Walk the Sky - Song Meanings

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Walk the Sky - Song Meanings

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Post your interpretations below! Some songs have inspirations the band has gone on record with. Other songs may be open to different meanings and interpretations. If you have guesses, or would just like to say what a song means to you, then go for it!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Walk the Sky - Song Meanings

Post by AB4Lyfe »

“Here and now
In the clouds
You have found
Your escape

For all you give
It’s worth the risk
At least you lived
Your way”

I don’t have a theory, but I want to hear what your guesses are to this specific section or how it ties in to the overall meaning of the song. I’m currently dealing with a bit of a family emergency, and somehow these lyrics are providing me comfort.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

On a related note, I think we should do a collaborative thread where he give the meaning of each song they've released. Just a couple of sentences for each song. Since there are a lot of active members who know all the details about each song, this would probably go quite fast, wouldn't it?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Forever Falling is probably about drug addiction.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

It is about someone who's addicted to drugs and dies, IIRC. Mark outright stated as much in interviews.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I saw a Youtube comment that The Bitter End was the sequel to All Hope Is Gone. I thought that was a really clever comment, both lyrically and how the song sounds melodically.

Not sure if AB came out and said as much, but if they didn't, that's a really proper description imo. Probably my favorite song on the album. The ending of it is pretty sick.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AB23 wrote:I saw a Youtube comment that The Bitter End was the sequel to All Hope Is Gone. I thought that was a really clever comment, both lyrically and how the song sounds melodically.

Not sure if AB came out and said as much, but if they didn't, that's a really proper description imo. Probably my favorite song on the album. The ending of it is pretty sick.
I saw that comment too. If that’s the case then I get why the band said this album more or less mirrors AB3.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

When I heard the line "Time and space" in In The Deep, it gave me visions of Doctor Who and now I can't listen to it without seeing a montage of Donna and the tenth Doctor in my head (the song sounds a bit more romantic than they were, but for some reason that's the pair I see in my head). I'd like to think this is a Myles song and he's just letting his inner dork out to play.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

AB23 wrote:I saw a Youtube comment that The Bitter End was the sequel to All Hope Is Gone. I thought that was a really clever comment, both lyrically and how the song sounds melodically.

I rarely agree with you, but I definitely do in this case. The ending of The Bitter End is amazing. It's definitely in my top three off the new album right now.

While it makes sense that it's a continuation of All Hope Is Gone in terms of lyrics, musically it's clearly the Life Must Go On or All Ends Well of Walk The Sky. It's way, way better than All Ends Well though.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

I will say that Myles, as Mark feared, ruined Take the Crown for me. I cannot help but think of ruthless tee-ball players whenever I hear it. Such brutal verses and lyrics, and it's about little children playing tee-ball.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

It melodically sounds similar to All Hope is Gone. Even the chorus in many ways sounds like it. It's more of a light hearted ballad with the upbeat strumming of an All Ends Well, but there really isn't another song on their catalogue that sounds as similar to it than AHIG. You even get a bit of the wavy melody in the verses that made fans dub it "The Pirate Song" 9 years ago. Just to a lesser extent, which masks the drunken sailor sound that AHIG had.