Listening party thread (Walk the Sky edition)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

NOW!!!

Post by gbruin »

GIVE ME PART III!!!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Listening party thread (Walk the Sky edition)

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Kev would make a swell biographer.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Thank you, guys. I appreciate the comments. There's more to come and I didn't think that my Wednesday of the trip would be eventful, but that would change quickly even if that moment lasted only a few minutes.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Hand washing. It's a real thing.

Post by gbruin »

Is this the part where you spend a bunch of time with Myles at baggage claim while you're getting sick, and he coincidentally has to quit singing songs on tour about a week later?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Hand washing. It's a real thing.

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote:Is this the part where you spend a bunch of time with Myles at baggage claim while you're getting sick, and he coincidentally has to quit singing songs on tour about a week later?
Now I did not get Myles sick and I wasn't the only person that Myles talked to at baggage claim. There was a group of women from Australia that came to see the show in Raleigh that talked to him. For all I know, they could have gotten us both sick.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

But on the other hand, if you did get him sick, that would also make you responsible for Mark singing Broken Wings and Burn it Down.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You know who you can always count on to come through? Australian women!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Ubik wrote:But on the other hand, if you did get him sick, that would also make you responsible for Mark singing Broken Wings and Burn it Down.
Is Kev Illuminati?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Did Australia help us in Normandy? Oh, wait...

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:
gbruin wrote:Is this the part where you spend a bunch of time with Myles at baggage claim while you're getting sick, and he coincidentally has to quit singing songs on tour about a week later?
Now I did not get Myles sick and I wasn't the only person that Myles talked to at baggage claim. There was a group of women from Australia that came to see the show in Raleigh that talked to him. For all I know, they could have gotten us both sick.
Hmmm...someone sounds pretty defensive here. Deflecting blame for your faults onto foreigners is such a classic ploy these days.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You got me Greg. Fine you want me to admit it? I got Myles sick. You all can throw tomatoes at me now in rage.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

To-may-to, to-mah-to, Let's hear about Raleigh now.

Post by gbruin »

Let's not waste food. I'll settle for Part III of your travelogue instead. ;)

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Is Kev Illuminati?
anguyen92 wrote:You got me Greg. Fine you want me to admit it? I got Myles sick. You all can throw tomatoes at me now in rage.
Illuminati confirmed.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Thanks for giving me those two songs with Mark singing, Kev!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, the actual Part III of this rather longer to write than I ever anticipated trip report.

Part III: Strolling around Downtown Orlando, heading to Raleigh, and running into a certain someone in-between.
All right, Day two of my trip has arrived and I think I had the best night’s sleep I had ever had in a long while and woke up around 9:00 AM. It’s a nice feeling waking up not feel like I have to either go to work or feel compelled to play World of Warcraft. Checked out of my hotel room at 10:00. I say it was a decent hotel room. Well ventilated and all. My only concern with it was the bathroom where the door felt like it could be jammed if it was closed in the wrong spot. That would be embarrassing if I closed it all the way and couldn’t get out and spent hours in the bathroom waiting for any hotel employee to get me out. Thankfully, that didn’t happen.

So I strolled walked to Downtown Orlando without really any plan to do anything. It was just me walking with my luggage without a care or stress about anything. That feeling reminded me of this music video from Aimer’s song, 3 Min, where it was nothing but her walking in the areas of Tokyo, Taiwan, Singapore, Liverpool, London, NYC, and LA. Just walking without a care or an agenda of what to do. It’s a nice feeling to have. I want to do that more often if my brain and schedule allows me to.

