Creed getting back together in 2020?

A place for all Creed discussion.
austin.
On The Rail
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby austin. » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 am

Honestly I wish they’d cut the chord or do something. Leaving Creed fans hanging on for ten years for another album and continuously just saying “ah the timing”

Can’t find time in tens years to record ten more songs and make lots of money? I seriously don’t understand it. Has to be something wanting his other bands to do better or something. I can’t find any good reason not to do more Creed, unless he just hates Scott Stapp, and I don’t expect him to say “I hate Stapp” but when you keep saying the timing the timing..... find some time man.

chtimixeur
On The Rail
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby chtimixeur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:28 am

Dolo
On The Rail

Postby Dolo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:15 pm

God, we've had 4 Tremonti albums in 6 years, I'd like to see a Creed album for a change.

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:54 pm

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:25 am

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Postby austinjhnsn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Maybe he just doesn't want to do Creed anymore? I think he is probably weary because it didn't work back in 2012.

It isn't a matter of him being obligated, he likes writing for his solo project, and that's what he is going to do. If or when the time comes, hopefully everyone is 100% into it and in a good frame of mind. It isn't worth it if they aren't excited to play that music.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Stapp turned into a mess again on stage at the end of Creed’s last touring cycle. Mark doesn’t owe anyone any albums, especially when it involves musicians he doesn’t want to work with.

I don’t even have anything against Stapp myself, but no musician is forced to play with anyone.

austin.
On The Rail

Postby austin. » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:49 pm

I agree he isn’t forced to get with Stapp. But he never says “ehhh just not into it”

Says “the timing” while juggling two bands. There’s a whole lot of Creed fans out there hanging onto “hopefully something” because Mark always says ah yeah maybe later. Yeah I have a creed album ready to record.... but can’t find two -four weeks to get in the studio....

I dunno.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Postby austinjhnsn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:07 pm

I don't think two/four weeks would be enough time since Stapp needs time to write lyrics and Im sure its more than just re-recording some demos.. There is likely a preproduction process that would need to happen as well since it has probably been a while since he has written some of those ideas. It's unfortunate, especially if you're holding out for a Creed album but I don't think Mark wants to go out and say "Creed isn't happening again" because he said that in 2004 and then Full Circle happened. Like Andy said it best, he doesn't owe anyone any albums. I know one of the bigger issues some people have is the fact that he might put out too many albums and the quality suffers, but you can't deny the guy is one of the hardest working dudes in music. I think when he is ready it will happen.

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:03 pm

You guys are right, he doesn't owe us creed. But I also don't have to keep buying these sub-par tremonti records, which I've only been buying out of sheer fan loyalty. Honestly, if this next AB record doesn't blow my mind I'm kind done with the guy

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 pm

No one is forcing you to buy Tremonti and AB albums. That’s how life works lol.

I agree with the above comment that mentioned Mark doesn’t give definitive answers after already doing a reunion once. He went from saying stuff like “I’ll never play with Creed again” to having a reunion tour. He probably doesn’t want to do Creed anymore now but has learned enough from the past to not say comments like that in public interviews.

Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Devil Inside You » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:54 am

I was actually listening to My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered in honor of the vinyl re-issue and just thinking about how much I miss Creed's sound. It trips me out, had things not fallen apart where do you think the band would have gone? Clearly One Day Remains was set to be the follow up to Weathered. I love Myles and I'm glad we have an album with lyrics, music and melody composed entirely by Mark (outside of solo) but every now and then I wonder how huge Creed could have continued to be had In Loving Memory, Open Your Eyes, Breathe and Broken Wings been released under their name. In Loving Memory could have easily been their With Arms Wide Open of the 2000s..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:14 am

Last edited by chtimixeur on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:39 am

I'm beginning to like him less and less. I've been a fan for years and now he says shit like this. fuck him. he doesn't care about the fans. he cares about critics

Dolo
On The Rail

Postby Dolo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:37 am

Well, actually, he cares about the fans but that's not a good thing either. He is selling bullshit like 'Our fans seem to enjoy those epic tunes so we're making a couple them this time', 'we couldn't make a totally keyboard-based album because fans would kill us' with Walk The Sky. Other bands don't give a crap about what the fans want and that's how you develop and evolve.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby Jhenrid » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:23 pm

riemslag1
Isolated

Postby riemslag1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:42 pm

So I respect all you Creedfans over here but myself just seeing this band as the foundation for so much better bands and music afterwards.
But really not believing what I’m reading now.
So a succesfull band gets blown away by the ego and personality of the singer twice and the guitarplayer gets blamed for not willing to give it a try a third time ? Get serious !
You really expect him to put everything he build since then on hold and jeopardize its continuity for a guy like Stapp ?

Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Devil Inside You » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:09 pm

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Postby anguyen92 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Return to “Creed”