Creed getting back together in 2020?

A place for all Creed discussion.
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Post by austin. »

Honestly I wish they’d cut the chord or do something. Leaving Creed fans hanging on for ten years for another album and continuously just saying “ah the timing”

Can’t find time in tens years to record ten more songs and make lots of money? I seriously don’t understand it. Has to be something wanting his other bands to do better or something. I can’t find any good reason not to do more Creed, unless he just hates Scott Stapp, and I don’t expect him to say “I hate Stapp” but when you keep saying the timing the timing..... find some time man.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

From Kerrang's latest issue:
That's why Creed ended.
I wonder if he's talking about 2004 or 2012.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

God, we've had 4 Tremonti albums in 6 years, I'd like to see a Creed album for a change.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dolo wrote:God, we've had 4 Tremonti albums in 6 years, I'd like to see a Creed album for a change.
True. To be honest, some tremonti songs are good. But out of all the albums, all of the good songs could fit on one record. Having to wait two more years for a possible creed record is just too much

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

http://audioinkradio.com/2019/10/alter- ... interview/
Q: People always want to know if there’s any chance Creed will release new music or tour again.

Mark: You never know. It’s just another matter of timing. For the next year and a half, I’ll be working hard on Alter Bridge and writing new music for Tremonti, and if something comes along in the Creed camp, never say never. Who knows? To be able to do it all is tough. It’s just a matter of how much spare time I have.

Q: The 20th anniversary of “Human Clay” just passed. What are your memories from that album?

Mark: I just remember hearing “Higher” on the radio for the first time, and everybody had said after “My Own Prison” that we were going to have the sophomore slump on our next record and we would have a one hit wonder record and disappear, and then “Higher” came out, and everybody had good things to say about it, and it ended up being our biggest song to date and biggest record ever for us. I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing now if it wasn’t for that record.
Timing's a poor excuse, yet, he keeps using it again and again. He's not obligated to release any Tremonti music, and he could choose to use this time for Creed if he actually anted to.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Maybe he just doesn't want to do Creed anymore? I think he is probably weary because it didn't work back in 2012.

It isn't a matter of him being obligated, he likes writing for his solo project, and that's what he is going to do. If or when the time comes, hopefully everyone is 100% into it and in a good frame of mind. It isn't worth it if they aren't excited to play that music.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austinjhnsn wrote:It isn't a matter of him being obligated, he likes writing for his solo project, and that's what he is going to do. If or when the time comes, hopefully everyone is 100% into it and in a good frame of mind. It isn't worth it if they aren't excited to play that music.
I think that's been Mark's frame of mind when it comes to the "when will Creed comes back" talk. I just think people want him to be honest about it more publicly, but I don't think Mark will ever say it out loud that he doesn't want to do Creed because he's not really excited for it as much as AB or Tremonti.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Stapp turned into a mess again on stage at the end of Creed’s last touring cycle. Mark doesn’t owe anyone any albums, especially when it involves musicians he doesn’t want to work with.

I don’t even have anything against Stapp myself, but no musician is forced to play with anyone.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I agree he isn’t forced to get with Stapp. But he never says “ehhh just not into it”

Says “the timing” while juggling two bands. There’s a whole lot of Creed fans out there hanging onto “hopefully something” because Mark always says ah yeah maybe later. Yeah I have a creed album ready to record.... but can’t find two -four weeks to get in the studio....

I dunno.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I don't think two/four weeks would be enough time since Stapp needs time to write lyrics and Im sure its more than just re-recording some demos.. There is likely a preproduction process that would need to happen as well since it has probably been a while since he has written some of those ideas. It's unfortunate, especially if you're holding out for a Creed album but I don't think Mark wants to go out and say "Creed isn't happening again" because he said that in 2004 and then Full Circle happened. Like Andy said it best, he doesn't owe anyone any albums. I know one of the bigger issues some people have is the fact that he might put out too many albums and the quality suffers, but you can't deny the guy is one of the hardest working dudes in music. I think when he is ready it will happen.
Thanks Timo!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

You guys are right, he doesn't owe us creed. But I also don't have to keep buying these sub-par tremonti records, which I've only been buying out of sheer fan loyalty. Honestly, if this next AB record doesn't blow my mind I'm kind done with the guy

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

No one is forcing you to buy Tremonti and AB albums. That’s how life works lol.

I agree with the above comment that mentioned Mark doesn’t give definitive answers after already doing a reunion once. He went from saying stuff like “I’ll never play with Creed again” to having a reunion tour. He probably doesn’t want to do Creed anymore now but has learned enough from the past to not say comments like that in public interviews.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I was actually listening to My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered in honor of the vinyl re-issue and just thinking about how much I miss Creed's sound. It trips me out, had things not fallen apart where do you think the band would have gone? Clearly One Day Remains was set to be the follow up to Weathered. I love Myles and I'm glad we have an album with lyrics, music and melody composed entirely by Mark (outside of solo) but every now and then I wonder how huge Creed could have continued to be had In Loving Memory, Open Your Eyes, Breathe and Broken Wings been released under their name. In Loving Memory could have easily been their With Arms Wide Open of the 2000s..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I didn't know where to put this.