Anywho, I knew I wanted to go to a smoothie bar since it was pretty hot in Orlando and so I set foot to one, luggage and all. Sadly, in true fashion, after like 10 minutes, I realized that I was walking on the wrong street and it set me back another 20 minutes to get to the place. Ordered I believe a drink that had Dragonfruit among other regular fruits in it and got a smoothie bowl. It costed me $20.00 total, but in warm weather in Orlando, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay the little extra. It was all right. Afterwards, I also went to the nearest Chase bank, since I wanted some cash and all the other ATM machines I’ve seen are asking for a $3 transaction fee and I’m like, “why would I pay $3.00 for something I can do for free?” I also noted that there was a Wahlburger next to the Chase and thought, I might as well get an actual lunch and got me a burger and some macaroni salad. Paid $15.00 for it, but all honesty, it was a pretty darn good burger and I wouldn’t mind going back to a Wahlburgers in the future. The nearest one in Los Angeles is right next to the Shrine Auditorium. Looks like if there’s a show in the USC area that I want to go to like the Shrine Auditorium or the Banc of California Stadium, I knew where I’m eating for lunch.

Decided to take off to the airport for the flight to Raleigh at around 12:00 PM, even though my flight was at like 3:00 PM, and got a Lyft drive that set me back $19.00. Probably the cheapest ride I took in my trip overall. This time, I was actually stuck in a line at TSA, but thankfully, my flight wasn’t for another 2.5 hours so I don’t mind the wait. Walked around and actually got Starbucks. A Vente Caramel Frappe that cost me $7.00. Yep, I have gotten to the point where I actually opted to want a drink at a Starbucks and I'm not a coffee drinker at all. Afterwards, I was sitting around at the gate and killed time watching a Twitch stream of a guy that’s going on a road trip with his fiancée from I think his home in Calgary, Canada to his finance’s home in Maryland. Pretty uneventful day for me in comparison to Tuesday, which was fine, because that's what I planned since I needed my brain to just relax a bit after Tuesday and preparing for Thursday.

2:45 PM arrived and it was time for me to board the next plane. I got in line so that when the First Class people and first priority people got on, then I would be first to board the plane next. So I was waiting and looking at the First Class line and then the greatest twist of my life happened. The last people to board the plane in First Class was Myles and his wife, Selena. I can’t recall the moment my brain registered the fact that I’m going into the same plane as Myles Kennedy. At the time, my initial thoughts probably went, “oh there’s a dude with an awesome fedora and shades. Oh wait, holy crap! That’s Myles!!!!!” So then, I decided then and there I needed to say, “Hey Myles." I don't know if he actually recognized me from the Listening Party or the fact that I actually recognized him and thought I was probably the only guy at the gate that knew who he is. Anyway, he said hey back to me and asked if I had a fun time, last night, and I told him I had a blast and that I will see him along with AB again in Raleigh on Thursday. At that point, I would have love nothing more to talk my mouth off with him for 15 minutes, but we were boarding a plane and I didn’t want to hold the line. Therefore, the plan was run into him after the flight and just say thank you for everything he has done with AB and the solo shows he’s done last year and being an awesome guy.

So I was walking on the plane and saw Myles and Selena in the last row of First Class section. Thankfully, I would not go all crazy and hold the line and talk my mouth off to the guy. That would be a surefire way to get kicked out of the plane. Instead, I just extended my thumbs up to Myles. Don’t know if he noticed it, but no matter. So my thoughts were racing on what I want to do next and there was a minor thought where I so wanted to be the guy to tell the flight attendant to a drink to Myles whether it is water or juice and have them say “this is for you on the house, that gentlemen over there in the yellow collared shirt ordered it for you.” Don't tell me that if any of you ever ended up on the same plane as Myles that you wouldn't think the same as I did. That stated, they didn’t give me that option to order anything non-complimentary and I didn’t know if anything, other than water, would be good for his voice the next day so that didn’t happen, but oh that thought really lingers in my head.

The actual flight from Orlando to Raleigh really sucked though. I had a lot of screaming children around me and there’s actually one that was touching me and I really didn’t like that since I don’t like to be touched, in general, and I just want to be in a calm state of mind. I just thought, “Keep calm and just focus on how you want to approach Myles. It will be all worth it in the end.” Had my complimentary snacks and cranberry apple juice. Had a few minutes of shut-eye and before I know it, I was in Raleigh, NC.

