolute favorites and B's are the more complete albums with less skip tracks.

1A) Blackbird
1B) Fortress
2A) LH
2B) AB III
3A) ODR
3B) WTS

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

riemslag1 wrote:That’s true.
There is no bad AB album, just a least best.
Agreed

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

6. The Last Hero (no thanks)
5. AB III (has several of my favorite AB tracks but a lot of songs I don't care for)
4. One Day Remains (still holds up well)
3. Fortress (half great, half forgettable)
2. Walk The Sky (rock solid almost all the way through)
1. Blackbird (some filler but Ties That Bind, Come To Life, and Blackbird are among their best)

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

1. Blackbird
2. Walk the Sky
3. AB III
4. Fortress
5. TLH
6. ODR

>>>All that said, none of them are bad. Something had to go 5 and 6. lol.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Blackbird: Everything about this album scream classic Alter Bridge. Definitely their magnum opus and most defining record.
Fortress: A very close contender for the best Alter Bridge album. Not quite there with Blackbird for me but very very close. Also proof that Alter Bridge always has the potential to top themselves.
Walk the Sky: Yeah, its new but I really do think this is Alter Bridge expanding their sound in a way that is natural to what they've established. I can see this album being the catalyst of something very beautiful in Alter Bridge's career.
One Day Remains: If I was ranking this as a Creed fan it would be at the top of this list. As an Alter Bridge fan though, it is way too derivative of Creed's sound (intentionally or not). While I love that Mark wrote the music, lyrics and melodies here, Alter Bridge absolutely needs Myles' input to be Alter Bridge. On top of that, as a Creed fan I can't help but wonder how big songs like In Loving Memory, Broken Wings and Cruel Sun have been had they been released under the Creed flag.
The Last Hero: A good album, but very over produced, and not my ideal follow up to Fortress. Still, it came out in a very tumultuous period of my life, so it has a huge soft spot for getting me through some serious shit.
AB III: This album and Full Circle are my two least favorite albums from either of Mark's bands. I remember during the recording of Full Circle, Brian said he wasn't sure which songs were for Creed and which were for Alter Bridge cause they sound so similar to each other. Even Overcome and Isolation are the exact same song structure wise. I like half the album, and the four b-sides more than the remaining seven tracks. This would have been so much better as a ten track album, honestly.