Excerpt from an interview with Mark:
Just when we first started out, it was a tough beginning for this band. We came off with the success of Creed and thought we'd have this open door to continued success, but we hit a wall.

We were now the guys from Creed with everything to prove, no love in the world. At the end of Creed, there were a lot of haters on Creed, but when we started Alter Bridge, people just saying, 'No, we're not playing that band, we're not booking that band.'

In the States, it was hard to get a start. It made me angry when people would call us 'Creed Part 2' and this and that when we did our best to find the most different...

Myles is the most different you could ever find from Scott [Stapp], we were trying to go in a different direction, so it took us until maybe our third Alter Bridge record [2010's 'AB III'] before we dropped, 'Now we're Alter Bridge, we're no longer those Creed guys.'

We went from a band that sold millions and millions of records but the critics like to take their shots to a band that didn't sell many records that the critics liked, so I've kind of been on both sides of that fence.

I'm glad to have lived both of those lives because no matter how many records you sell - if somebody doesn't appreciate what you do, it's gonna leave you bitter in the end, so I'm glad I've been able to dive into another art form and continue on just chasing down different sounds and different songs.
source:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... album.html

Mark cares way too much about critics. Has he forgotten the arenas filled with people who loved Creed's music?
Also, I don't like the way he says "we're no longer those Creed guys". It sounds like he's ashamed he was ever a part of that band!
Last edited by chtimixeur on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I'm beginning to like him less and less. I've been a fan for years and now he says shit like this. fuck him. he doesn't care about the fans. he cares about critics

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Well, actually, he cares about the fans but that's not a good thing either. He is selling bullshit like 'Our fans seem to enjoy those epic tunes so we're making a couple them this time', 'we couldn't make a totally keyboard-based album because fans would kill us' with Walk The Sky. Other bands don't give a crap about what the fans want and that's how you develop and evolve.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

nagpo wrote:I'm beginning to like him less and less. I've been a fan for years and now he says shit like this. fuck him. he doesn't care about the fans. he cares about critics
I think you're being short sided when it comes to Mark's viewpoint. If you look at Mark as a musician and an artist I guarantee that you can see he's become a much better at what he does as well as people actually acknowledging him for it. In the Creed days he was just seen as the guitarist. He's the first one to tell you that when he first got his signature guitar he really didn't think he deserved as a player and that's why he worked so hard to become better. He also stressed that he sees himself as a writer more than just the guy that plays guitar. Now you take the musician he's become and he's getting credit for being an amazing writer. If Creed had stayed going like it was I doubt he would feel as accomplished as a musician as he does now. Yes he tends to be more proud of his AB work but if you consider how much better as a musician he gotten he should. You may like the Creed stuff more but that doesn't mean he was better in those days. Stop and think about in you were really in his shoes. You write songs but the singer is seen as the only writer and than you have to deal with the extra drama of being hated on by what appears to everybody. Even though you sell out arenas the only thing you do hear is people expressing their hate. Not to mention having to deal with a band member that makes you feel like you have to walk on eggshells all the time. Then when you do reunite history repeats itself. I think genuinely he would do more Creed but he's not about to sacrifice his other bands where he has way more freedom and not expected to sound like he did 20 years ago.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So I respect all you Creedfans over here but myself just seeing this band as the foundation for so much better bands and music afterwards.
But really not believing what I’m reading now.
So a succesfull band gets blown away by the ego and personality of the singer twice and the guitarplayer gets blamed for not willing to give it a try a third time ? Get serious !
You really expect him to put everything he build since then on hold and jeopardize its continuity for a guy like Stapp ?

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

riemslag1 wrote:So I respect all you Creedfans over here but myself just seeing this band as the foundation for so much better bands and music afterwards.
But really not believing what I’m reading now.
So a succesfull band gets blown away by the ego and personality of the singer twice and the guitarplayer gets blamed for not willing to give it a try a third time ? Get serious !
You really expect him to put everything he build since then on hold and jeopardize its continuity for a guy like Stapp ?
I think where most fans are upset is in the way Mark addresses Creed outside of Stapp. He usually refers to Creed as something he's embarrassed about because of how "simple" or "straightforward" Creed was (those are his words). I personally don't blame him for Creed not being active, and I never will after Stapp's meltdown in 2014. However, just look at that interview clip someone posted in this thread. Mark does seem to have preference to Alter Bridge and Tremonti because both have more critical praise than Creed. And that's fine, Alter Bridge and Tremonti are excellent examples of modern music in a time where Lil Pump and Cardi B exist. However, just because Creed was critically panned doesn't mean Mark should invalidate the millions of fans and followers the band still has. He clearly knows the value in songwriting so its not a technicality thing of Creed over Alter Bridge/Tremonti. I just wish someone would tell him when you have something that connects with over 50 million people, the opinion of some guy from Rolling Stone, Blabbermouth or Pearl Jam is worth less than nothing.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Devil Inside You wrote:I just wish someone would tell him when you have something that connects with over 50 million people, the opinion of some guy from Rolling Stone, Blabbermouth or Pearl Jam is worth less than nothing.
Ok, counterpoint and question. What about the value of the AB fans that came in totally fresh not knowing anything at all about that Mark, Flip, and Brian was in another band prior to discovering AB? Are we worth nothing?