My thought was that I needed to get out of the airplane, fast, but there was a lot of people trying to get their bags and a long line to get out of the plane and when I finally got out, my window was gone. I lost sight of Myles and that was that. At the time, I probably squandered the greatest opportunity to talk to one of two greatest heroes of my life (the other being Mark). I felt dejected and even though I scheduled a Lyft ride in like 30 minutes, I just cancelled the schedule and take the ride now. Then I thought, “He may be in baggage,” so I went to the baggage section and somehow, fate would not let me be miserable on that day as I saw Myles and I thought now’s the chance. I’m going to follow in accordance with the Wayne Gretzky quote, “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.” I ain’t missing this shot.

So I walked to him once again say, “Hey Myles. Sorry about what happened in Orlando. I know we had to board the plane in that time quickly, but I just had so many things I wanted to say to you.” Thankfully, he would actually let me go ahead and give the chance to say these things and not politely shrug me off. That whole conversation I had with Myles reminded me of the time Chris Jericho met James Hetfield one on one after a Metallica show in Chicago in 2009 and Jericho described it in his 3rd autobiography. Jericho thought his conversation with Hetfield was going to be easy, but Jericho was a stammering mess, like I was when talking to Myles, and Hetfield broke the ice and said to Jericho, “You had a fun time tonight?” Naturally, Jericho said to Hetfield that a great time and gave tys for everything he and Metallica has done that influenced Jericho’s life and so on. He took his picture with Hetfield and, once he was done, Jericho stated that he let out a private squeal in excitement (that was basically me when that was said and done).

Back to my story, I told him thank you for everything he, Mark, Flip, and Brian has done in AB and told him thank you for doing the solo shows, especially the one in LA, where even after 20+ concerts later, I still deem that the greatest show I have ever seen outside of the times I’ve seen AB. He had a certain positive reaction when I said solo shows and he told me that he had a lot of fun doing those shows. The main comment I told him that “I hope it doesn’t take a long time for him to do another round of solo shows,” and he informed me that he’s wants to do more of those, but he wants to create another solo album so that he can do those shows. After that, he asked if I was from LA and I stated, “No, I’m from the OC, but if you do any shows in Southern California, I will be there” and he had to briefly correct me, “For AB?” and I was like, “Absolutely!” Onwards, he once again told me that if I had a fun time at the listening party and I told him once again I had a blast. I should told him that you guys played great and sounded like a band that’s ready to go again, but I was way too much of a nervous wreck to say that. I wanted to take a selfie with Myles and he was game and thankfully, someone else asked if they would like to take the picture of us instead and thankfully, I was like “oh thank goodness, because I didn’t know how to take proper pictures and the result was this picture below. I think it came out better than that one I took with AB during the VIP meet and greet.

Afterwards, that person that took the shot wanted a shot with Myles as well so she had her friend take it and they were from the land down under that wanted to see AB kick off the tour in Raleigh as well and they had VIP Meet and Greet as well. So they took their pictures with Myles and they chatted with him for a bit. Then I decided to go ahead and quietly make my exit, but before that, I had Myles sign my Royal Albert Hall DVD Earbook which was mainly the only reason why I brought in hopes for the band to sign it.

Selena came back from something and I told her, “I’m sorry for taking up your guy’s time,” and I told Myles that I will see him at the show on Thursday, told him, once again, thank you for everything he, Mark, Flip, and Brian does for AB, shook his hand and that was that. He was a very calm and professional dude to talk to and I was a mess and he was great at taking the time to let me get my thoughts together as coherent as possible. He didn’t need to do that and could have shoo’ed me away as politely as possible and I wouldn’t be upset if he did that. He’s a swell guy to be around with. If any of you guys ever run into Myles accidentally, I hope you guys would approach that conversation in a more coherent fashion than I did and to not go overblown as an obsessive fan which I hoped I didn’t come off that way to Myles. My thoughts were if Myles would see me at the Raleigh show, I hope he doesn't have a reaction that looks like “Ughhh, this guy again….” I know he wouldn’t ever do that publicly, that’s still a fear to linger on. Regardless, in that moment, my life was made and reached a peak. It’s all downhill from here. Well, at least, until after the Raleigh show.

Onwards, I took a Lyft (cost me $24.80) to my hotel room and on the way, I spotted the PNC Arena where the Carolina Hurricanes play and thought, "Huh, that's pretty close to the airport." If I ever come back to Raleigh, I wouldn't mind catching a game there. The team is pretty good now and I was hoping for them to go all the way, this year, and then they got swept the the Boston Bruins in the conference finals. Also, their captain, Justin Williams, was a huge part of the Kings winning the Stanley Cup in 2014 as he was the Conn Smythe trophy winner and a hero in the Game 7s they played to make it to the end. That stated, when I looked at the area around my hotel room. It looked pretty boring. I mean they got some stores and a Trader Joes' and a few generic restaurants and some nice forests, but it didn't look as busy as Downtown Orlando.

Therefore, I decided to not want to go anywhere for the night and just relax to get ready for tomorrow. So after checking in at around 6:30 PM or so, I noticed that the Extended Stay hotel actually offered Italian room service from somewhere and thought, "All right, I've gotten to the point of life where not only I'm drinking at Starbucks, I'm ordering room service." I got a Chicken Parmesan lasagna, a nine-inch sandwich, and five cannolis for the grand total of $37.00....... As an advice, never order room service. Find somewhere to eat out. I don't know if getting something from Uber eats for the same portions is cheaper than that. Probably. Anyway, it was a good meal and really filling and I decided to save half of my lasagna for breakfast tomorrow. Watched some more Twitch streams and called it a day at around 12:00 AM to get ready to see AB's first headlining show of the Walk the Sky tour. I will document that in an another extremely long post. Post date will be TBD.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

and the moment of contagion

Post by gbruin »

Recommended for multiple hockey references, any talk of Myles, and anguyen conquering his discomforts of flying, drinking Starbucks, and touching Myles. I seriously love reading these. Happy for you, bro!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, the actual Part III of this rather longer to write than I ever anticipated trip report.

Part III: Strolling around Downtown Orlando, heading to Raleigh, and running into a certain someone in-between.
All right, Day two of my trip has arrived and I think I had the best night’s sleep I had ever had in a long while and woke up around 9:00 AM. It’s a nice feeling waking up not feel like I have to either go to work or feel compelled to play World of Warcraft. Checked out of my hotel room at 10:00. I say it was a decent hotel room. Well ventilated and all. My only concern with it was the bathroom where the door felt like it could be jammed if it was closed in the wrong spot. That would be embarrassing if I closed it all the way and couldn’t get out and spent hours in the bathroom waiting for any hotel employee to get me out. Thankfully, that didn’t happen.

So I strolled walked to Downtown Orlando without really any plan to do anything. It was just me walking with my luggage without a care or stress about anything. That feeling reminded me of this music video from Aimer’s song, 3 Min, where it was nothing but her walking in the areas of Tokyo, Taiwan, Singapore, Liverpool, London, NYC, and LA. Just walking without a care or an agenda of what to do. It’s a nice feeling to have. I want to do that more often if my brain and schedule allows me to.

Anywho, I knew I wanted to go to a smoothie bar since it was pretty hot in Orlando and so I set foot to one, luggage and all. Sadly, in true fashion, after like 10 minutes, I realized that I was walking on the wrong street and it set me back another 20 minutes to get to the place. Ordered I believe a drink that had Dragonfruit among other regular fruits in it and got a smoothie bowl. It costed me $20.00 total, but in warm weather in Orlando, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay the little extra. It was all right. Afterwards, I also went to the nearest Chase bank, since I wanted some cash and all the other ATM machines I’ve seen are asking for a $3 transaction fee and I’m like, “why would I pay $3.00 for something I can do for free?” I also noted that there was a Wahlburger next to the Chase and thought, I might as well get an actual lunch and got me a burger and some macaroni salad. Paid $15.00 for it, but all honesty, it was a pretty darn good burger and I wouldn’t mind going back to a Wahlburgers in the future. The nearest one in Los Angeles is right next to the Shrine Auditorium. Looks like if there’s a show in the USC area that I want to go to like the Shrine Auditorium or the Banc of California Stadium, I knew where I’m eating for lunch.

Decided to take off to the airport for the flight to Raleigh at around 12:00 PM, even though my flight was at like 3:00 PM, and got a Lyft drive that set me back $19.00. Probably the cheapest ride I took in my trip overall. This time, I was actually stuck in a line at TSA, but thankfully, my flight wasn’t for another 2.5 hours so I don’t mind the wait. Walked around and actually got Starbucks. A Vente Caramel Frappe that cost me $7.00. Yep, I have gotten to the point where I actually opted to want a drink at a Starbucks and I'm not a coffee drinker at all. Afterwards, I was sitting around at the gate and killed time watching a Twitch stream of a guy that’s going on a road trip with his fiancée from I think his home in Calgary, Canada to his finance’s home in Maryland. Pretty uneventful day for me in comparison to Tuesday, which was fine, because that's what I planned since I needed my brain to just relax a bit after Tuesday and preparing for Thursday.

2:45 PM arrived and it was time for me to board the next plane. I got in line so that when the First Class people and first priority people got on, then I would be first to board the plane next. So I was waiting and looking at the First Class line and then the greatest twist of my life happened. The last people to board the plane in First Class was Myles and his wife, Selena. I can’t recall the moment my brain registered the fact that I’m going into the same plane as Myles Kennedy. At the time, my initial thoughts probably went, “oh there’s a dude with an awesome fedora and shades. Oh wait, holy crap! That’s Myles!!!!!” So then, I decided then and there I needed to say, “Hey Myles." I don't know if he actually recognized me from the Listening Party or the fact that I actually recognized him and thought I was probably the only guy at the gate that knew who he is. Anyway, he said hey back to me and asked if I had a fun time, last night, and I told him I had a blast and that I will see him along with AB again in Raleigh on Thursday. At that point, I would have love nothing more to talk my mouth off with him for 15 minutes, but we were boarding a plane and I didn’t want to hold the line. Therefore, the plan was run into him after the flight and just say thank you for everything he has done with AB and the solo shows he’s done last year and being an awesome guy.

So I was walking on the plane and saw Myles and Selena in the last row of First Class section. Thankfully, I would not go all crazy and hold the line and talk my mouth off to the guy. That would be a surefire way to get kicked out of the plane. Instead, I just extended my thumbs up to Myles. Don’t know if he noticed it, but no matter. So my thoughts were racing on what I want to do next and there was a minor thought where I so wanted to be the guy to tell the flight attendant to a drink to Myles whether it is water or juice and have them say “this is for you on the house, that gentlemen over there in the yellow collared shirt ordered it for you.” Don't tell me that if any of you ever ended up on the same plane as Myles that you wouldn't think the same as I did. That stated, they didn’t give me that option to order anything non-complimentary and I didn’t know if anything, other than water, would be good for his voice the next day so that didn’t happen, but oh that thought really lingers in my head.

The actual flight from Orlando to Raleigh really sucked though. I had a lot of screaming children around me and there’s actually one that was touching me and I really didn’t like that since I don’t like to be touched, in general, and I just want to be in a calm state of mind. I just thought, “Keep calm and just focus on how you want to approach Myles. It will be all worth it in the end.” Had my complimentary snacks and cranberry apple juice. Had a few minutes of shut-eye and before I know it, I was in Raleigh, NC.

My thought was that I needed to get out of the airplane, fast, but there was a lot of people trying to get their bags and a long line to get out of the plane and when I finally got out, my window was gone. I lost sight of Myles and that was that. At the time, I probably squandered the greatest opportunity to talk to one of two greatest heroes of my life (the other being Mark). I felt dejected and even though I scheduled a Lyft ride in like 30 minutes, I just cancelled the schedule and take the ride now. Then I thought, “He may be in baggage,” so I went to the baggage section and somehow, fate would not let me be miserable on that day as I saw Myles and I thought now’s the chance. I’m going to follow in accordance with the Wayne Gretzky quote, “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.” I ain’t missing this shot.

So I walked to him once again say, “Hey Myles. Sorry about what happened in Orlando. I know we had to board the plane in that time quickly, but I just had so many things I wanted to say to you.” Thankfully, he would actually let me go ahead and give the chance to say these things and not politely shrug me off. That whole conversation I had with Myles reminded me of the time Chris Jericho met James Hetfield one on one after a Metallica show in Chicago in 2009 and Jericho described it in his 3rd autobiography. Jericho thought his conversation with Hetfield was going to be easy, but Jericho was a stammering mess, like I was when talking to Myles, and Hetfield broke the ice and said to Jericho, “You had a fun time tonight?” Naturally, Jericho said to Hetfield that a great time and gave tys for everything he and Metallica has done that influenced Jericho’s life and so on. He took his picture with Hetfield and, once he was done, Jericho stated that he let out a private squeal in excitement (that was basically me when that was said and done).

Back to my story, I told him thank you for everything he, Mark, Flip, and Brian has done in AB and told him thank you for doing the solo shows, especially the one in LA, where even after 20+ concerts later, I still deem that the greatest show I have ever seen outside of the times I’ve seen AB. He had a certain positive reaction when I said solo shows and he told me that he had a lot of fun doing those shows. The main comment I told him that “I hope it doesn’t take a long time for him to do another round of solo shows,” and he informed me that he’s wants to do more of those, but he wants to create another solo album so that he can do those shows. After that, he asked if I was from LA and I stated, “No, I’m from the OC, but if you do any shows in Southern California, I will be there” and he had to briefly correct me, “For AB?” and I was like, “Absolutely!” Onwards, he once again told me that if I had a fun time at the listening party and I told him once again I had a blast. I should told him that you guys played great and sounded like a band that’s ready to go again, but I was way too much of a nervous wreck to say that. I wanted to take a selfie with Myles and he was game and thankfully, someone else asked if they would like to take the picture of us instead and thankfully, I was like “oh thank goodness, because I didn’t know how to take proper pictures and the result was this picture below. I think it came out better than that one I took with AB during the VIP meet and greet.

Afterwards, that person that took the shot wanted a shot with Myles as well so she had her friend take it and they were from the land down under that wanted to see AB kick off the tour in Raleigh as well and they had VIP Meet and Greet as well. So they took their pictures with Myles and they chatted with him for a bit. Then I decided to go ahead and quietly make my exit, but before that, I had Myles sign my Royal Albert Hall DVD Earbook which was mainly the only reason why I brought in hopes for the band to sign it.

Selena came back from something and I told her, “I’m sorry for taking up your guy’s time,” and I told Myles that I will see him at the show on Thursday, told him, once again, thank you for everything he, Mark, Flip, and Brian does for AB, shook his hand and that was that. He was a very calm and professional dude to talk to and I was a mess and he was great at taking the time to let me get my thoughts together as coherent as possible. He didn’t need to do that and could have shoo’ed me away as politely as possible and I wouldn’t be upset if he did that. He’s a swell guy to be around with. If any of you guys ever run into Myles accidentally, I hope you guys would approach that conversation in a more coherent fashion than I did and to not go overblown as an obsessive fan which I hoped I didn’t come off that way to Myles. My thoughts were if Myles would see me at the Raleigh show, I hope he doesn't have a reaction that looks like “Ughhh, this guy again….” I know he wouldn’t ever do that publicly, that’s still a fear to linger on. Regardless, in that moment, my life was made and reached a peak. It’s all downhill from here. Well, at least, until after the Raleigh show.

Onwards, I took a Lyft (cost me $24.80) to my hotel room and on the way, I spotted the PNC Arena where the Carolina Hurricanes play and thought, "Huh, that's pretty close to the airport." If I ever come back to Raleigh, I wouldn't mind catching a game there. The team is pretty good now and I was hoping for them to go all the way, this year, and then they got swept the the Boston Bruins in the conference finals. Also, their captain, Justin Williams, was a huge part of the Kings winning the Stanley Cup in 2014 as he was the Conn Smythe trophy winner and a hero in the Game 7s they played to make it to the end. That stated, when I looked at the area around my hotel room. It looked pretty boring. I mean they got some stores and a Trader Joes' and a few generic restaurants and some nice forests, but it didn't look as busy as Downtown Orlando.

Therefore, I decided to not want to go anywhere for the night and just relax to get ready for tomorrow. So after checking in at around 6:30 PM or so, I noticed that the Extended Stay hotel actually offered Italian room service from somewhere and thought, "All right, I've gotten to the point of life where not only I'm drinking at Starbucks, I'm ordering room service." I got a Chicken Parmesan lasagna, a nine-inch sandwich, and five cannolis for the grand total of $37.00....... As an advice, never order room service. Find somewhere to eat out. I don't know if getting something from Uber eats for the same portions is cheaper than that. Probably. Anyway, it was a good meal and really filling and I decided to save half of my lasagna for breakfast tomorrow. Watched some more Twitch streams and called it a day at around 12:00 AM to get ready to see AB's first headlining show of the Walk the Sky tour. I will document that in an another extremely long post. Post date will be TBD.
When I met Myles in 2005 I said something about his part in Rock Star (which I'd just watched) and he was kind of embarrassed but still very kind. I'm sure he's used to fans being nervous or tongue-tied around him. All four guys are just incredibly nice!

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

That's a great story, thanks for sharing!

But I have one question. What's the fashion of counting every buck?
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

GazEd wrote:That's a great story, thanks for sharing!

But I have one question. What's the fashion of counting every buck?
Thank you. Also, good question. I count every buck I've spent in these posts as a way to document the things I've spent on this trip. Also, for people that have read these extensive posts, know how frugal I want to be when going to concerts, especially when it comes to finding safe parking at a low rate. I made it a personal rule to not buy any drinks or any food at the venue since they are really expensive and since I go to shows alone, I need to be sober when driving the long hours home. The only exception to that rule, it seems, is if I was at a fair or a festival that has food trucks. That's a weakness for me honestly.

That stated, for this trip, since I have budgeted it for $1,000.00, flight and stay included, I found that have some more spending cash than I usually would normally allow myself to spend. Therefore, I kinda went the opposite of my usual mindset since I did resort to going to Starbucks and eating room service at some point, which is ill-advised if you don't want to spend too much money. It's pretty obvious to know, but people can still fall for that trap. Basically, noting how much I spend on stuff in these posts is a warning for people to not fall into the obvious money-spending trap.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Nah, not that much of what I meant.

I mean, there are several countries where people talk about money a lot. In Russia for instance it is pretty rude to ask a person how much he or she earns or spends. It might be because we are still in the middle ages or because we have a strange mindset. I dunno really.

For the record, to see AB in 2013 I spent 3 wages.

*Offtop over.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Kevin's picture made my heart feel good. What is this feeling wut r u doin to me kevin baby